SaintOfVirtue Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 You can forgive someone, but that doesn't mean allowing them to be in a position to cause you psychological harm--or just wreck your Phatmass experience which is supposed to be positive. I don't want to be insensitive but: get over it. You probably should not invest yourself so much in something that you are caused "psychological harm" just by reading a person's posts, and that applies to real life and on the web (but especially on the web). I don't read every post; even in topics I follow closely there are posts I skip just because I know the person who wrote it probably is not adding much to the conversation.
Amppax Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 I don't want to be insensitive but: Yeah, well you failed.
dominicansoul Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 Iggy has every right to voice her concerns. Heck, peeps around here whine about stupid stuff all the time, Iggy's concerns are at least legitimate.
SaintOfVirtue Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 Iggy has every right to voice her concerns. Heck, peeps around here whine about stupid stuff all the time, Iggy's concerns are at least legitimate. I agree on all points (she does have right to voice concerns, yes people whine about stupid stuff all the time, her concerns may be legitimate), my point was the manner in which they were expressed should have been less dramatic. For one to claim a post has psychologically scared oneself is a bit extreme.
dominicansoul Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 I think that's a possibility. People get scarred on social media all the time. I've lost dear friends over stupid drama on the interwebs. I'm sure you've heard of worse things happening because of stuff posted on social forums, Facebook, Twitter etc. i don't think iggys being dramatic, she's just being honest.
veritasluxmea Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 I'm interested to see if these guys will come back (which I doubt) and if they do, if they'll post the same. Sounds like they really had an impact around here.
SaintOfVirtue Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I remember all of them except Budge. To me they were just other members who were annoying or over-critical at times, but other than that they were just other users. I was slightly shocked to find out they were banned as I don't recall them ever doing anything explicitly ban worthy, but then again I've been gone a while and my 'return' has been intermittent at best.
dominicansoul Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I do believe peeps deserve another chance. But to be honest they didn't have any affect on me whatsoever. I am sure I got more on their nerves and they found me annoying as heck. I don't have to say it but I've done some really asinine things to peeps on the interwebs myself. I'm the biggest whiner of them all.
Gabriela Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I do believe peeps deserve another chance. But to be honest they didn't have any affect on me whatsoever. I am sure I got more on their nerves and they found me annoying as heck. I don't have to say it but I've done some really asinine things to peeps on the interwebs myself. I'm the biggest whiner of them all. We should have a pop-up survey asking people who the biggest whiner is, cuz I'm pretty sure I'm a competitor for that one.
SaintOfVirtue Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I once whined so much on here that MiKolbe told me almost every other post to "unwad my panties"
Maximilianus Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 Well, this is interesting, the subjects of the thread are not even here and the drama has already started. I think Didacus should bumb some of their threads!
vee Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I think that's a possibility. People get scarred on social media all the time. I've lost dear friends over stupid drama on the interwebs. I'm sure you've heard of worse things happening because of stuff posted on social forums, Facebook, Twitter etc. i don't think iggys being dramatic, she's just being honest. Were they really actually dear friends then? I doubt it. A real, actual, solid friendship doesnt end THAT easily. Good riddance I say!
vee Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I agree on all points (she does have right to voice concerns, yes people whine about stupid stuff all the time, her concerns may be legitimate), my point was the manner in which they were expressed should have been less dramatic. For one to claim a post has psychologically scared oneself is a bit extreme. Iggy has said she is having a hard time both physically and mentally, and I know from my own experience that that certainly makes seemingly simple things much more difficult to deal with.
Didacus Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 Well, this is interesting, the subjects of the thread are not even here and the drama has already started. I think Didacus should bumb some of their threads! Well, this is interesting, the subjects of the thread are not even here and the drama has already started. I think Didacus should bumb some of their threads! ok - you lost me. Please explain.
dominicansoul Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 I think max wants u to bump old cam threads. I thought they were all deleted lol.
Maximilianus Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 ok - you lost me. Please explain. I distinctly said "to bumb" And, as we all know, "to bumb" means "to bump," ... in Florinese what DS said. Go Mets
Didacus Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 (edited) I think max wants u to bump old cam threads. I thought they were all deleted lol. I could get banned for that! Veno retro satanes!! I distinctly said "to bumb" And, as we all know, "to bumb" means "to bump," ... in Florinese what DS said. Go Mets florinese? you lost me again... maybe i'm too old for these games... Edited October 23, 2015 by Didacus I wanted to edit my post
Didacus Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 Good effort. give me a bone buddy! i'm only a third of what I should and half of what I've been!
Lilllabettt Posted October 23, 2015 Posted October 23, 2015 Gee thanks. Now there are two people who I thought were my friends (you and Nihil) who don't give a croutons how I feel. At least now I know. Iggy, I love you but the above is emotionally manipulative. I get emotionally manipulative when I am worried or scared. I think you are really worried or scarred that Cam will come back. As someone who has never been afraid of anyone on the internet, this worry seems bizarre to me. But I have no doubt it is real to you. 5 years is a longtime to be afraid of something like that, though. I think you can trust that whether Cam comes back or not, Dust will keep this a safe place for you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now