An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charleston Shooting Suspect (Derailed: Confederate Flag Debate)

dominicansoul

to be honest, I wasn't trying to get into the flag debate with what I posted.  I posted because everytime I see the KKK, it angers me that they would rip off the Penitents as well as Christianity to boast their hateful agenda...

I myself don't care for the Confederate flag. It's not my heritage, and it's not even American.  Why fly a flag that was directly opposed to the United States of America?  That's not my thing, I'm a patriot.  The only other flag I fly is the Vatican flag.  lol.

At the same time, this is America, and we used to have the freedom to do what we wanted as long as we didn't murder anybody. IF anybody wants to fly that flag, so be it.   Flags don't murder people....people murder people...

Flags don't murder people....people murder people...

:|  http://dailycurrant.com/2015/06/26/confederate-flag-kills-7-at-alabama-shopping-mall/

"Seven people were killed this morning when a Confederate flag walked into an Alabama shopping mall and started shooting."

"The flag chased us down the hallway screaming ‘Die, Yankees Die!’, says Justin Anderson, a aeronautical engineer originally from New Hampshire. “Luckily flags don’t move very fast, so my girlfriend and I managed to outrun it.”

:P

REALLY?! Yes I'm passionate about it, yes I care VERY much about it. But I find your take on my being hung up on it insulting, sick, degrading and hypocritcal. You've also been mainly on the Confederate flag. I don't accuse you of being hung up or ideologue. So few are actually talking about the issue of Black Genocide today, so few actually give a d##n about it, so many actually support it, so excuse me if repeat myself again and again, when the world turns a deaf ear. I see the phrase black lives matter many places, and I believe that with all my heart and soul it is a truth. But it is very frustrating to see that many, so very many ignore the greatest threat to black America that exist today and those that try to warn against it are marginalized as ideologues. Or like you they say yeah that's a problem but don't talk about it too much. I'm sorry but the number of deaths make this the paramount issue that dwarfs all other issues.

It's really amazing, 9 innocent black people are murdered as they pray by a racist bigot and their are wide calls for the complete purging of all things Confederate, protest in the streets, outrage online. But point out nearly 2,000 African-Americans will be murdered each day and you may as well cue the tumble weeds and the crickets.

I'm done with this discussion

I feel you though… of course abortion is gravely evil, it is the greatest cause of death especially in minority communities and of course we should work to end it. Its the murder of the innocent, not just  the exploitation of the innocent. But other evils also exist and do need to be addressed. Racism in it its own right needs to stop as well.

to be honest, I wasn't trying to get into the flag debate with what I posted.  I posted because everytime I see the KKK, it angers me that they would rip off the Penitents as well as Christianity to boast their hateful agenda...

I myself don't care for the Confederate flag. It's not my heritage, and it's not even American.  Why fly a flag that was directly opposed to the United States of America?  That's not my thing, I'm a patriot.  The only other flag I fly is the Vatican flag.  lol.

At the same time, this is America, and we used to have the freedom to do what we wanted as long as we didn't murder anybody. IF anybody wants to fly that flag, so be it.   Flags don't murder people....people murder people...

True that: The flag is not American because it represents what was directly opposed to the United States of America.

Yes, people can fly flags all they want… but, for decency and common sense sake some people shouldn't fly flags that send mixed messages and cause offense. They should be allowed to possess the flag if they so choose, but people should try to be a bit more sensitive and responsible.

REALLY?! Yes I'm passionate about it, yes I care VERY much about it. But I find your take on my being hung up on it insulting, sick, degrading and hypocritcal. You've also been mainly on the Confederate flag. I don't accuse you of being hung up or ideologue. So few are actually talking about the issue of Black Genocide today, so few actually give a d##n about it, so many actually support it, so excuse me if repeat myself again and again, when the world turns a deaf ear. I see the phrase black lives matter many places, and I believe that with all my heart and soul it is a truth. But it is very frustrating to see that many, so very many ignore the greatest threat to black America that exist today and those that try to warn against it are marginalized as ideologues. Or like you they say yeah that's a problem but don't talk about it too much. I'm sorry but the number of deaths make this the paramount issue that dwarfs all other issues.

It's really amazing, 9 innocent black people are murdered as they pray by a racist bigot and their are wide calls for the complete purging of all things Confederate, protest in the streets, outrage online. But point out nearly 2,000 African-Americans will be murdered each day and you may as well cue the tumble weeds and the crickets.

I'm done with this discussion

I didn't say you are an ideologue, I said you may come off that way if you are say, in a discussion with actual Black people. We're talking about racism, yes we have to address abortion but yes we also have to address other things.

If you wish to take great offense to that, then fine.

Maybe hung-up was the insulting part? My bad, but you keep bringing up abortion and about 95% of the people here agree with you that it's awful. I guess I don't see the need to keep reiterating that when we're already on the same page :shrug:

I never said anything about banning the flag from existence. I was talking about it flying outside government buildings. If you want to fly it on your truck or your house go ahead.

Edited by Guest

Anyone disrespecting the American flag should have their a## kicked or worse. Again I don't think the c.f. should be banned or Dukes should be canceled. I just don't see why it should be flying on government properties. I've yet to hear a convincing argument as to why it should. Also I think it's pretty sad how little empathy has been shown to these black Churches from Catholics in general. It's always troubled me that no matter what Catholic Church I've gone too at any point of my life there are hardly any black Catholics. Yet non Catholic Churches are filled with blacks and whites worshiping together. I've always found that really troubling. 

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat

Anyone disrespecting the American flag should have their a## kicked or worse. Again I don't think the c.f. should be banned or Dukes should be canceled. I just don't see why it should be flying on government properties. I've yet to hear a convincing argument yet.

WhyWhy on earth would you physically harm someone for saying something you disagree with for a flag of all things? Seems a bit sociopathic.

WhyWhy on earth would you physically harm someone for saying something you disagree with for a flag of all things? Seems a bit sociopathic.

I wouldn't. But people stomping the American flag and things like that are playing with fire. People died for that flag and our freedom. People take it pretty serious and I don't blame them.

Edited by Guest

I respect the American flag and the people who fought and died for our freedom. And the people who are still fighting and dying. Just because I don't feel the same way about the Confederate flag doesn't say anything about where I stand with the United States Of America Flag. Although the sentiment from alot of people seems to be you have to support both or none. That's b.s.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

I didn't say you are an ideologue, I said you may come off that way if you are say, in a discussion with actual Black people. We're talking about racism, yes we have to address abortion but yes we also have to address other things.

If you wish to take great offense to that, then fine.

Maybe hung-up was the insulting part? My bad, but you keep bringing up abortion and about 95% of the people here agree with you that it's awful. I guess I don't see the need to keep reiterating that when we're already on the same page :shrug:

If 1,800+ born children and or adult african-american people were being murdered by a group that is funded by the US gov in the streets each day and I spoke of it in the same manner as I do for those preborn children who are murdered each day I highly doubt that anyone would suggest the I was "hung up" or ideological.

Nihil Obstat

I wouldn't. But people stomping the American flag and things like that are playing with fire. People died for that flag and our freedom. People take it pretty serious and I don't blame them.

So you would not harm a person disrespecting the flag, but you would let someone else do it instead? What was that about freedom again?

Take it seriously all you want. But it is both sociopathic and hugely contradictory to wish allow or commit harm on someone who peacefully, if distastefully, disagrees with you.

Didn't people die for that confederate flag too?

Just asking...