An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can a person be friends with a bishop?

oremus1

NadaTeTurbe

I think it's because of my post on the little sisters of Bethleem. I made a mistake ^^" 

(I don't think I have been phished because of not liking the One Direction :P ) 

1D with Zayn for the win. 1D without Zayn... nop nop nop. 

why am I phished

I didn't get any hug when dust was hugging everyone either

Edited by oremus1

IgnatiusofLoyola

why am I phished

​Nada--dUSt explains why you were phished in the post directly above yours.

This is something you'll need to discuss directly with dUSt. 

IgnatiusofLoyola

I didn't get any hug when dust was hugging everyone either

​I doubt it was personal. Phatmass has thousands of members, and very few have had the honor of meeting dUSt. dUSt has never hugged me, either.

Note: According to his post above, dUSt is not a big hugger. However, I suspect that a trip to Texas with a large gift of high quality beer would not hurt. ;)

Public denial of Mary as co-redemptrix. 

​In fairness, this isn't a dogma of the Church and there has always been debate and controversy attached to the use of this title among orthodox theologians - even Pope Benedict wouldn't use it. Back when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, he explained, "The formula 'co-redemptrix' departs to too great an extent from the language of Scripture and of the Fathers and therefore gives rise to misunderstandings." In 1996 the Vatican convened a group of theologians to discuss whether to formally define Mary as co-redemptrix, and they unanimously voted against the use of that term for her. I could be wrong and I'm open to correction, but I don't think Nada has really strayed into the fishpond with this one, not when our Pope Emeritus himself won't use that name. I did my Master's in theology and vaguely remember this debate coming up, and it seems to me more to be an issue of terminology rather than a dispute on doctrine - people on both sides of the divide have the same ideas about Mary but they argue over the best words to use. Personally I'm more than happy to invoke Mary as co-redemptrix, but I know that Fr Faber wasn't, and I can't exactly set myself up to be more orthodox than he was...

Edited by beatitude

NadaTeTurbe

On wikipedia they said : 

In August 1996, a Mariological Congress was held in CzestochowaPoland, where a commission was established in response to a request of the Holy See. The congress sought the opinion of scholars present there regarding the possibility of proposing a fifth Marian dogma on Mary as Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate. The commission unanimously declared that it was not opportune, voting 23-0 against the proposed dogma

I believe that Mary co-operated with Jesus in the salvation of the world, I don't believe she was co-redemptrix, or, more more precisely, that she should be called co-redemptrix because I find this word to be vague and can lead to errors and difficulties in ecumenism, that's why I'm against it. Mariology is a new thing that I am discovering in my EdR, and I find the word co-redemptrix unclear.

On wikipedia they quote, and I agree with them that : 

Pius XII has thus in Munificentissimus Deus, the bull defining the Assumption dogma, used the alternative expression "the revered Mother of God, [...] joined [...] with Jesus Christ in one and the same decree of predestination [...] as the noble associate of the divine Redeemer".[15]

And if it don't clear things... it's just a phishy tag, I can live with that and I know forum who are more severe on this ;) 

Nihil Obstat

everyone has hijacked my thread this is so unfair

It happens to most threads and typically you just have to deal with it. If you want to bring it back then go ahead. But calling it unfair makes you sound about ten years old.

KnightofChrist

Maybe it was but a joke? lol And really how many of us act like 10 year old's daily anyway.

On wikipedia they said :

And if it don't clear things... it's just a phishy tag, I can live with that and I know forum who are more severe on this ;)

​I am phishy too. we can be phish phriends.

It happens to most threads and typically you just have to deal with it. If you want to bring it back then go ahead. But calling it unfair makes you sound about ten years old.

​what if I am about ten years old? what would be wrong with that?

Nihil Obstat

​I am phishy too. we can be phish phriends.

​what if I am about ten years old? what would be wrong with that?

If you are ten years old then you should not be here. And if you are not ten years old, then a comment like that reeks of trolling.

Basilisa Marie

That's got to be a joke. Seriously, Mary as co-redemptrix is sketchy theological territory. And by sketchy I mean far too close to and easy to confuse with heresy.