Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Props  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

There should be negative props in the prayer room for if it's a dumb prayer.

:notworthy2:

Posted

the prayer room should have  an amen button, actually just change the whole props thing to an amen button

Posted

the prayer room should have  an amen button, actually just change the whole props thing to an amen button

That would only make the word Amen into a prop and take away the real meaning of Amen.

Posted

That would only make the word Amen into a prop and take away the real meaning of Amen.

Amen!

MarysLittleFlower
Posted

I voted no props because it seems based on popularity, who agrees with who, etc. Sometimes it kind of makes it feel like high school all over again haha.. :P 

But if the majority wants props, I think it's fine to just have positive props. Negative props are just too...... Negative. 

 

 

Posted

I voted no props because it seems based on popularity, who agrees with who, etc. Sometimes it kind of makes it feel like high school all over again haha.. :P 

But if the majority wants props, I think it's fine to just have positive props. Negative props are just too...... Negative. 

 

 

We are in complete agreement for once in our lives MLF! So NO props MUST be a good thing! :) 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
Posted (edited)

I agree with no props. It can cause people to desire popularity instead of piety. And it gets cliquey where particular people always vote for particular people no matter what, and therefore the popularity index is never true to the content of the posters as to whether it truly is worthy or not. And visa versa where some people will automatically boo a particular person because they have gotten into the habit of booing the person or just following the trends of others booing of particular peoples. 

Do we want this place to be hype or ripe. Coz people can get caught up in hype and trends. Do we just want to be another trend or defend all that is good and true,right and just.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
puellapaschalis
Posted

I mainly propped positively to show agreement. My negative props expressed disagreement and occasional exasperation. I'm not particularly bothered whether they return.

Posted

The option I want isn't up there:

 
  • Yes, but only do negative props. Positive props are too positive.
Posted

Maybe we can consider expanding the prop thing instead and have positive and negative props along with the super-positive and super-negative props. Add in an 'amen' button and a 'super-amen' button too.

We can also add a 'Winchester-approved' button?

It would be nice to have an 'endorsement' option too for those who would like to use props for propaganda and publicity. For instance - if I clicked the button a message brief would appear at the bottom of the post confirming that 'Didacorp emdorses the message above'! That would be amesome and really help in our goal to conquer the world!

MarysLittleFlower
Posted

Maybe we can consider expanding the prop thing instead and have positive and negative props along with the super-positive and super-negative props. Add in an 'amen' button and a 'super-amen' button too.

We can also add a 'Winchester-approved' button?

It would be nice to have an 'endorsement' option too for those who would like to use props for propaganda and publicity. For instance - if I clicked the button a message brief would appear at the bottom of the post confirming that 'Didacorp emdorses the message above'! That would be amesome and really help in our goal to conquer the world!

such an amount of props would also probably crash the website forever ;) 

We are in complete agreement for once in our lives MLF! So NO props MUST be a good thing! :) 

:like2:indeed! :D 

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted

My vote is that we experiment for awhile without props and see how it affects the phorum.

As others (and I) have said, props can turn into a popularity contest, or people competing about how many props they have.

If the decision is made to keep props, I'd vote that the total number of props a person has be taken off their posts. Actually, I'd like it if props didn't accumulate at all. A person might get props for a particular post, but there wouldn't be any cumulative number of props. And no "awards" for high numbers of props.

However, props in the prayer room are good.

Ancilla Domini
Posted

The option I want isn't up there:

 
  • Yes, but only do negative props. Positive props are too positive.

Props.

I mean negative props.

Posted

My vote is that we experiment for awhile without props and see how it affects the phorum.

As others (and I) have said, props can turn into a popularity contest, or people competing about how many props they have.

If the decision is made to keep props, I'd vote that the total number of props a person has be taken off their posts. Actually, I'd like it if props didn't accumulate at all. A person might get props for a particular post, but there wouldn't be any cumulative number of props. And no "awards" for high numbers of props.

However, props in the prayer room are good.

This is a very good idea. I think that would help with the whole "popularity contest" feel that people are complaining about. 

Posted

No, no, you miss my point. An Amen button and that's all - no props out here. I don't think we had props when I first joined phatmass and I think that's why the atmosphere was so much nicer and less combative and competitive. It was a place to come share ideas and debate topics but it didn't feel like a factionalised place, like it does now.

I do get your point: YOU want no props. You're missing my point: I DO want positive props—and an "Amen" button in the Prayer Board.

Posted

i don't care any more as i can just do this :dontlike: or this :like2:  and it expresses the same thing with out me having to go into detail as to why and leaves me still open to giving a response when i feel like doing so.

Posted

Props is like abortion - if you don't like it just don't do it but don't stop others from having access to it.  

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Props is like abortion - if you don't like it just don't do it but don't stop others from having access to it.  

776a4d151147b94b87861409cb5927ed.jpg

Posted

Props is like abortion - if you don't like it just don't do it but don't stop others from having access to it.  

I hope you're joking, otherwise, how are you Church Militant? That's a terrible joke btw. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...