An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN

aloha918

I EWTN a good thing?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='aloha918' date='Dec 2 2004, 11:53 AM'] I ahve heard many times from a few of my friends that EWTN turns them away from the faith...............what are your thoughts. [/quote]
in what ways do they turn them away from their faith? how?

if it's because EWTN actually teaches what the Church teaches, then it is better for your friends to recognize the Church for what it really is (instead of the fake Church so many Americans & "Catholics" see) even if they are turned away.

but if they just don't like some of the shows because they can get boring, sometimes i agree... and the Bob and Penny Lord stuff where they discuss miracles and stuff: it's not bad i just can't get into it really.. it's kind of boring the way they do it (IMHO)

anyway, the faith taught on EWTN is prolly the most orthodox you can find around, EWTN is = in orthodoxy to PhatMass I would say

Please know that EWTN, and the Journey Home show are two reasons why I am considering the Catholic Church. Add to that some great books by converts to the Church by Hahn, Bennett and Currie. And I might be weird, but I love "Super Saints." The discussion of the miraculous in the Church is very inspirational.

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Dec 2 2004, 01:01 PM'] if it's because EWTN actually teaches what the Church teaches, then it is better for your friends to recognize the Church for what it really is (instead of the fake Church so many Americans & "Catholics" see) even if they are turned away.

but if they just don't like some of the shows because they can get boring, sometimes i agree... and the Bob and Penny Lord stuff where they discuss miracles and stuff: it's not bad i just can't get into it really.. it's kind of boring the way they do it (IMHO)

anyway, the faith taught on EWTN is prolly the most orthodox you can find around, EWTN is = in orthodoxy to PhatMass I would say [/quote]
Couldn't agree with you more.

There are Catholics that are afraid of orthodoxy.

it think they dont like it because it is boring...not becasue of what the church teaches..........

they find it not to be interesting

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Dec 2 2004, 01:01 PM'] ... and the Bob and Penny Lord stuff where they discuss miracles and stuff: it's not bad i just can't get into it really.. it's kind of boring the way they do it (IMHO)
[/quote]
i agree...i can only watch their stuff if i'm in the right mood...

[quote]EWTN needs a weekly youth program produced by phatmass. [/quote]

AMEN

EWTN saved my life. EWTN to brought me to the Eternal Word. word up. It was a catalyst in my 2nd conversion. I learned much of what i know from EWTN cause frankly i wasnt hearin it from the pulpit. Scripture came alive for me, apologetics, seein the Holy Father in the Holy Land, learning about the Eucharist---man im a cradle Catholic and i didnt even know what Transubstantation or Purgatory was until i really watched EWTN! I will be eternally grateful to Mother Angelica. thats why im always postin them heads up messages--watch this show at 8, etc...

yeah EWTN!