An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charleston Shooting Suspect (Derailed: Confederate Flag Debate)

Credo in Deum

Response to your hypothetical scenario.

I do not believe someone's rights should be rescinded b/c one is offended.  There are a lot of things out there to cause offense... if we let it. People choose to be offended....as I am sure this post will offend someone.

I'm offended you would think someone would be offended.  

Offended.

Lilllabettt

Well floopy flop the KKK to the fires of hell eternal. They claim the American flag is their flag too, and they have used it just as much.

kkkflag2.jpg

Anyway as I stated earlier the Flag is being used as a distraction to the real threats to Black American. Since June the 18th an estimated 22,512 African-American babies have died due to Black Genocide in America. The same Media that is up in arms against the Confederate Flag, the same Federal Government that is banning the Confederate Flag has no problem, is completely silent and quite frankly does not give a d##n when it comes to those tens of thousands of children. They are in full support of that actually. The flag is a distraction, a distraction away from many things but also to Liberal policies have butchered far more than the devil that killed those innocent souls as they prayed in SC.

That is one stupid bad photoshop job, son.

Did you do that yourself or did somebody get that past you?

I'm offended you would think someone would be offended.  

Offended.

Told ya.

KnightofChrist

That is one stupid bad photoshop job, son.

Did you do that yourself or did somebody get that past you?

It's pixelated due to the crappy low compression of the image. I don't believe it to be photoshopped, the typography matches the style of the time.  But perhaps it could be, but most people aren't smart enough to mimic period handwriting fonts. They'll use comic sans or something. But still there are plenty of images of the KKK doing their little marches waving many American Flags.

Edited by KnightofChrist

These jerks totally hijacked the Order of Penitent's garb and made it a sign of racist hatred, stupid dumbass honkies...!!!

But that doesn't stop the Penitents from using it!  Go Spain!

Capuchones.jpg

Were you making an analogy? I don't think it works for obvious reasons… one group is wearing white bed sheets and coneheads (for lack of a better term) while the other group is wearing purple silk bedsheets and coneheads.

It's pixelated due to the crappy low compression of the image. I don't believe it to be photoshopped, the typography matches the style of the time.  But perhaps it could be, but most people aren't smart enough to mimic period handwriting fonts. They'll use comic sans or something. But still there are plenty of images of the KKK doing their little marches waving many American Flags.

The odd thing about that picture is that there is no flag anywhere in sight....  that said,  comic sans pretty much smells of elderberries.

dominicansoul

Were you making an analogy? I don't think it works for obvious reasons… one group is wearing white bed sheets and coneheads (for lack of a better term) while the other group is wearing purple silk bedsheets and coneheads.

the penitents wear white sometimes, but they looked too much like KKK that I don't think many would notice the difference.  :|   so i went with the  purple garb just to show the gist of their "habit" which predates KKK by centuries...

Credo in Deum

The Klan wears gold, purple, black, green, blue, and red robes as well.

Edited by Credo in Deum

Can anybody please show me some people who fought for the confederacy who weren't racist and/or enamored of the institution of slavery? Or is the heritage of the confederacy inextricably linked to those things?

KnightofChrist

The odd thing about that picture is that there is no flag anywhere in sight....  that said,  comic sans pretty much smells of elderberries.

It's a real image. After a lot of googling, I'm pretty sure it's from the 1925 when the KKK marched on Washington DC. They really do love the American Flag, all one has to do is google the march to see how very much they love the US flag.

KnightofChrist

Can anybody please show me some people who fought for the confederacy who weren't racist and/or enamored of the institution of slavery? Or is the heritage of the confederacy inextricably linked to those things?

My ancestors were too poor to own slaves. The reasons why they fought as passed down to me were as I gave earlier. They fought to protect their family, friends from an invading army. That was their belief.

KnightofChrist

the penitents wear white sometimes, but they looked too much like KKK that I don't think many would notice the difference.  :|   so i went with the  purple garb just to show the gist of their "habit" which predates KKK by centuries...

I believe it's pretty clear that the KKK stole the design of their uniforms from the Penitents. The Penitents during Holy Week will walk with a wooden Cross, but they don't burn it. There are other similarities as well suggesting the KKK copied or attempted to hijack the Penitents look.