An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sex in Heaven?

BarbTherese

You really have no idea what heaven will be like when we have bodies again. Not even talking about sex. Just saying you have no idea if we will be able to play a game of basketball or have a glass of wine or get to know other humans there and form friendships. Again not even talking about sex. Just saying there may be aspects of Heaven that are very human.

​Right on, Josh!  I have no idea whatsoever...............and you just might be correct "there may be aspects of Heaven that are very human".  

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Because Christ's Word isn't Gospel enough for you?

​who says angels don't have sex or some kind of sex? As far as I'm aware the fullness of truth isn't completely contained within the annals of holy scripture, nore sacred tradition although there both great parts of the whole. Holy scripture also says " my ways are high above yours."

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
typo

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

​Christ said so, and it is recorded in Matthew 22:30. I would side with Christ rather than man.

​Christ said there will be neither male or female? Why do we draw our Lord as masculine than in his resurrected body huh?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

No eye has heard nore ear has heard what delights are in heaven. Who knows, it doesn't nescisarily mean there is no plants and animals but that all darkness will be removed from our minds hearts and souls and everything will become more beautiful perhaps. Who knows really, no one has come back from there as far as I'm aware. And there are so many weeds amongst the wheat in the church, I'd only believe half of what you read and half of what you hear and see half the time when it comes to what is and what isn't official Christology even if it is nihil obsat, that doesn't mean it is infallible truth.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

KnightofChrist

​Christ said there will be neither male or female? Why do we draw our Lord as masculine than in his resurrected body huh?

I was wrong. The good thing about being wrong is that one can correct the error and be correct.  :D

PhuturePriest

​who says angels don't have sex or some kind of sex? As far as I'm aware the fullness of truth isn't completely contained within the annals of holy scripture, nore sacred tradition although there both great parts of the whole. Holy scripture also says " my ways are high above yours."

​Angels are incapable of having sex because they literally do not have bodies. They are purely spiritual beings.

​No, dude:

I let Jesus down again smh Thank goodness there's the best Catholics of all time who never make any mistakes. There's the depths of hell for the rest of us.

Edited by Guest

I mean it's not like Jesus made sex really really realllllllly pleasurabele. I mean it's onllllllllyyyyy for having kids (wink wink). There's no way there could be anythinggggg remotely close to it in heaven. And good Catholics never drink alcohol for the pleasurable effects. It's just because they like the taste. I hope you guys dont do a search of my ip and come burn me to pieces. I'm actually legitimately worried. Not really. Well just a little.

Edited by Guest

And superblue I love your condescending attitude. You're the genius who started all of this by insinuating Jesus was banging Mary Magdalene and had kids while on earth. So save the self righteous b.s. There's enough Catholics who are on that. We don't need the heretics like yourself to be holier then thou pricks as well.

Edited by Guest