An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

9 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

You didn't answer my questions. 

Not sure what the question was, but if its whether I think women who have abortions should be criminalized, no, and I think any such society would be a theocratic nightmare like the Puritans tried to establish. I think American Christians are loons, for the most part, and they scare me more than anyone, because like Communists they are out to find a Utopia that never arrives, and are willing to wed their dream to the powers of the state to criminalize sin. Sin is meaningless when it is criminalized.

Just now, Era Might said:

Not sure what the question was, but if its whether I think women who have abortions should be criminalized, no, and I think any such society would be a theocratic nightmare like the Puritans tried to establish. I think American Christians are loons, for the most part, and they scare me more than anyone, because like Communists they are out to find a Utopia that never arrives, and are willing to wed their dream to the powers of the state to criminalize sin. Sin is meaningless when it is criminalized.

so then should murder of children be illegal?  why?  what's the difference since both according to science are alive.  why is it ok to kill a baby one second but then literally 1 minute later its illegal?

Just now, havok579257 said:

so then should murder of children be illegal?  why?  what's the difference since both according to science are alive.  why is it ok to kill a baby one second but then literally 1 minute later its illegal?

I think prison sentences, in general, are stupid and completely arbitrary and medieval. I don't think locking a person up for 20 years or life means anything, except that we still have an archaic system of retribution where we have to appease a man in the sky. And, also, our modern prison system was based on ideas of "reform" which began with the famous Panopticon where the prisons could be watched from all sides, their bodies subject to complete control. That's what jail and prison is about, breaking people down into process and order and beating the life out of them, like the military, so that they take orders and conform to society.

There are violent people in the world, but I don't separate the violence in the street from respectable violence such as the military or economic policy. We live in a world of rulers and ruled, and the goal of the rulers is to keep everything under control. Eff them and all their bullcrap about law and order and justice. What does Trump know about real life, justice, poverty, sin, redemption, violence. Nothing, but he holds the money and the power, so we look up to him as our Dear Father. Eff him and eff this whole country and system. Sorry, but I feel like speaking plain today, it's Friday.

I think prison sentences, in general, are stupid and completely arbitrary and medieval. I don't think locking a person up for 20 years or life means anything, except that we still have an archaic system of retribution where we have to appease a man in the sky. And, also, our modern prison system was based on ideas of "reform" which began with the famous Panopticon where the prisons could be watched from all sides, their bodies subject to complete control. That's what jail and prison is about, breaking people down into process and order and beating the life out of them, like the military, so that they take orders and conform to society.

There are violent people in the world, but I don't separate the violence in the street from respectable violence such as the military or economic policy. We live in a world of rulers and ruled, and the goal of the rulers is to keep everything under control. Eff them and all their bullcrap about law and order and justice. What does Trump know about real life, justice, poverty, sin, redemption, violence. Nothing, but he holds the money and the power, so we look up to him as our Dear Father. Eff him and eff this whole country and system. Sorry, but I feel like speaking plain today, it's Friday.

didn't answer any of my questions.

1 minute ago, havok579257 said:

didn't answer any of my questions.

Why are you obsessed with what is legal and illegal? Maybe child murder SHOULDN'T be illegal. I guarantee you that no woman kills her child because it is legal or illegal. That has absolutely no bearing on her mental problems, situation or whatever drove her to kill her children. But, it makes the state feel good and keeps it in power. You're asking what should be legal or illegal. I prefer what Christ said: Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Anything more is of the evil one.

Why are you obsessed with what is legal and illegal? Maybe child murder SHOULDN'T be illegal. I guarantee you that no woman kills her child because it is legal or illegal. That has absolutely no bearing on her mental problems, situation or whatever drove her to kill her children. But, it makes the state feel good and keeps it in power. You're asking what should be legal or illegal. I prefer what Christ said: Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Anything more is of the evil one.

well you still haven't said yes or no.  should it be illegal to murder children?  should a parent be allowed to murder a child without any repercussions? 

well you still haven't said yes or no.  should it be illegal to murder children?  should a parent be allowed to murder a child without any repercussions? 

Without repercussions? No. That doesn't necessarily mean criminalizing it.

Without repercussions? No. That doesn't necessarily mean criminalizing it.

so it shouldn't be illegal to murder a child? how about anyone?

so it shouldn't be illegal to murder a child? how about anyone?

When the state lays down its arms, I'll think about whether it has a right to criminalize the people.

When the state lays down its arms, I'll think about whether it has a right to criminalize the people.

let anarchy rule i guess. let the strong survive. let the weakest be exterminated. absolutely sounds better than what we have now.

let anarchy rule i guess. let the strong survive. let the weakest be exterminated. absolutely sounds better than what we have now.

That's what we have now. The strong survive. The weak are criminalized, locked up, demonized as bloodsucker on the state's money, set against their neighbors and sent to fight in wars for old rich white men. Anarchy would be a nice improvement, at least we'd be free to determine our own fate.

2 minutes ago, Era Might said:

That's what we have now. The strong survive. The weak are criminalized, locked up, demonized as bloodsucker on the state's money, set against their neighbors and sent to fight in wars for old rich white men. Anarchy would be a nice improvement, at least we'd be free to determine our own fate.

ah, back to the old racist talking points.  its all the white man's fault.

also last i checked our government does not look up the mental or physically disabled, the children and babies and the elderly who can not care for themselves.  those are the weakest in our society.  oh, i guess that doesn't fit into your narrative.  i guess you really don't have a point about the weakest of us being locked up.

Edited by havok579257

2 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

ah, back to the old racist talking points.  its all the white man's fault.

also last i checked our government does not look up the mental or physically disabled, the children and babies and the elderly who can not care for themselves.  those are the weakest in our society.  oh, i guess that doesn't fit into your narrative.  i guess you really don't have a point about the weakest of us being locked up.

Sorry, there were 44 white men responsible for sending the young to war. The other one was black.

The only way this thread could get any better is if it erupted into a gif war!

Edited by Era Might

1 minute ago, Era Might said:

Sorry, there were 44 white men responsible for sending the young to war. The other one was black.

which war?  WWI,WWII,Desert Storm, Iraq War, the war on terror, Syria, etc.  which war are you talking about? Or has it only been 44 white men in human history who have sent people to war?  congress doesn't count since you need their approval?  does bringing that up mess up your talking points?

which war?  WWI,WWII,Desert Storm, Iraq War, the war on terror, Syria, etc.  which war are you talking about? Or has it only been 44 white men in human history who have sent people to war?  congress doesn't count since you need their approval?  does bringing that up mess up your talking points?

There've been a few blacks in Congress. You can lump them in too, if it makes you feel better. I'm all for diversity when it comes to blame.