An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sex in Heaven?

veritasluxmea

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, there will be no attraction to love someone in a singular, intimate way that you don't share with anyone else.

First of all, in heaven we won't be alone like we can be on earth. It would contradictory to be in communion with everyone and at the same time desiring to be communion with only one person. 

Second of all, heaven is eternity. How would attractions work in eternity? One "week" you'd be attracted to this person and then a few "years" later someone one? Like marriage, which ends after death, it seems reasonable attractions to marriage would end too. 

Thirdly, the point of celibacy here is to begin heaven on Earth. Religious can appreciate beauty and all that, but they're not having sex. Or (supposed to be) fostering attractions to marriage and a partner. 

Fourthly, what would be the point of having those attractions if you can't get married? I don't think we'll be sexually frustrated in heaven. 

idk, just throwing out some thoughts. 

Time will have to be different. Right now, time is the uninterrupted increase of entropy. That cannot happen in Heaven. I'm repeating myself.

Credo in Deum

I let Jesus down again smh Thank goodness there's the best Catholics of all time who never make any mistakes. There's the depths of hell for the rest of us.

​Despite your over-exaggerated response, I just wanted to let you know that there also wont be sex in purgatory or hell. ;)

No bodies in purgatory right? And I figured a great gift from God like sex wouldn't be in hell. That's a no- brainer.

Edited by Guest

Christ says no marriage that means no sex. Sex is only moral within marriage, as you know of course.  There is no hope for sex in heaven. 

That's the rules here. We don't know the rules in Heaven. And yes there is hope. Fingers crossed.

So God made girls God made girls he stood back and told the boys

I'm bout to rock your world

And God made girls (For singing in your front seat)

God made girls (For dancin' to their own beat)

He stood back and told the boys I'm bout to rock your world

And God made girls.

Link for the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1uv6gB4hE

KnightofChrist

That's the rules here. We don't know the rules in Heaven. And yes there is hope. Fingers crossed.

Hope is only possible if what we hope for is possible. God is unchanging, the law of Christ is universal. Marriage and the act of marriage were created for procreation. Christ' proclamation that there will no marriages in heaven was a modest and holy way to also reveal there will be no sexual intercourse in heaven. It is and always will be immoral to partake in the marriage act outside of marriage. Marriage and the act thereof cannot be divided. There will be greater pleasures in heaven than those that are gained from our animal nature. When we were babies we gained baby pleasure from baby toys and baby things. Now as adults those same things do not have the same effect upon us and seem small and also a bit silly. So too will it be in heaven, the pleasures of this world will be so small. Because we will outgrow them. 

Yeah, I feel pretty grossed out, cuz that last post of yours, Josh, seems to suggest that you think God made "girls" primarily or solely for your sexual pleasure.

Sup pham. Definitely realize we won't be having kids in Heaven or joining in marriage once we are in our glorified bodies. But there will be no physical attractions? God will remove this completely? Everyone there who is female gender will look my sister or first cousin? And I say something similar to sex. I'm not necessarily talking about how sex is here with sexual organs and babies.

​What exactly is "physical attraction" though? I don't think physical attraction is ever what we think it is on the surface...it is always bound up with what we lack, what we desire (because we lack), what we wish the world could be for us. Even on a superficial level (e.g., a sexy woman in a commercial), what attracts a man to that woman? It isn't really beauty, it's the fantasy that the woman is selling him. I think this is why everyone has different physical tastes...physical attraction is not some objective attraction, but is always existential, something unique to that person (and why someone may see a naked woman and have no attraction, maybe because they have a larger context in which to see, and the physical body by itself holds no allure apart from the context they see it in). Why do people have sex? I don't think it's some metaphysical mystery, they have sex because they are lacking something, and sex is one way to seek it in another person.

This is one of the problems I have with the idea of God. To "ascend" to God (call it heaven or whatever you want), we have to imagine a world where the human experience as we know it ceases to exist. I guess that is comforting to some people, but to me it's troubling...is it not better to simply be human, to have life, breath, sex, love, hate, failure, etc, and then to die? That makes more sense to me than a transcendent "new world" that we all pass over to.

What a sexist picture. And video. I hope those posts get taken down. 

Yeah, I feel pretty grossed out, cuz that last post of yours, Josh, seems to suggest that you think God made "girls" primarily or solely for your sexual pleasure.

That is kind of in poor taste.

​ Exactly;

This is what happens when a callow person is given too much attention.  At some point you just have to realize that your time is better spent else where.