An Old School Catholic Message Board

Un-banned: Cam42, Apotheoun, Budge and Phazzan

dUSt

When I first posted on phatmass I got officially warned,... like,... twice!

Then people started thinking I was a necromancer or something.  

veritasluxmea

Apotheoun was the bomb-diggity (or whatever the kids are saying these days).

Apotheoun was lit

I've never been banned or warned. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dairygirl4u2c

at least it's not so bad here as catholic answers is cause they ban you for breathing practically. 

here, well i'm glad i haven't been banned yet. ive been suspended. maybe sometimes i was too personal in my attacks. i know i'm not much of an open mic person or all that sociable... for that i feel sorrow sometimes. but, i belong in the debate table, that's just the way it is. 

per here, i can see the negative points cause i'm such a contrarian. and the phishy thing cause i post some pretty radical stuff. but i don't think i'm so bad that every post i write needs to be reviewed first as is now the case. i wonder why that is. but, whattyagonnado. 

edit: this post wasn't reviewed by moderators? that was a brief episode of twilight zone or something

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

at least it's not so bad here as catholic answers is cause they ban you for breathing practically. 

here, well i'm glad i haven't been banned yet. ive been suspended. maybe sometimes i was too personal in my attacks. i know i'm not much of an open mic person or all that sociable... for that i feel sorrow sometimes. but, i belong in the debate table, that's just the way it is. 

per here, i can see the negative points cause i'm such a contrarian. and the phishy thing cause i post some pretty radical stuff. but i don't think i'm so bad that every post i write needs to be reviewed first as is now the case. i wonder why that is. but, whattyagonnado. 

edit: this post wasn't reviewed by moderators? that was a brief episode of twilight zone or something

As a fellow contrarian, youre cool in my book Dairygirl even if Im the only one who thinks so.

dairygirl4u2c

surprised apo was banned. he seemed like a stellar guy. cam was not all that likeable being as hardcore as he was but he at least represnted that view pretty well so im on ballance surprised.
i guess thse guys just rubbed the moderators wrong.

Basilisa Marie

surprised apo was banned. he seemed like a stellar guy. cam was not all that likeable being as hardcore as he was but he at least represnted that view pretty well so im on ballance surprised.
i guess thse guys just rubbed the moderators wrong.

Apo was generally just fine, but he crossed the line once and got banned, with a few others if I remember right. It was a whole drama thing.  Dairy, you're part of what gives phatmass it's unique flavor. :)  

I like the Tracts that Catholic Answers puts out because they're a gold mine for quotes from the Church Fathers that can help answer questions. I love paring them with scripture to show how we didn't just magically make things up in the middle ages, that some ideas were around since the very earliest times in the Church. 

Their "Ask an Apologist" board used to be pretty good too, and was usually pretty moderate and well-sourced (though as much as I really loved reading Fr. Vincent's answers, I personally think he was a little too quick on the hair-trigger for copy-pasting his graphic meditation on the crucifixion when people complained about...anything). Then it turned into a bunch of links to past answers. Now it's... what, non-existent? Idk. The rest of the forums were a really mixed bag and I wouldn't be comfortable sending people there. Here on Phatmass I think the diversity works really well. 

PhuturePriest

If I remember correctly, I've been given two warnings and was suspended for two weeks.

Alas, my legacy pales in comparison to the likes of Hasan, whose history of tomfoolery and warnings/suspensions are a thing of legend.

Basilisa Marie

Sorry, I'm new and all, but the ban hammer seems to come down often here, eh?

Nah, we're just going through a transition. Or something. Normally it takes a lot to actually get the ban-hammer. You have to be really obvious with your heretical tom-foolery. 

Seems like Dust only wants to ban Phishies

Phishies, in my opinion, are the most harmful thing the Church is facing. It's the devil's deployment of Machiavellian tactics.

I want phatmass to be a unified team that fights the devil. We can't do that with phishies around. We need to start focusing on battling evil in the world, and stop fighting among ourselves. It's like we're a family who can't decide if we want to go feed the poor, pray in front of an abortion clinic, or evangelize on a street corner--so, instead of doing any of those things, we just stay home and fight about it. It's dumb. I don't want to do it anymore.

Phishies, in my opinion, are the most harmful thing the Church is facing. It's the devil's deployment of Machiavellian tactics.

I want phatmass to be a unified team that fights the devil. We can't do that with phishies around. We need to start focusing on battling evil in the world, and stop fighting among ourselves. It's like we're a family who can't decide if we want to go feed the poor, pray in front of an abortion clinic, or evangelize on a street corner--so, instead of doing any of those things, we just stay home and fight about it. It's dumb. I don't want to do it anymore.

I totally understand that, but Phishies are still part of the family and shouldnt you start by evangelizing them? Or do we leave them alone and allow them to fall away or lead others astray? As long as they are marked as such, dont know why its an issue. We dont even have that many Phishies anyway. There is way more argument between the "good" Catholic members (Church Mils and Chummy Coms) than between Phishies.

How many active Phishies do we even have besides DairyGirl who I dont think even identifies as Catholic so her tag is incorrect to begin with.

It might not be a popular opinion, but someone has to stand up for the Phishies. 

Edited by CrossCuT