An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

Well, after all the hate mail I get, I think that someone should show up at my door with a 6-pack of beer....................................

but I'm not sure my Prioress would approve. :(

And besides, I'd prefer a nice Chianti with some fava beans anyway. :)

Or even a Diet Coke with a Butterfinger!

I know some Trappist monks brew beer...are there any Trappistines who do?

AccountDeleted

I know some Trappist monks brew beer...are there any Trappistines who do?

I know Trappistine nuns who make candy!

And as an antidote to all the "hate mail" I received I might just go buy myself a six-pack. 

Does anyone else like Schneider-Weisse?  Or Franziskaner Weißbier?  hello world?

Nihil Obstat

And as an antidote to all the "hate mail" I received I might just go buy myself a six-pack. 

Does anyone else like Schneider-Weisse?  Or Franziskaner Weißbier?  hello world?

If it is beer, and it is not Canadian and American 'light beer' pond water, then yeah I am right on board with you.

I know Trappistine nuns who make candy!

When Carmelites makes candy, is it appropriate to refer to their enclosure as Candy Mountain?

Don't answer that question.

AccountDeleted

When Carmelites makes candy, is it appropriate to refer to their enclosure as Candy Mountain?

Don't answer that question.

Nearly, it's really called   Mount Caramel.

I couldn't resist. :)

If they want to make candy, they should get a Master of Divinity degree.

PhuturePriest

Obviously you have not read and/or watched Death of a Salesman.

Obviously you have not watched The Passion of the Christ.

Nihil Obstat

Obviously you have not watched The Passion of the Christ.

In fact I have, but I can tell from your response that I was correct. :dance:

If it is beer, and it is not Canadian and American 'light beer' pond water, then yeah I am right on board with you.

From the Schneider-Weisse wikipedia page:

"The full complexity of the genuine Bavarian wheat beer – great with hearty food. Amber-mahogany colored wheat beer. Nuances of ripe bananas, clove, nutmeg and nuts create the aroma. A full-bodied and sparkling beer with a harmonious finish. Brewed according to the original recipe of the founder of the brewery of 1872. Food recommendation: roast pork, sausage, Bavarian sausage, marinated prawns, camembert, peperoni with olives. Georg I as the first common man bought the right to brew wheat beer from King Ludwig II and started brewing a most delicious wheat beer in 1872. Until today, our brewmasters keep brewing TAP7 Unser Original according to the recipe of the founder of the brewery."

Brewed in the heart of beer-land and enjoyed by discriminating Bavarians.  It's so good.

If they want to make candy, they should get a Master of Divinity degree.

Divinity fudge, get it.  

I hope that was a bad enough pun that people whimpered.  Because that would mean that my time on Phatmass ends, not with a bang but a whimper.

bye bye

Nihil Obstat

From the Schneider-Weisse wikipedia page:

"The full complexity of the genuine Bavarian wheat beer – great with hearty food. Amber-mahogany colored wheat beer. Nuances of ripe bananas, clove, nutmeg and nuts create the aroma. A full-bodied and sparkling beer with a harmonious finish. Brewed according to the original recipe of the founder of the brewery of 1872. Food recommendation: roast pork, sausage, Bavarian sausage, marinated prawns, camembert, peperoni with olives. Georg I as the first common man bought the right to brew wheat beer from King Ludwig II and started brewing a most delicious wheat beer in 1872. Until today, our brewmasters keep brewing TAP7 Unser Original according to the recipe of the founder of the brewery."

Brewed in the heart of beer-land and enjoyed by discriminating Bavarians.  It's so good.

Right up my alley. I love a good spiced wheat beer. Speaking of which, I think I know where I am stopping on the way home from work.