An Old School Catholic Message Board

Un-banned: Cam42, Apotheoun, Budge and Phazzan

dUSt

SaintOfVirtue
 You can forgive someone, but that doesn't mean allowing them to be in a position to cause you psychological harm--or just wreck your Phatmass experience which is supposed to be positive.

I don't want to be insensitive but: get over it. You probably should not invest yourself so much in something that you are caused "psychological harm" just by reading a person's posts, and that applies to real life and on the web (but especially on the web).  I don't read every post; even in topics I follow closely there are posts I skip just because I know the person who wrote it probably is not adding much to the conversation.

dominicansoul

Iggy has every right to voice her concerns.  Heck, peeps around here whine about stupid stuff all the time, Iggy's concerns are at least legitimate.

SaintOfVirtue

Iggy has every right to voice her concerns.  Heck, peeps around here whine about stupid stuff all the time, Iggy's concerns are at least legitimate.

I agree on all points (she does have right to voice concerns, yes people whine about stupid stuff all the time, her concerns may be legitimate), my point was the manner in which they were expressed should have been less dramatic.  For one to claim a post has psychologically scared oneself is a bit extreme. 

dominicansoul

I think that's a possibility.  People get scarred on social media all the time.  I've lost dear friends over stupid drama on the interwebs.  I'm sure you've heard of worse things happening because of stuff posted on social forums, Facebook, Twitter etc.  i don't think iggys  being dramatic, she's just being honest.  

veritasluxmea

I'm interested to see if these guys will come back (which I doubt) and if they do, if they'll post the same. Sounds like they really had an impact around here. 

SaintOfVirtue

I remember all of them except Budge.  To me they were just other members who were annoying or over-critical at times, but other than that they were just other users.  I was slightly shocked to find out they were banned as I don't recall them ever doing anything explicitly ban worthy, but then again I've been gone a while and my 'return' has been intermittent at best.

dominicansoul

I do believe peeps deserve another chance.  But to be honest they didn't have any affect on me whatsoever.  I am sure I got more on their nerves and they found me annoying as heck.  I don't have to say it but I've done some really asinine things to peeps on the interwebs myself.  I'm the biggest whiner of them all.  

I do believe peeps deserve another chance.  But to be honest they didn't have any affect on me whatsoever.  I am sure I got more on their nerves and they found me annoying as heck.  I don't have to say it but I've done some really asinine things to peeps on the interwebs myself.  I'm the biggest whiner of them all.  

We should have a pop-up survey asking people who the biggest whiner is, cuz I'm pretty sure I'm a competitor for that one.

Well, this is interesting, the subjects of the thread are not even here and the drama has already started.

I think Didacus should bumb some of their threads!

I think that's a possibility.  People get scarred on social media all the time.  I've lost dear friends over stupid drama on the interwebs.  I'm sure you've heard of worse things happening because of stuff posted on social forums, Facebook, Twitter etc.  i don't think iggys  being dramatic, she's just being honest.  

Were they really actually dear friends then?  I doubt it.  A real, actual, solid friendship doesnt end THAT easily.  Good riddance I say!

I agree on all points (she does have right to voice concerns, yes people whine about stupid stuff all the time, her concerns may be legitimate), my point was the manner in which they were expressed should have been less dramatic.  For one to claim a post has psychologically scared oneself is a bit extreme. 

Iggy has said she is having  a hard time both physically and mentally, and I know from my own experience that that certainly makes seemingly simple things much more difficult to deal with.

Well, this is interesting, the subjects of the thread are not even here and the drama has already started.

ok - you lost me.   Please explain.