An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

Child of the child

Low class have more respect? Yeah that's true. But your mad because of that locker room talk he calls it? I'm not, its disrespectful but don't try to act like you never said anything foul about a girl. Oh wait are you going to say he's a celebrity and shouldn't talk like that. 

I see you have lots of negativity, trump referred to these sensitive peolpe as " college snowflakes". 

You must be stronger and dont worry about the minor did and press fwd as St. Paul said in the bible. 

4 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

again with the partisan politics.  trump does a lot of stuff wrong.  although moving the US embassy to Jerusalem is not one of them.  he is full filling a promise by America from the 1990's.  This was supposed to happen years ago.  Many democrats voted for this and re-affirmed this just six months ago.  To bash Trump over this shows its all partisan politics with you.  He is full filling an American promise that has been delayed for so long.  A promise made by republicans and democrats way, way, way before Trump even thought about being president.

It's not partisan politics at all with me. But yes, I look at Trump through the lens of how I see him overall, not how I see his partisan politics, but through his nationalist ideology. What interests me about Trump is not his party. In fact, one of the things about Trump is that he has no party. He's not a Republican. He came to power much as a populist. Like all populists he believes he is above parties, that he has a direct and mystical connection with the people. When Trump says "Make America Great Again" he's referring to an Idea of America. The Communists did the same thing with the Proletariat. For Marxists, the Proletariat was an Idea, not a collection of sociological people. Trump has re-introduced ideology into the international order. Heck, even China abandoned ideology after Mao, and now China has become a world superpower, because it focused on policy and the new global order after WWII. Trumpism is not about the Republican party. The Republican party is just the base he stepped on to seize power. He doesn't care about building a party, he's an opportunist who found his opportunity. The presidency is his new TV show. Once he's done, he'll go back to supermodels and real estate. Trump is screwing the GOP more than anyone, because the GOP is going to have to pick up the pieces and actually build a party. Trump doesn't care about a party, he cares about himself.

Child of the child

I grew up in East los Angeles , have you seen Megans Law? 

You say low class people have manners and respectful, check the Megans law in All of los Angeles, its ridiculous

Yes get use to the fact that he will be on Twitter, i dont mess with Twitter but you could see trump is a humble person. People say he shouldn't respond and lower himself to people like Lavar Ball but remember he is humble. 

Trump is no class? Lol , i could agree with that, now that's funny

Remember in the  book of 1st Peter, he writes that even though they were slaves that the slaves must live as a Christian. Also in Romans Paul writes to respect Your government officials. That's why as a Catholic i do. I live Gods will, i pray for our President and i pray he tones down his attitude and becomes a people person. We need to beat him with love, remember God appointed him, is trump perfect? Well duh Ofcourse not but he's very very intelligent in this field. 

When obama came in he had to work himself up right. With trump he is already in the game for years and has a beautiful strategy

Remember in the  book of 1st Peter, he writes that even though they were slaves that the slaves must live as a Christian. Also in Romans Paul writes to respect Your government officials. That's why as a Catholic i do. I live Gods will, i pray for our President and i pray he tones down his attitude and becomes a people person. We need to beat him with love, remember God appointed him, is trump perfect? Well duh Ofcourse not but he's very very intelligent in this field. 

When obama came in he had to work himself up right. With trump he is already in the game for years and has a beautiful strategy

1 hour ago, Era Might said:

There's lots of good judges out there. If you think Gorsech is a good judge, it's because you have ideological reasons for doing so. I'm sure Gorsech is a find judicial mind, but that's not why judges are appointed. Whether Gorsech is a "huge win for catholics and christians," that's an ideological test. Which is fine, you can support someone for ideological reasons. I don't have any particular ideological reason to support Gorsech, however.

Gorsech is a good judge because he believes in civil rights for all unlike the liberal judges on the supreme court.  they believe in civil rights for some.  they say that not every person in granted rights in this country.  if your 1 second away from being born, in their eyes you don't deserve any rights.  that is a travesty and all american's should be outraged by their way of thinking.  civil rights for all, not some.  so in that vein, Trump did good to appoint someone who does not seem to believe in selective civil rights.

7 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

Gorsech is a good judge because he believes in civil rights for all unlike the liberal judges on the supreme court.  they believe in civil rights for some.  they say that not every person in granted rights in this country.  if your 1 second away from being born, in their eyes you don't deserve any rights.  that is a travesty and all american's should be outraged by their way of thinking.  civil rights for all, not some.  so in that vein, Trump did good to appoint someone who does not seem to believe in selective civil rights.

Life is not a civil right, it's a human right. Civil rights are rights for citizens. That's why conservatives don't want so-called "anchor babies" to be afforded citizenship.

