An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

KnightofChrist
22 hours ago, Era Might said:

Abortion, the new excuse for anything. God bless St. Donald Trump and Blessed Roy Moore.

You don't believe in hell would not that would make everyone a saint? Yes, unless you deny the existence of heaven too.

36 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

You don't believe in hell would not that would make everyone a saint? Yes, unless you deny the existence of heaven too.

No, just makes them human. It's the reason we don't have kings anymore, we don't believe in supermen. Well, we still do, but we like to believe we don't. Trump is our king, our messiah, the one we look to who incarnates our nationalist apocalypse. Like Stalin, Trump will lead us to an eschatological future where America is "Great Again." (I say we meaning America generally). In reality, Trump is a snakeoil businessmen who knows how to tap into religious people's fanatical hopes for a New World and a New Man.

Edited by Era Might

21 minutes ago, Era Might said:

No, just makes them human. It's the reason we don't have kings anymore, we don't believe in supermen. Well, we still do, but we like to believe we don't. Trump is our king, our messiah, the one we look to who incarnates our nationalist apocalypse. Like Stalin, Trump will lead us to an eschatological future where America is "Great Again." (I say we meaning America generally). In reality, Trump is a snakeoil businessmen who knows how to tap into religious people's fanatical hopes for a New World and a New Man.

So you get on the conservatives who act like this about trump. Did you act like this toward most liberals when they acted like this toward obama.  So many liberals acted like Obama was the savior of not only america but the world and would lead us into the greatest time in human history.

If not your just showing your partisan politics .

Edited by havok579257

KnightofChrist
16 minutes ago, Era Might said:

But if there's no hell, Trump and everyone else is a saint. Or at least a saint to be. Saints are persons we know are in heaven. If there's no hell, heaven exist, and no one ceases to exist, Trump is or will be a saint. 

3 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

But if there's no hell, Trump and everyone else is a saint. Or at least a saint to be. Saints are persons we know are in heaven. If there's no hell, heaven exist, and no one ceases to exist, Trump is or will be a saint. 

If you believe in heaven, sure. I have no problem with Trump going to heaven. I just have a problem with him as POTUS. I'd gladly send him on his way and let him enjoy eternity while the rest of us make due with a country that is un-great.

6 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

So you get on the conservatives who act like this about trump. Did you act like this toward most liberals when they acted like this toward obama.  So many liberals acted like Obama was the savior of not only america but the world and would lead us into the greatest time in human history.

If not your just showing your partisan politics .

Yes, progressives are fanatical too. It's not a partisan matter, it's part of modern ideology. We're a society where God is dead but we still have the urge to believe in a New World and New Man. What's made us somewhat successful since WWII is we've settled down and made policy that (tried) to work by consensus, not by ideology. That's changing, not just with Trump but around the world. Trump has restored ideological nationalism, America as an "idea" rather than as a member of the international community. "Make America Great Again" is the American version of Communism, the hope and imposition of an Idea in history. Obama is an interesting case, because I remember how different the national feeling was when he was elected. I read an interesting argument of Trump as the "first white president." Trump is the reaction against the first black president, everything Trump stands for is, essentially, trying to turn back the invasion of these darkies who have taken over the American narrative. Trump wants to get back to before Obama, when America was white and great. 

1 minute ago, KnightofChrist said:

So you don't believe in heaven also?

No. What does that have to do with Trump?

Child of the child

Get over it Havoc. 

Any ways to add to heaven comments. 

That's Jesus's business of who goes to heaven or hell, that's none of our business. We could say this person ain't going to heaven or not but we have no say on that. 

A saint on earth doesn't mean someone that's perfect. Some of our saints in heaven weren't perfect on earth. 

Does Trump sin Ofcourse he does just like everyone else. 

Is Trump going to be a Saint in heaven. I don't know that the Lord's decision. 

Is Trump the best President we had in many years. For me absolutely. 

Im Mexican- American , i voted trump and i stand by my vote. 

Havoc you are amesome. Lets continue on. Amen 

Forgive 7×70

4 minutes ago, Child of the child said:

Is Trump the best President we had in many years. For me absolutely. 

Trump's greatest accomplishments thus far: Twitter wars, giving Kim Jong Un a new nickname, speeding up Evangelical Armageddon by moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem, firing the head of the FBI during an investigation, playing golf, building prototypes of the Great Wall of America, deporting kids who have never been to another country, giving tax breaks to the rich, not releasing his income taxes, a few more Twitter wars, labeling the press the enemy of the people, (reportedly) getting called a moron by the Secretary of State he appointed, the glorious appointment of Scaramucci, and scaring the American people about bad hombres.

