An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sex in Heaven?

I've heard we will retain our gender in our glorified perfect resurrected bodies. Males will look male and females female. Beauty will still remain. This is a good thing. 

Edited by Guest

So when Christ came back in his ressurected body you couldn't tell if he was a male any longer?

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

So we're gonna have glorified perfect bodies and live forever in Heaven and it's evil to think or hope I will still have the capability to be attracted to females there? Really? Obviously not lust or anything like that but......

I would appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth.  I never said it was evil to think there would be sex in heaven.  I think it's pointless to think there will be sex in heaven since there will be 0 marriages in heaven.  Marriage was given to mankind for unity and procreation/open to procreation. The correct use of sex is called the marriage act, so think about it.  No marriage, no marriage act.  Why no marriage act?  Because after the resurrection there will be no procreation and we will already have perfect unity with each other in God.

Furthermore after we die and are resurrected we will be all one big family in heaven.  I would no more want to have sex in heaven then I would want to be married to my sister.  Ever wonder why we say, "brother in Christ and sister in Christ" to each other?

Lastly, which should be first, God is ETERNAL! He is so amazing sex won't even be on our minds.  I don't understand why this is so hard for people to cope with?  Is it because our society is so hyper-sexualized? 

Edited by Credo in Deum

Nihil Obstat

The licit pleasures of sex are merely a dim reflection of the ecstasy of perfect union of God. We will have no need for sex in heaven because our every desire is fulfilled to the most perfect degree simply to be in God's presence and contemplate Him for eternity.

So for all of eternity I will never once be attracted to a human in heaven who looks the female gender in her/its perfect ressurected body ? I will not even once have these feelings for all of eternity? You are sure of this ? Regardless my fingers are crossed.

Credo in Deum

So for all of eternity I will never once be attracted to a human in heaven who looks the female gender in her/its perfect ressurected body ? I will not even once have these feelings for all of eternity? You are sure of this ? Regardless my fingers are crossed.

Really because sexual attraction is just gender for you?  You don't care who the female is, or your relationship to her, as long as she is female you're good to go?

Edited by Credo in Deum

A Mediator of Meh broke this discussion off from another thread. I didn't start it. Anyhow I respect everyone's veiws. Sorry God made me to be attracted to females. I know that's a horrible thing. I will pry wind up in hell anyhow so it doesn't matter. Anyow God bless everyone. Peace.

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

Lol What?

I'm asking you questions because you seem pretty hard pressed on sex in heaven, so I'm wondering if there is anything more than just glorified bodies which determines whether or not sex is important?

Edited by Credo in Deum

Nihil Obstat

​Ask yourself what the purpose of sexual desire is. Procreation and mutual support. Procreation is irrelevant in heaven, and mutual support is transformed and perfected in the light of contemplation of God. Such union will be infinitely better than sex, and I mean that in a technical sense. Sex is pleasurable metaphysically speaking because it is a coming together which is ordained by God, oriented to His Will, and because it is a small foretaste of the perfect union between Man and God. In a sense it is a very small sharing of the love of God for Man. When we experience this higher expression, unmediated, the hint, the foretaste that is sex on earth is unnecessary and in fact insufficient.

[11] When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child. [12] We see now through a glass in a dark manner; but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then I shall know even as I am known. [13]And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity.

Nihil Obstat

A Mediator of Meh broke this discussion off from another thread. I didn't start it. Anyhow I respect everyone's veiws. Sorry God made me to be attracted to females. I know that's a horrible thing. I will pry wind up in he'll anyhow so it doesn't matter. Anyow God bless everyone. Peace.

​Dude, come on. Not only did nobody say that, everyone in this thread has been perfectly reasonable and perfectly civil.

Credo in Deum

A Mediator of Meh broke this discussion off from another thread. I didn't start it. Anyhow I respect everyone's veiws. Sorry God made me to be attracted to females. I know that's a horrible thing. I will pry wind up in he'll anyhow so it doesn't matter. Anyow God bless everyone. Peace.

I created this thread because I didn't want superblue's topic getting derailed. 

Edited by Credo in Deum

I'm asking you questions because you seem pretty hard pressed to on sex in heaven, so I'm wondering if there is anything more than just glorified bodies which determines whether or not sex is important?

I'm not hard pressed on it. I just think when one makes definitive statements that there will be nothing similar to sex or attractions in heaven they might be wrong. God made women realllllllyyyyyy beautiful and I can only imagine what they will look like in glorified perfect resurrected bodies. You guys think I will lose all sense of attraction for them in Heaven. I hope I don't. Obviously there would be nothing sinful about it in Heaven if attractions still remained. On the other hand perhaps God made humans ridiculously attractive in this life but in the next life it will cease. I hope it doesn't. Whatever. Anyhow I'm done. God bless everybody I love you all. Good day.

​Dude, come on. Not only did nobody say that, everyone in this thread has been perfectly reasonable and perfectly civil.

Very true. God bless.

Really because sexual attraction is just gender for you?  You don't care who the female is, or your relationship to her, as long as she is female you're good to go?

Of course it's not just looks. These beautiful heavenly humans will have BRILLIANT personalities as well. They will be perfect. It's not all about looks. I'm not a shallow person like that. Although in Heaven the looks will be perfected as will the personalities and the humans love for God. So again fingers crossed. Peace out.

Edited by Guest