An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Walks Across America Thread - California To Maine!

AnneLine

Thank you!   There ARE no shrines in the desert.   I looked for even simple crosses.  Nada.

There is a catholic church on the Marine Corps. base, but we don't have the right clearance to go visit it.

So... will keep my eyes open!

Edited by AnneLine

maximillion

ROLLIN'!!!!!!!

About two hours yesterday and one more in the wee hours this morning when the world was still, the sun coming up and God was in His heaven!

brandelynmarie

Awesome Max! You roll, girl! ;)Please put me down for 27 miles this past week :)

Edited by brandelynmarie

Niiiiice.... anyone else wanna post mileage??  Spem has said she'll be a little late this week because she's off computer for the weekend, I believe...

xTrishaxLynnx

Thanks for the conversion chart, AL! :)

I walked for more than 6 hours over the course of two days through some of the local cemeteries last weekend, so I'm going to say 12 miles, since we walked around some areas multiple times, zig-zagging through the rows, etc, but we stopped sometimes to read headstones and pray.

I did swim, but really just floated for about half the time I was in the water, so I'll just take the full 10 miles for routine walking... around the house/cleaning, walking through the garden weeding and harvesting, etc. if you think that's fair. :)

My sister and I are going to be trying to get started running. Eek! :eek:  We just got our shoes, so we'll be starting tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll keep you posted on how that goes... I will be able to track actual mileage for that. :)

So, my total for this past week (July 19-26) was 22 miles. If it's too late to count them, no big deal... I'll be catching up in the next few weeks for sure, especially if running works out ;)

Spem in alium

Niiiiice.... anyone else wanna post mileage??  Spem has said she'll be a little late this week because she's off computer for the weekend, I believe...

I'm back :) I'm guessing about 14 miles last week. 

TheresaThoma

I'll be posting milage on Wednesday (easier to remember to post before my day off). The pedometer is working great.

Wow!  We are up to about 120 miles since last count... and still don't have mileage for TheresaTHoma, Tigger60, me... and maybe Crosscut.... anyone else????  Yowie!  Good thing, too, because we got a lot of wide open spaces ahead of us!!!!

And.... Well... we got an interesting bunch of miles in our near future..... watch for more soon....... 

Quirky.

taz-walk.gif

You want QUIRKY???

We can do this.....   :evil: :brutebeast:

Edited by AnneLine

10.86 miles last week for me -- but I am beginning to think my old-faithful pedometer is NOT counting accurately.  

I've tried a new battery....

I think it may be time to give the little guy a gold watch and pick up a new one....

Yeah... He's counted for about 8 years without a break.... which is probably... I dunno... 6500 miles????  That is a LONG pedometer career.... at the very least, he should get a coat of gold paint!

Just had a chance to add all mileage for last week and I have a total of 15.07.  Will now try to move more when and if I can to get us out of 115-120 degrees of heat.  in the dessert.