An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sex in Heaven?

I let Jesus down again smh Thank goodness there's the best Catholics of all time who never make any mistakes. There's the depths of hell for the rest of us.

No Josh you're fine. Sex is holy and there's nothing wrong with speculating about it in heaven. It's not like you're asking if there will be opiates in heaven. That's what theologians do all day long is speculate. 

And superblue I love your condescending attitude. You're the genius who started all of this by insinuating Jesus was banging Mary Magdalene and had kids while on earth. So save the self righteous b.s. There's enough Catholics who are on that. We don't need the heretics like yourself to be holier then thou pricks as well.

​Grow up

I'd move this to raising small humans, but apparently that is frowned on in this establishment. @dUSt, there's a glitch in the matrix.

And superblue I love your condescending attitude. You're the genius who started all of this by insinuating Jesus was banging Mary Magdalene and had kids while on earth. So save the self righteous b.s. There's enough Catholics who are on that. We don't need the heretics like yourself to be holier then thou pricks as well.

Edited by Winchester

Nihil Obstat

And we are back to square one. You did actually read previous posts, right?

I let Jesus down again smh Thank goodness there's the best Catholics of all time who never make any mistakes. There's the depths of hell for the rest of us.

​Dude, Josh, relax. No one is criticizing you just for asking the question. You're taking flack because you're getting all worked up about people giving you actually-Catholic responses. If people tell you "Your view of sex is wrong and you're displaying signs of being too attached to worldly things," you can have two reactions:

1. Take it into consideration that perhaps others are charitably correcting you out of concern for your soul, accept the possibility that you're wrong, and work on changing for the sake of holiness.

2. Lash out at others for judging you self-righteously so you can go on unchanged, cuz you think there's nothing wrong with you just as you are.

I recommend the former. You seem to be doing the latter. But I assure you, there is plenty wrong with all of us.

So really, chill out.

You have no idea if I'm "wrong" Google sex in Heaven and see what you find. I'm not the first one who has thought of this nor will I be the last. You have NO IDEA if there will be something similar to sex when we have resurrected bodies. You have NO IDEA if we will still have attractions to the opposite gender when we have PERFECT GLORIFIED resurrected bodies. So stop telling me I'm wrong as if you know the answer because you don't. Heck half the people in this thread didn't even know we will get resurrected bodies in heaven. I started off really calm and only got annoyed/upset when people started telling me I'm definitely wrong and even said I could be burned at the stake because I think there could be something similar to sex and attractions In Heaven. So you chill out.

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat

You have no idea if I'm "wrong" Google sex in Heaven and see what you find. I'm not the first one who has thought of this nor will I be the last. You have NO IDEA if there will be something similar to sex when we have resurrected bodies. You have NO IDEA if we will still have attractions to the opposite gender when we have PERFECT GLORIFIED resurrected bodies. So stop telling me I'm wrong as if you know the answer because you don't. Heck half the people in this thread didn't even know we will get resurrected bodies in heaven. I started off really calm and only got annoyed/upset when people started telling me I'm definitely wrong and even said I could be burned at the stake because I think there could be something similar to sex and attractions In Heaven. So you chill out.

You are definitely wrong, as far as Catholic theology is concerned. But we have explained why in fairly great detail. I do not think you really responded to any of that.

​There are some interesting non-Christian perspectives you might want to look into. For example, the Hindu idea of desire/attachment would rule out sex once we attain our ultimate state (not "heaven" but our ultimate cosmic unity). The desire for children, spouse, etc. is a desire to keep this world going, and once you reach the realization that you are already part of the whole, you cease to desire anything, because what could you gain when you are already part of the whole? To go on reproducing is a kind of punishment of rebirth, where the cycle goes on and on because we can't give up our attachment/desire. I think sex is great, but also that there is nothing really satisfying about sex...what's great about sex is exactly that it is a moment of bliss that begins and ceases, begins and ceases, cannot last forever. I'm not sure what "eternal sex" would be like...I think it's a contradiction. Theoretically, what do you think heaven sex would be like?

You are definitely wrong, as far as Catholic theology is concerned. But we have explained why in fairly great detail. I do not think you really responded to any of that.

So according to Catholic theology it's 100 percent established fact that there will be no physical attractions in Heaven once we have bodies again?

Edited by Guest

​There are some interesting non-Christian perspectives you might want to look into. For example, the Hindu idea of desire/attachment would rule out sex once we attain our ultimate state (not "heaven" but our ultimate cosmic unity). The desire for children, spouse, etc. is a desire to keep this world going, and once you reach the realization that you are already part of the whole, you cease to desire anything, because what could you gain when you are already part of the whole? To go on reproducing is a kind of punishment of rebirth, where the cycle goes on and on because we can't give up our attachment/desire. I think sex is great, but also that there is nothing really satisfying about sex...what's great about sex is exactly that it is a moment of bliss that begins and ceases, begins and ceases, cannot last forever. I'm not sure what "eternal sex" would be like...I think it's a contradiction. Theoretically, what do you think heaven sex would be like?

Sup pham. Definitely realize we won't be having kids in Heaven or joining in marriage once we are in our glorified bodies. But there will be no physical attractions? God will remove this completely? Everyone there who is female gender will look my sister or first cousin? And I say something similar to sex. I'm not necessarily talking about how sex is here with sexual organs and babies.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

So according to Catholic theology it's 100 percent established fact that there will be no physical attractions in Heaven once we have bodies again?

Define 'physical attractions' are we still talking about sex or attractions related to sex? Certainly there will be beauty without measure in everyone and in everything because God will be the light of all. But we will lose our animal nature. It's really simple no marriage, no sex. Christ says no marriage that means no sex. Sex is only moral within marriage, as you know of course.  There is no hope for sex in heaven. 

Will glorified bodies operate on hormones? Will reasoning be based on biochemistry? Will it even be matter as we know it? It seems we'll be dealing with a wholly different universe. No conservation of energy (unless Heaven is going to wind down to photons sort of nattering about).