An Old School Catholic Message Board

Un-banned: Cam42, Apotheoun, Budge and Phazzan

dUSt

IgnatiusofLoyola

Cool cool! Well maybe Ill get to meet him if he returns

Well, you may get your wish. It seems that @Anomaly and I are the only ones who had negative feelings about Cam. (Or, at least we are the only two who were members back then and remember their experiences). (Anomaly said in an earlier post that Cam played a small part in reinforcing his decision to reject Catholicism and Christianity.)

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Well, you may get your wish. It seems that @Anomaly and I are the only ones who had negative feelings about Cam. (Or, at least we are the only two who were members back then and remember their experiences). (Anomaly said in an earlier post that Cam played a small part in reinforcing his decision to reject Catholicism and Christianity.

Well Ive already fallen away so I guess there is little harm left he can do. :idontknow:

KnightofChrist

I just really hate the whole "let's talk negatively about someone who isn't here to defend themselves for things that happened years ago" thing.

IgnatiusofLoyola

i REALLY want to see Cam meet Crosscut....that alone is worth unbanning him... lol!

Gee thanks. Now there are two people who I thought were my friends (you and Nihil) who don't give a croutons how I feel. At least now I know.

@Nihil Obstat Just because Cam is a traddie doesn't mean he is helpful to the traddie "cause." You know I personally support and pray for you and Katy, but when Cam posts I have to think of you to remember that many (most?) traddies are totally cool and loving people. If Cam returns we will have more conversations about traditional Catholicism. But, will it help overall acceptance of traditional Catholicism? I'm not so sure about that.

I just really hate the whole "let's talk negatively about someone who isn't here to defend themselves for things that happened years ago" thing.

It's not like people are talking about him behind his back. It's all here out in the open. If I was Cam, I'd welcome any comments or criticism that has the potential of helping me better myself.

IgnatiusofLoyola

I don't hate Cam. In fact, I think that most of the time Cam honestly thought that the things he said were helping, and he was clueless that his words and actions could negatively affect people's views on traditional Catholicism. Unlike some purposely manipulative people, I don't think Cam was purposely "winding people up."

Still, even "clueless" behavior can hurt other people. (I should know because for years I was clueless that I was saying things that hurt people's feelings or made them view me negatively. I was totally shocked when I realized the effects my behavior was having because that was not my conscious intention. I'm still ashamed that it took me so many years to realize this.)

Gee thanks. Now there are two people who I thought were my friends (you and Nihil) who don't give a croutons how I feel. At least now I know.

@Nihil Obstat Just because Cam is a traddie doesn't mean he is helpful to the traddie "cause." You know I personally support and pray for you and Katy, but when Cam posts I have to think of you to remember that many (most?) traddies are totally cool and loving people. If Cam returns we will have more conversations about traditional Catholicism. But, will it help overall acceptance of traditional Catholicism? I'm not so sure about that.

Please point out where in this thread I have given any indication that I do not care how you feel.

KnightofChrist

If I was Cam, I'd welcome any comments or criticism that has the potential of helping me better myself.

Let's say he welcomes the criticism but then offers criticisms of his own. What happens then? More often than not in such a case, Drama Llama Trauma. You may not agree, no one may agree but I think much of the drama that has happened on Phatmass over the years happens because people hold on to things too long and don't let it go and offer personal criticisms, which in turn receives personal criticisms, which then leads to more personal criticisms, which leads to more criticisms and then somewhere in between everything goes to blankety blank.

Anyway that's all I have to say about that.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Please point out where in this thread I have given any indication that I do not care how you feel.

Just the fact that you notified Cam that he was unbanned. Actually, it's unrealistic of me to expect that you would even think of the possible negative effect on me when you notified Cam. (Plus, I wasn't the only one who had negative experiences with Cam, but aren't speaking up--in part because this was awhile ago and they are no longer members). 

I think (not surprisingly) that you want as many traditional Catholics as possible on Phatmass, and as much discussion of traditional Catholicism as possible, even if the person involved isn't an ideal spokesman for traditional Catholicism (at least in my opinion--others, including you, may disagree).

I just wish you hadn't notified Cam. But if you had not done it, Cam could easily have found out some other way.

It's "water under the bridge" now. Plus, if Cam comes back, he might be banned again, not necessarily for his judgemental behavior, but because of some of his views on the current Roman Catholic church, the NO, etc.

Just the fact that you notified Cam that he was unbanned. Actually, it's unrealistic of me to expect that you would even think of the possible negative effect on me when you notified Cam. (Plus, I wasn't the only one who had negative experiences with Cam, but aren't speaking up--in part because this was awhile ago and they are no longer members). 

I think (not surprisingly) that you want as many traditional Catholics as possible on Phatmass, and as much discussion of traditional Catholicism as possible, even if the person involved isn't an ideal spokesman for traditional Catholicism (at least in my opinion--others, including you, may disagree).

I just wish you hadn't notified Cam. But if you had not done it, Cam could easily have found out some other way.

It's "water under the bridge" now. Plus, if Cam comes back, he might be banned again, not necessarily for his judgemental behavior, but because of some of his views on the current Roman Catholic church, the NO, etc.

I had no realistic way of knowing of your incredibly deep dislike of Cam. If I am not mistaken it has been five years since he was banned. I do not even remember who offended me five years ago, much less anybody else. It is nothing personal; old quarrels are simply not my concern.