12 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Trump's greatest accomplishments thus far: Twitter wars, giving Kim Jong Un a new nickname, speeding up Evangelical Armageddon by moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem, firing the head of the FBI during an investigation, playing golf, building prototypes of the Great Wall of America, deporting kids who have never been to another country, giving tax breaks to the rich, not releasing his income taxes, a few more Twitter wars, labeling the press the enemy of the people, (reportedly) getting called a moron by the Secretary of State he appointed, the glorious appointment of Scaramucci, and scaring the American people about bad hombres.

once again its all about partisan politics.  refusing to see any good the other side has done.  trump has done good. he put Gorsech on the bench which is a huge win for catholics and christians.  if your can't acknowledge that, then your just being hyper partisan and don't really care to listen and have a thoughtful discussion but instead just want to spew talking points.

KnightofChrist
38 minutes ago, Era Might said:

No. What does that have to do with Trump?

You were mocking Christians by calling Trump a Saint. I thought you at least believed in heaven. Anyway if there's no heaven or hell none of this really matters in the end.

4 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

once again its all about partisan politics.  refusing to see any good the other side has done.  trump has done good. he put Gorsech on the bench which is a huge win for catholics and christians.  if your can't acknowledge that, then your just being hyper partisan and don't really care to listen and have a thoughtful discussion but instead just want to spew talking points.

There's lots of good judges out there. If you think Gorsech is a good judge, it's because you have ideological reasons for doing so. I'm sure Gorsech is a find judicial mind, but that's not why judges are appointed. Whether Gorsech is a "huge win for catholics and christians," that's an ideological test. Which is fine, you can support someone for ideological reasons. I don't have any particular ideological reason to support Gorsech, however.

1 minute ago, KnightofChrist said:

You were mocking Christians by calling Trump a Saint. I thought you at least believed in heaven. Anyway if there's no heaven or hell none of this really matters in the end.

Sure it matters. We're here. We don't live in order to matter "in the end." We live to matter here and now. An earthquake doesn't matter in the end, but it sure matters here and now.

6 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

Also, I don't consider Trump "just another president" because he came to power to destroy the Establishment. So I take him at his word. He's not part of the Establishment, so he doesn't get the respect or consideration of a typical president. Can't have it both ways.

Edited by Era Might

Child of the child

I see havoc writes down every move the President does. That's good though. 

Deportation of kids is nothing new. Ask Obama, Bush and Clinton which were the worst of all in deporting. So don't act like its been going on for only 10 months. I could go on that whole list you made and defend the criticism but i don't have that time. 

On the other hand his tweeter wars are amesome and that's interacting with all of us. Remember the dude is a celebrity and just came out of that Apprentice show, he is that same man. He said un the beginning he was talking on this presidency in a new angle. 

That who he is get use to it. He's not your high class man hes a kid trapped in a mans body, lol

2 minutes ago, Child of the child said:

That who he is get use to it. He's not your high class man hes a kid trapped in a mans body, lol

Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has been caught on camera telling a reporter he grabbed women by the crotches because, when you're rich, they let you do whatever you want. I agree he's not high-class. He's not low-class, either. Low-class people have manners. Trump is just no-class. He's a businessman who learned the number one business rule, there's a sucker born every minute.

And you're right, some of what Trump is doing is not new. What's new is just his codification of everything into a nationalist ideology. It's no longer just about policy, but about eschatology. The latest case: moving the US embassy to Jerusalem. There are now Evangelicals all over the Midwest gearing up for Armageddon and the Rapture. Trump is no dummy, he knows who he's playing to. Not just them...he's also playing to a certain foreign policy demographic.

32 minutes ago, Child of the child said:

I see havoc writes down every move the President does. That's good though. 

Deportation of kids is nothing new. Ask Obama, Bush and Clinton which were the worst of all in deporting. So don't act like its been going on for only 10 months. I could go on that whole list you made and defend the criticism but i don't have that time. 

On the other hand his tweeter wars are amesome and that's interacting with all of us. Remember the dude is a celebrity and just came out of that Apprentice show, he is that same man. He said un the beginning he was talking on this presidency in a new angle. 

no one, even if you support the president should say his twitter wars are amesome.  he hurls insults left and right.  he demeans people. he says unchristian and uncharitable things.  i don't know how a catholic could support the things he says towards other on twitter.

27 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has been caught on camera telling a reporter he grabbed women by the crotches because, when you're rich, they let you do whatever you want. I agree he's not high-class. He's not low-class, either. Low-class people have manners. Trump is just no-class. He's a businessman who learned the number one business rule, there's a sucker born every minute.

And you're right, some of what Trump is doing is not new. What's new is just his codification of everything into a nationalist ideology. It's no longer just about policy, but about eschatology. The latest case: moving the US embassy to Jerusalem. There are now Evangelicals all over the Midwest gearing up for Armageddon and the Rapture. Trump is no dummy, he knows who he's playing to. Not just them...he's also playing to a certain foreign policy demographic.

again with the partisan politics.  trump does a lot of stuff wrong.  although moving the US embassy to Jerusalem is not one of them.  he is full filling a promise by America from the 1990's.  This was supposed to happen years ago.  Many democrats voted for this and re-affirmed this just six months ago.  To bash Trump over this shows its all partisan politics with you.  He is full filling an American promise that has been delayed for so long.  A promise made by republicans and democrats way, way, way before Trump even thought about being president.