An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN

aloha918

I EWTN a good thing?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

as many have said-

how does a tv station turn them away from the faith?

the Catholic church isnt about the programing on ewtn- if you think its boring- dont watch it- but i really dont see how it could turn someone away from the faith

inthelight009

I want EWTN...
I had it for awhile then my parents reduce our digital cable...
One of the Preist did a talk at a conferience I went to.. He was super cool.

Guest heavenstills

EWTN is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo behind the times. the information is SO on... like their teaching is perfect... but if i was a person looking for a religion BURNING with the fire of the Spirit.... EWTN doesn't show that side of the catholic church that i think we need to show the world.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i think its good but sometimes its annoying.

[quote]Father Corapi IS the man!! smile.gif[/quote]

his stories are really good!

he told a story about this priest he knew who was in a crack house passed out and he had to go get him it was great.

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Myles Domini

How could anyone possibly vote no? EWTN is hardcore and Fr John Corapi is an all american hero. I can almost see him in his cassock clutching the American flag. I'm British and I'm telling you I may even be tempted to seek American citizenship if I could see that.

Myles Domini

No and the number is unfortunately decreasing (rapidly) once again we're a dying breed and this time Elizabeth II isnt having to take the same actions as her namesake to bring about our gradual eradication.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jan 3 2005, 10:53 PM']EWTN does have some major issues.

I like Mother Angelica, but she is too cynical and she has went against the Bishops in the past. She basically called our Pope a liar in regards to the third secret of Fatima.

These are unacceptable, but for the most part, it's better than anything else out there.

God Bless,
ironmonk
[right][snapback]475730[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey IM,
I'm also skeptical of the interpretation of the third secret. Do you, (or anyone), remember specifically what she said regarding the third secret.
Thanks in advance,
-Jeff

little_angel202

EWTN might be filming my summer school in England! we had the a producer to visit during the week and hes interested to film the talks and lesson we have if he get aproval and the fundings! :cool: :cool:

God bless

Edited by little_angel202

[quote name='little_angel202' date='Sep 7 2005, 01:54 PM']EWTN might be filming my summer school in England! we had the a producer to visit during the week and hes interested to film the talks and lesson we have if he get aproval and the fundings!  :cool:  :cool:

God bless
[right][snapback]714527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cool, What are they filming?

Edited by White Knight

• 2 weeks later...

I wish my cable system had EWTN! When I've lived in areas that had it, I always enjoyed it.

To those who said that EWTN has shortcomings or can be annoying, I'd like to ask, how do you mean? Just curious.

Sometimes, (sometimes); not all the type, they dont post enough scripture references, thats my only complaint. But I also love how they use outside material to prove Sacred Scripture to be correct and aboslutely 100% fact.