An Old School Catholic Message Board

...Why is it that...

Chris Zewe

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Jan 2 2005, 05:09 PM'] Under his system, men who propogate the bombing of abortion clinics [i]and die[/i] (my edit) are martyrs. I guess my presentation of his argument was just fine. [/quote]
Yes, you did. Just because you view a cause as morally wrong doesn't mean it can't have martyrs.

[i]Well, at least I'm glad we're avoiding ridiculously overblown stereotypes. [/i]

I was fighting an overblown stereotype with another. I think. Too busy to check.

[i]Theoketos and I went to pray in front of it just the other day. There were about six of us praying the rosary on the public sidewalk in front. Meanwhile, inside, children were being murdered in the safest place on earth: the womb.[/i]

A few things...first off, I don't care about unborn kids. They can't think rationally, I can't see them without the help of technology, and if their parents are even considering abortion, the kid is going to have a less-than-satisfactory life. Second (irrelevant for the most part, mind you), whenever Wiccans (druids, Asatrus, etc. included) do anything like that in public, they're spit upon, threatened, mocked, laughed at excessively, and the like. Why doesn't that happen to people like you? And why did you feel the need to do it there?

[i]I'm amazed that nobody has brought up the fact that this person has a very protestant, literal, and non-scriptural view of Hell as an actual physical place where actual physical burning occurs. Hell is simply a separation from God. And you really can't blame Christians for being cruel or the religion for being elitist if that is the reality of hell. That would be like saying "I hate Christianity because separating myself from God leads to eternal separation from God." Oh yeah, that makes good sense. [/i]

I don't really care how you view your imaginary pit of fire. I'm seperated from your deity as is, so am I living in hell? If so, what happens when I die and don't go to heaven? Do I get the eternal rest I want?

spathariossa

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:10 PM'] We're just used to him...he comes back every once and a while... [/quote]
Oh...well I added a bunch more to my post. He can read it when he wanders back in after his wiccan spellcrafting.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:10 PM'] We're just used to him...he comes back every once and a while... [/quote]
I do not.

[quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:15 PM'] Oh...well I added a bunch more to my post.  He can read it when he wanders back in after his wiccan spellcrafting. [/quote]
[color=red]edited for rudeness[/color]

Edited by cmotherofpirl

spathariossa

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:18 PM'] Wow, that was witty! I'll be sure to respond to your additions after you go confess your sins to a child molester. [/quote]
Oh wow! Did you find a completely un-educated remark concerning your religion to be irritating? I guess I figured you wouldn't mind since you seem to enjoy doing it to others so much.

[quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:19 PM'] Oh wow! Did you find a completely un-educated remark concerning your religion to be irritating? I guess I figured you wouldn't mind since you seem to enjoy doing it to others so much. [/quote]
Mine aren't senseless generalizations, however. Maybe you should go watch [u]The Craft[/u] or [u]Harry Potter[/u] so you can spew more idiocy.

[quote name='rachael' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:21 PM'] :rolleyes:

this needs to go to the debate table.... :unsure: [/quote]
You revived the microwave topic...fiend.

spathariossa

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:21 PM'] Mine aren't senseless generalizations, however. Maybe you should go watch [u]The Craft[/u] or [u]Harry Potter[/u] so you can spew more idiocy. [/quote]
Let's see:

Priests are child molesters
If you don't believe what I believe you burn in hell
Conversions are coerced
Catholics go around imposing their beliefs on others
Christians bomb abortion clinics

Nope. Don't see any senseless generalizations in there.

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:23 PM'] You revived the microwave topic...fiend. [/quote]
yea, so? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:18 PM'] Wow, that was witty! I'll be sure to respond to your additions after you go confess your sins to a child molester. [/quote]
BAN

[quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:23 PM'] Let's see:

1) Priests are child molesters
2) If you don't believe what I believe you burn in hell
3) Conversions are coerced
4) Catholics go around imposing their beliefs on others
5) Christians bomb abortion clinics

Nope. Don't see any senseless generalizations in there. [/quote]
1) Some do. I've yet to see a report of a Wiccan high priestess or a rabbi molesting an eight-year-old boy. Keep in mind that this was a counter to an equally idiotic remark.
2) It's true -- that is the basis of Christianity and Judaism. Islam too, for all I know.
3) Missionaries coerce them.
4) They do.
5) Some do. This was also a counter.

Senseless differs from applying to a miniscule minority.

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:25 PM'] BAN [/quote]
It would make me [i]so[/i] very sad to be banned from a message board comprised primarily of idiots with intellects comparable to that of a lead paperweight.

that was completely uncalled for.