It's useful that conservatives want to protect all the babies. Control the babies, control the women, control the people. This country has a long history of bodily control. I don't believe in abortion, but not because I think a womb is a prison to liberate people, but because the womb is a source of hope, and it's unfortunate that we have given people such a shiitake mushroom world that they have to kill their hope. I'm sure Trump's tax cuts for the rich will saves some babies.

Edited by Era Might

5 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Life is not a civil right, it's a human right. Civil rights are rights for citizens. That's why conservatives don't want so-called "anchor babies" to be afforded citizenship.

It's useful that conservatives want to protect all the babies. Control the babies, control the women, control the people. This country has a long history of bodily control. I don't believe in abortion, but not because I think a womb is a prison to liberate people, but because the womb is a source of hope, and it's unfortunate that we have given people such a shiitake mushroom world that they have to kill their hope. I'm sure Trump's tax cuts for the rich will saves some babies.

people kill babies because its convenient or just because they feel like it.  just go on youtube and see videos of women celebrating their abortions and saying they are so happy they did this and it was wonderful.  

control babies and women?  how do conservatives want to control babies? also they want to control women because they don't want them to murder innocent babies?  that's a new one.  

of course liberals are altruistic.  i mean they only want to jail people for saying hurtful things or even accidently saying the wrong surname or just thinking the wrong thing.  i guess we should look to them for our moral compass.  cause supporting evils and evil men and women is ok no matter what they do just as long as they are a liberal.

Just now, havok579257 said:

people kill babies because its convenient or just because they feel like it.  just go on youtube and see videos of women celebrating their abortions and saying they are so happy they did this and it was wonderful.  

control babies and women?  how do conservatives want to control babies? also they want to control women because they don't want them to murder innocent babies?  that's a new one.  

of course liberals are altruistic.  i mean they only want to jail people for saying hurtful things or even accidently saying the wrong surname or just thinking the wrong thing.  i guess we should look to them for our moral compass.  cause supporting evils and evil men and women is ok no matter what they do just as long as they are a liberal.

Well, yes, the only way to stop abortion is to control the woman's body. I'm not sure what an abortion-less world would look like, I'm guessing something like when prisoners go on hunger strikes and they stick a tube down their throats to keep them alive. The womb is an idol for the right, in a very literal sense. It's a secret place where they can fight for a cause that has no actual solution. What they really hate is that they live in a world where, you know, people actually have sex and messy consequences. They can't convince people to stop having sex, so they get more radical: if people won't stop having sex (and they don't want them using contraceptives), then the only solution is to criminalize the people and use their womb as the excuse. We do the same thing in foreign policy, find a reason to invade, because we're the leaders of the free world, and if people don't want us to invade, well, there must be something wrong with them, because we're such good people, we're only out to help. Americans have their heads so far up their asses it's not even funny, they really believe the stuff they say.

Let me put it this way (sorry if I'm being snarky, a lot of these topics annoy me but don't mean to be a jerk). What does your abortion-less world look like. Let's imagine, by some act of Divine Providence, Donald Trump achieves an abortion-less world tomorrow. What does that look like?

32 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Well, yes, the only way to stop abortion is to control the woman's body. I'm not sure what an abortion-less world would look like, I'm guessing something like when prisoners go on hunger strikes and they stick a tube down their throats to keep them alive. The womb is an idol for the right, in a very literal sense. It's a secret place where they can fight for a cause that has no actual solution. What they really hate is that they live in a world where, you know, people actually have sex and messy consequences. They can't convince people to stop having sex, so they get more radical: if people won't stop having sex (and they don't want them using contraceptives), then the only solution is to criminalize the people and use their womb as the excuse. We do the same thing in foreign policy, find a reason to invade, because we're the leaders of the free world, and if people don't want us to invade, well, there must be something wrong with them, because we're such good people, we're only out to help. Americans have their heads so far up their asses it's not even funny, they really believe the stuff they say.

well by your logic the government wants to control everyone's bodies because it wants to stop non government approved murders.  

having sex does not give someone the right to murder.  murder is not a messy consequence of sex.  i'm guessing you were against rampant murder of blacks when before slavery was abolished.  by your logic, people just didn't want to deal with the messy consequences of importing a race of people for their own purposes.

so are you saying in your mind abortions should not be illegal?  should a mother be allowed to murder her child?  do you believe God supports abortion in any form?  i'm honestly asking because i get conflicting points from you.

