An Old School Catholic Message Board

Un-banned: Cam42, Apotheoun, Budge and Phazzan

dUSt

How many active Phishies do we even have besides DairyGirl who I dont think even identifies as Catholic so her tag is incorrect to begin with.

It might not be a popular opinion, but someone has to stand up for the Phishies. 

I changed dairygirl to non-catholic.

We have 80 Phishies at phatmass. Starting yesterday, every one of their posts require moderator approval.

I changed dairygirl to non-catholic.

We have 80 Phishies at phatmass. Starting yesterday, every one of their posts require moderator approval.

Dang. Stinks to be a moderator.

How active are these 80 Phishies anyway? I feel like such an action isnt warranted from a relative standpoint or even a logistical one for the poor Mediators of Meh.

Edited by CrossCuT

How active are these 80 Phishies anyway? I feel like such an action isnt warranted from a relative standpoint or even a logistical one for the poor Mediators of Meh.

If you are a moderator reading this, please do not feel obligated to approve any Phishy posts. Don't approve any of them if you don't feel like it. I'll get to them, eventually, when I have time and feel like it.

If you are a Phishy reading this, I'm sorry, you are welcome to hang out, but please realize you will not be able to talk much.

I find this very extreme and unnecessary. 

Free the Phishies!!!!!!!!!!!

I value your opinion, but I don't see any other way to make phatmass a place I want to visit every day. What is your solution?

I value your opinion, but I don't see any other way to make phatmass a place I want to visit every day. What is your solution?

Stop jumping to drama conclusions. So long as the Phishies have their tag, people will know not to trust their statements on Catholicism; that was the whole point was it not? When you lead the annual witch hunt to ban the problem people, how many names popped up were Phishies? How often are they actually the problem? Ive been on here for some time, at least long enough to know that people dont generally complain about the Phishy people. I dont doubt that quite a few members dislike the Phishies simply because they are Phishies and would rather have this place purified, but the problem is simply we live in a world with different opinions. 

I dunno. It seems like this is happening more and more and maybe youre privy to complaints as a moderator that I dont see. But all this hullabaloo seems like childish to me.

If you are a moderator reading this, please do not feel obligated to approve any Phishy posts. Don't approve any of them if you don't feel like it. I'll get to them, eventually, when I have time and feel like it.

If you are a Phishy reading this, I'm sorry, you are welcome to hang out, but please realize you will not be able to talk much.

I don't mind approving or disapproving but what is your criteria? Faithfulness to church teaching? Or just your own personal taste?

If it's the latter I'll just save those for you :)

I don't mind approving or disapproving but what is your criteria? Faithfulness to church teaching? Or just your own personal taste?

If it's the latter I'll just save those for you :)

Approve them if they keep the party jumpin. If they bring the party down and make people want to go home, delete them.

I dunno. It seems like this is happening more and more and maybe youre privy to complaints as a moderator that I dont see. But all this hullabaloo seems like childish to me.

Call me childish if you want, but it only reinforces my childhood pledge to never turn into Tom Hanks near the end of Big. He was a real grown up jerk. So, thank you for that.

I read your reply and I noticed you did not provide a solution that would make me want to visit phatmass every day to grow in Christ.

Stop jumping to drama conclusions. So long as the Phishies have their tag, people will know not to trust their statements on Catholicism; that was the whole point was it not? When you lead the annual witch hunt to ban the problem people, how many names popped up were Phishies? How often are they actually the problem? Ive been on here for some time, at least long enough to know that people dont generally complain about the Phishy people. I dont doubt that quite a few members dislike the Phishies simply because they are Phishies and would rather have this place purified, but the problem is simply we live in a world with different opinions. 

http://www.thesitewizard.com/gettingstarted/startwebsite.shtml

Good luck.

When you lead the annual witch hunt to ban the problem people, how many names popped up were Phishies?

The witch hunts were fun, but the results were dumb. I still had to let people stay that I didn't like being around. My new philosophy is that the Phorum is a house party and if people come in that are bringing the party down I'm gonna just put duck tape over their mouths and only take it off when I want them to say something.

KnightofChrist

The witch hunts were fun, but the results were dumb. I still had to let people stay that I didn't like being around. My new philosophy is that the Phorum is a house party and if people come in that are bringing the party down I'm gonna just put duck tape over their mouths and only take it off when I want them to say something.

Well I guess I'll be the one to ask, who are the people you do not want at your party? And I thought the new direction was the original direction center on Christ and his Church not a party, part of being Christian is being welcoming to those we don't like personally.

Technically, this is inaccurate. How many times have we had to explain to people what the "Phishy" tag even means? If people don't know what it means, they don't know to ignore those people's posts.

Well I guess I'll be the one to ask, who are the people you do not want at your party? And I thought the new direction was the original direction center on Christ and his Church not a party, part of being Christian is being welcoming to those we don't like personally.

He's welcoming them to be somewhere else.