An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN

aloha918

I EWTN a good thing?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At the risk of de-railing the thread, it appears that my EWTN network shares it's time with INSP.....and appears to be a bit liberal :blink: :blink:

Ok...it's worse than liberal, it's protestant.

Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='AaronDavid' date='Dec 12 2004, 12:00 PM'] At the risk of de-railing the thread, it appears that my EWTN network shares it's time with INSP.....and appears to be a bit liberal :blink: :blink:

Anyone else have this problem? [/quote]
dude! you've only made 11 posts, but i think i've either agreed with you or laughed at every one!

Peace,
Joe :)

All For the Glory of God!

There is much truth that EWTN brings to our spiritually impoverished world. My favorite program is "Life is Worth Living" - Fulton J. Sheen's show. Also, there have been some "The World Over" shows that have been really interesting. There's something for just about anyone, from the *ahem* slower paced programs to "Angel Force" for the kids to "The Journey Home" to the daily Mass to "Life on the Rock" to several others. I don't watch TV and consequently EWTN very often, but it's a great option to have when I do turn on the tube.

A Phatmass sponsored/produced show would be dope on EWTN,

with your host Sammy Blaze of course :rolling:

Used to have EWTN on the dish, but for the time being I only have basic cable = no EWTN = <_<

well I do pick up TBN....lol, I check out Benny Hinn every now and then :rolling: j/k

AMDG
~S.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='bookin'it' date='Dec 16 2004, 05:33 PM'] All For the Glory of God!

There is much truth that EWTN brings to our spiritually impoverished world. My favorite program is "Life is Worth Living" - Fulton J. Sheen's show. Also, there have been some "The World Over" shows that have been really interesting. There's something for just about anyone, from the *ahem* slower paced programs to "Angel Force" for the kids to "The Journey Home" to the daily Mass to "Life on the Rock" to several others. I don't watch TV and consequently EWTN very often, but it's a great option to have when I do turn on the tube. [/quote]
Try to catch Father Corapi on the catechism or Father Groeschel on the subject of hope.

conservativecatholic

EWTN is great! It serves as a haven for traditional Catholics, as well as a station to evangelize non-Catholcs. The Daily Mass is fabulous! Chanting, Latin, and the vernacular are all used to form the true mass that Vatican II intended. Beacue EWTN is stationed outside a monastery, falliblity is a rarity and almost never prevalent. I love EWTN! :)

I enjoy EWTN, but I can only watch it when I'm at school, because the cable company here in California doesn't offer it.

[quote name='AaronDavid' date='Dec 12 2004, 12:00 PM'] At the risk of de-railing the thread, it appears that my EWTN network shares it's time with INSP.....and appears to be a bit liberal :blink: :blink:

Anyone else have this problem? [/quote]
I do not think that this EWTN's fault, but most likely the fault of your cable company being cheap and misunderstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

I think EWTN is a great thing, and that there need to be more Catholics involved in mass media (both in Catholic ventures like EWTN and in other Christian and/or non-religious settings), though EWTN still needs a lot of improvement (e.g. in production value).

[quote name='cathqat' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:43 PM'] I think EWTN is a great thing, and that there need to be more Catholics involved in mass media (both in Catholic ventures like EWTN and in other Christian and/or non-religious settings), though EWTN still needs a lot of improvement (e.g. in production value). [/quote]
I agree.

[quote name='aloha918' date='Dec 2 2004, 01:53 PM'] I ahve heard many times from a few of my friends that EWTN turns them away from the faith...............what are your thoughts. [/quote]
EWTN does have some major issues.

I like Mother Angelica, but she is too cynical and she has went against the Bishops in the past. She basically called our Pope a liar in regards to the third secret of Fatima.

These are unacceptable, but for the most part, it's better than anything else out there.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

IF everyone wants to make EWTN better.....pray, donate, email suggestions
I love EWTN....sure there is some boring stuff now and then, but have you checked out TBN> Be greatful for EWTN..........."Pray Globally, Act Locally"
"The frontline is everywhere"

• 7 months later...