6 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Let me put it this way (sorry if I'm being snarky, a lot of these topics annoy me but don't mean to be a jerk). What does your abortion-less world look like. Let's imagine, by some act of Divine Providence, Donald Trump achieves an abortion-less world tomorrow. What does that look like?

it looks like a world that does not murder the most innocent and defenseless.  it looks like a world that can move toward reducing murders world wide.  it looks a world where we don't make excuses why murder is justified.  not killing but murder.  murder is never justified.  right now because of our ability to easily accept the murder of innocent babies we are moving toward a dark direction.  right now their is a movement in this world toward murder of the elderly.  in years past it would have been extremely taboo to talk about murdering old people when their usefulness to society is done.  when they need to be cared for and become a so called burden on the so called enlightened of our society.  more than just a fringe element is pushing for this.  i can easily see if we continue down on this path in less than a hundred years we will have laws saying once you have dementia or Alzheimer and can't care for yourself the government is aloud to step in an end your life.  of course they will dress it up as death with dignity but the result will be murdering old people when their usefulness is done. i don't know about you, but i am not wanting to move toward that society.

1 minute ago, havok579257 said:

it looks like a world that does not murder the most innocent and defenseless.  it looks like a world that can move toward reducing murders world wide.  it looks a world where we don't make excuses why murder is justified.  not killing but murder.  murder is never justified.  right now because of our ability to easily accept the murder of innocent babies we are moving toward a dark direction.  right now their is a movement in this world toward murder of the elderly.  in years past it would have been extremely taboo to talk about murdering old people when their usefulness to society is done.  when they need to be cared for and become a so called burden on the so called enlightened of our society.  more than just a fringe element is pushing for this.  i can easily see if we continue down on this path in less than a hundred years we will have laws saying once you have dementia or Alzheimer and can't care for yourself the government is aloud to step in an end your life.  of course they will dress it up as death with dignity but the result will be murdering old people when their usefulness is done. i don't know about you, but i am not wanting to move toward that society.

None of that is an actual society. You could say all of that about gang violence. We want a world where people live in harmony, blah blah blah. But, in the real world, you have to actually have a society. In Latin America, the Right wants to basically exterminate the gangs. Tough on crime, law and order. They send out death squads, the more extreme of them, but even the mainstream basically want to legislate the problem away. Then you have, in Los Angeles, Fr. Greg Boyle and Homeboy Industries, who has actually created a community and a kinship around ex-gang members, but that's just a small island in a sea of violence.

Gorsech isn't going to create a world where we sing Kumbaya. He's going to make legislation that has to be enforced in the real world. Pro-lifers say they want a world without abortion, but that world doesn't exist except as a utopia, like Communism. The only way you're going to have a world without abortion is 1) To convince people not to have abortions, which I think would be great, but nobody in the world has ever achieved that. 2) Criminalize womens' bodies and turn the womb into a zone that can be protected by force and legal control of their bodies.

If you have another way, I'd like to hear it, but I think the pro-life movement is just a lot of ideology that uses abortion as an excuse to advance a certain worldview about sex, authority, and a lot of other stuff. Abortion, like Communism, is a perfect ideology, because it's something that never has to actually be realized. As long as you have wombs in the world, you have a front for your cause. As long as you have wombs, you have a way to convince people to vote for you without ever actually achieving the world they imagine in their minds...because it's an imaginary world. The abolition of slavery had a clear end result: slaves would be free. The abolition of abortion has no such end result, except to criminalize women and forcibly take control of their wombs.

Child of the child

Deep stuff your on. 

To live Holy lives is possible through Christ. Heading sex without marriage is a big problem in our world. That's hard to do. There are so many angles to look at it and no matter what you say the other will look at another source. 

The whole point of this on the topic is yes i defend trump, and we all should as US citizens. Yes i know your going to throw things and make a case of other comments. But when it comes down to it we need to support him and not be Snowflakes

21 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

well by your logic the government wants to control everyone's bodies because it wants to stop non government approved murders.  

Yes! This is an important point. The modern world is all about control. It's part of how the nation-state operates. Murder wasn't always dealt with in mass incarcerations. People used to pay a blood-feud price to the victim's family, to end the feud over a murder. But, the world is much bigger today, and our techniques of control have had to get much more sophisticated. We have many techniques for control. Some can be helpful, like how we control dissent and disagreement through a formal political process. But then we have other forms of control, like armies, prisons, schools, etc. The modern world is a well-oiled machine and the whole idea of being a citizen is to submit yourself to the control of a citizen. It's why we saluted the flag as kids, we were being trained to be controlled.

Child of the child

Abortion less will save souls, we don't want parents in mortal sin. 

I could go on , but Jesus says thou shall not kill

Assisted suicide is getting larger too. 

54 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

so are you saying in your mind abortions should not be illegal?  should a mother be allowed to murder her child?  do you believe God supports abortion in any form?  i'm honestly asking because i get conflicting points from you.

The point of making something illegal is to do something about it. So, let's suppose abortion were declared illegal tomorrow. What would you expect Trump to do about women who have abortions? Put them in prison?

Child of the child

Has Trump talk about stopping abortions lately or doing anything about abortions? 

Im just asking not debating.