An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN

aloha918

I EWTN a good thing?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Dec 3 2004, 01:17 PM'] I really have no resources to watch it very often. But what i've heard is very positive.

God bless,

-Joe [/quote]
Go to EWTN.com and watch it online.

[quote name='aloha918' date='Dec 2 2004, 11:53 AM'] I ahve heard many times from a few of my friends that EWTN turns them away from the faith...............what are your thoughts. [/quote]
lol, I'm sorry but I couldn't read past the first post before responding.

Hard pews have turned me away from the faith before :lol: but that was my problem because I was just really looking for an excuse not to go to Mass.

[QUOTE]EWTN needs a weekly youth program produced by phatmass.[QUOTE]
That would be so awesome! Call up Mother Angelica and talk it over!

[quote name='Archangel' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:00 PM'] EWTN is good. I'd rather watch it than a Protestant channel. [/quote]
Your loss - unless the channel in question was the Trash and Blasphemy Network (TBN), in which case I'd recommend EWTN over it.

[quote name='ICTHUS' date='Dec 8 2004, 02:52 PM']Your loss - unless the channel in question was the Trash and Blasphemy Network (TBN), in which case I'd recommend EWTN over it.[/quote]
Thank you for your opinion, but I'm not losing out on anything worth my while. ;)

[quote]ICTHUS Posted on Dec 8 2004, 04:03 PM
  No, EWTN is bad because it spreads damnable falsehoods.[/quote]

I didn't know you watched EWTN.

And for your own well-being, don't let Mother Angelica hear you talking like that.

I love EWTN! I could sit and watch the Mother Angelica and the nuns from Our Lady of the Angels Monastery pray the rosary for hours! I love the shows on Saint Therese of Lisieux and the vocation programs. It's just all around wonderful!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='dUSt' date='Dec 2 2004, 01:30 PM'] EWTN needs a weekly youth program produced by phatmass. [/quote]
:D Agreed. ;)

lifeteenchick527

i love EWTN!!! it has so many good shows like LIFE ON THE ROCK and stuff like that! its brought me closer to my faith i thihnk, it also has a good website to look up catholic things and stuff

God Bless
LTC :cool:

EWTN's awesome! I'd know very little about what the Church truly teaches had I not started watching it a few years back. True, some shows can be boring, but I like a lot of them. Personally, I think Fr. Corapi's show on the Catechism is kind of boring. My favorites: [i]Light of the East[/i], [i]Defending Life[/i], [i]Life on the Rock[/i], [i]The Journey Home[/i], [i]Mother Angelica Live[/i], [i]EWTN Live[/i], [i]Threshold of Hope[/i], and just about all the apologetics shows.

God bless,

Jen

[quote name='ICTHUS' date='Dec 8 2004, 06:03 PM'] No, EWTN is bad because it spreads damnable falsehoods. [/quote]
Oh, phooey!

God bless,

Jen

[quote name='dUSt' date='Dec 2 2004, 02:30 PM'] EWTN needs a weekly youth program produced by phatmass. [/quote]
You should pitch that idea to them, dUSt. Seriously!

God bless,

Jen