Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 This was mentioned in another thread, and I thought it was a good idea, so I'm going to start this thread. For those of you who didn't see the thread that inspired this thread, I'll just quickly explain what's going to happen. If you're someone who is wanting to gain/lose weight, but don't want anyone to know how much/how little you weight, we'll just be keeping points. We all start out with 0 points. As you gain/lose weight, you get a point for every pound towards your goal. So, if you want to lose weight, and you lose a pound, then you get one point. If you want to gain weight, and you gain a pound, then you get a point. Now, if you're trying to lose weight, but you gain a pound, then you get a negative point (or you take a pound away). Same thing if you lose a pound when you want to gain weight. So.... Hopefully this will help everyone with encouraging others, and those who are working will be encouraged by seeing their progress! So....let's go!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Author Posted June 9, 2004 Mrs. Bro. Adam: 1 Point who else is going to jump on the bandwagon?
crusader1234 Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 I'm at zero. I'm about to go forcefeed myself though.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Author Posted June 9, 2004 Ok: Mrs. Bro. Adam and Raphael have 1 point! Stargirl and Crusader are at 0 points, but are working towards their first point... Wonder if we could get this pinned? So it doesn't get buried?
Iacobus Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 Is this like the Simmering Family wieght loss challengce? LOL! Everywhere at Easter or something they all make this list of what they are going to lose by Christmas, or something. And the person who wins gets the pool money. LOL!
Iacobus Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 By the end of the summer with my job I will be down like 143 LBs. lol. I don't eat much at work or at home when I work and I do a REALLY physical job. Try lifting and carry some kegs around. LOL!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Author Posted June 9, 2004 Shoot! I'd be happy to have a job like that! I'd be guaranteed to get some exercise in, and get paid for it! :laugh:
cmotherofpirl Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 (edited) bump. We need to find a place to pin this. THis isn't fair you know, my son just started making chicken pizzas and cheeseburger pizzas at work. Edited June 9, 2004 by cmotherofpirl
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Author Posted June 9, 2004 Those sound sooo good! Maybe we need to keep bumping it until it gets pinned?
Iacobus Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Jun 9 2004, 03:28 PM'] Shoot! I'd be happy to have a job like that! I'd be guaranteed to get some exercise in, and get paid for it! :laugh: [/quote] LOL! Just a little too much. And if you are with Chris and he tries to get the keg connented you get soaked in beer. And it tastes bad. LOL! And you smell all day.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Author Posted June 9, 2004 Well...at least I could say that I really [b]wasn't[/b] drinking!
St. Catherine Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 I am willing to try this. I guess I will have to go buy a scale in the near future though. YIKES!!!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 9, 2004 Author Posted June 9, 2004 It's a good way to keep yourself accountable, too. And help keep others who are participating accountable, too.
Iacobus Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 LOL! Does this count like I can weigh whenever I want. LOL! My mum used to be a Nazi about things like that. I was too big, about 220 or so. But I am rather large boned, I mean LARGE the smallest I could be is like 195, lol. So she make a deal with me if I hit 200 I got something, I forgot what. But I had to lose so much everyweek. So I went for a run and lost 1 pound before I weighed but never dieted. LOL!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 [quote]My mum used to be a Nazi about things like that. I was too big, about 220 or so. But I am rather large boned, I mean LARGE the smallest I could be is like 195, lol. So she make a deal with me if I hit 200 I got something, I forgot what. But I had to lose so much everyweek. So I went for a run and lost 1 pound before I weighed but never dieted. LOL![/quote] I can sympathize with that. I have a HUGE barrel chest. My ability to smell of elderberries in my stomach and have my ribcage stick out earned me the nickname "Greyhound". Actually, I think I look more like a lion, but whatever... The lowest weight I can reach is about 170.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now