An Old School Catholic Message Board

...Why is it that...

Chris Zewe

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:26 PM'] It would make me [i]so[/i] very sad to be banned from a message board comprised primarily of idiots with intellects comparable to that of a lead paperweight. [/quote]
so was that :angry:

[quote name='rachael' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:27 PM'] that was completely uncalled for. [/quote]
Perhaps you should do some research on Wicca and then edit that post. I, for one, feel that the best way to respond to an idiot is to stoop down to their level. They usually [i]don't[/i] beat you with experience.

spathariossa

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:25 PM'] 1) Some do. I've yet to see a report of a Wiccan high priestess or a rabbi molesting an eight-year-old boy. Keep in mind that this was a counter to an equally idiotic remark.
2) It's true -- that is the basis of Christianity and Judaism. Islam too, for all I know.
3) Missionaries coerce them.
4) They do.
5) Some do. This was also a counter.

Senseless differs from applying to a miniscule minority. [/quote]
No it really doesn't. The Jews don't believe in Hell. Islam believes in Hell but they feel that the vast majority of people, even non-islamics will be saved in the end. In fact Catholicism doesn't hold that you will go to hell if you don't believe in Jesus. So yeah, that one was totally nonsensical.

Missionaries don't coerce conversions, I've already explained that such a thing has been against church policy for the better part of 1500 years.

So are you telling me Wiccans don't craft spells? Is that senseless or only applying to a miniscule minority?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 07:15 PM'] [i]Well, at least I'm glad we're avoiding ridiculously overblown stereotypes. [/i]

I was fighting an overblown stereotype with another. I think. Too busy to check. [/quote]
That's not what I saw.

[quote][i]Theoketos and I went to pray in front of it just the other day. There were about six of us praying the rosary on the public sidewalk in front. Meanwhile, inside, children were being murdered in the safest place on earth: the womb.[/i]

A few things...first off, I don't care about unborn kids.  They can't think rationally, I can't see them without the help of technology, and if their parents are even considering abortion, the kid is going to have a less-than-satisfactory life.  Second (irrelevant for the most part, mind you), whenever Wiccans (druids, Asatrus, etc. included) do anything like that in public, they're spit upon, threatened, mocked, laughed at excessively, and the like.  Why doesn't that happen to people like you?  And why did you feel the need to do it there?[/quote]

So shall we kill the elderly, the mentally handicapped, and all those before the age of reason? Shall we kill those we know to be in another room but can't see because of walls? We can hear them, perhaps, but we can feel a baby kick...seems comparable to me.

As for the "considering abortion"...most abortions come from middle-class society. ;)

First of all, I know a couple wiccans...they weren't mistreated. Second, we Christians are terribly mistreated very often.

To answer your questions:

1. It does happen to people like me. I was a seminarian for the Catholic Church. You have no idea the insults, distrust, anger, and slurs you hear in that position.

2. I felt the need to do it there because otherwise those who saw us would not make the connection to the clinic. I would not get closer because it would be illegal and cause only greater evil.

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:28 PM'] Perhaps you should do some research on Wicca and then edit that post.  I, for one, feel that the best way to respond to an idiot is to stoop down to their level.  They usually [i]don't[/i] beat you with experience. [/quote]
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:25 PM'] 1) Some do.  I've yet to see a report of a Wiccan high priestess or a rabbi molesting an eight-year-old boy.  Keep in mind that this was a counter to an equally idiotic remark.
[/quote]
Thats because that wouldnt sell as many papers fool.

There is a liberal agenda in the media against the Catholic Church in case you haven't noticed

Edited by Krush2k2

spathariossa

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:33 PM'] Thats because that wouldnt sell as many papers fool. [/quote]
Actually I gotta disagree with this one.

Witch Coven Molests Children

Man that would sell tons of papers.

[quote name='rachael' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:28 PM'] so was that :angry: [/quote]
You weren't included in that group. I rather enjoy your posts.

[i]No it really doesn't.[/i]

Senseless DOESN'T differ from applying to a small minority? Odd...

[i]The Jews don't believe in Hell.[/i]

Are you on acid?

[i]Islam believes in Hell but they feel that the vast majority of people, even non-islamics will be saved in the end.[/i]

Never knew that, thanks.

[i]In fact Catholicism doesn't hold that you will go to hell if you don't believe in Jesus.[/i]

The majority of this site would disagree.

[i]Missionaries don't coerce conversions, I've already explained that such a thing has been against church policy for the better part of 1500 years.
[/i]

And we all know that everyone goes by church policy. Study the Middle Ages.

[i]So are you telling me Wiccans don't craft spells? Is that senseless or only applying to a miniscule minority? [/i]

Context is everything.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:29 PM'] So shall we kill the elderly, the mentally handicapped [/quote]
This is going to [i]kill[/i] my case, but yes, we should. At least the elderly who do nothing for society and never will again.

spathariossa

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:34 PM'] You weren't included in that group. I rather enjoy your posts.

[i]No it really doesn't.[/i]

Senseless DOESN'T differ from applying to a small minority? Odd...

[i]The Jews don't believe in Hell.[/i]

Are you on acid?

[i]Islam believes in Hell but they feel that the vast majority of people, even non-islamics will be saved in the end.[/i]

Never knew that, thanks.

[i]In fact Catholicism doesn't hold that you will go to hell if you don't believe in Jesus.[/i]

The majority of this site would disagree.

[i]Missionaries don't coerce conversions, I've already explained that such a thing has been against church policy for the better part of 1500 years.
[/i]

And we all know that everyone goes by church policy. Study the Middle Ages.

[i]So are you telling me Wiccans don't craft spells? Is that senseless or only applying to a miniscule minority? [/i]

Context is everything. [/quote]
I'm a medieval studies major in college working on graduate level work you dolt. I understand that abuses happen within any system. But that doesn't change the overarching principles of the institution.

It would be like saying that racism is constitutional because racism sometimes happens in practice. We all know that this isn't true. In the same way Catholics do not by and large coerce conversions because small numbers of people abuse the system.

And the Jews don't believe in Hell. You need to seriously get a book on Judaism. Their entire concept of the afterlife is fuzzy. In fact Orthodox and Reformed Jews don't even agree on what the afterlife consists of.

[quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:37 PM'] I'm a medieval studies major in college working on graduate level work you dolt. I understand that abuses happen within any system. But that doesn't change the overarching principles of the institution.

It would be like saying that racism is constitutional because racism sometimes happens in practice. We all know that this isn't true. In the same way Catholics do not by and large coerce conversions because small numbers of people abuse the system.

And the Jews don't believe in Hell. You need to seriously get a book on Judaism. Their entire concept of the afterlife is fuzzy. In fact Orthodox and Reformed Jews don't even agree on what the afterlife consists of. [/quote]
The [i]entire[/i] church was corrupt. That's not nearly as minor as you're attempting to make it.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 07:25 PM'] 1) Some do. I've yet to see a report of a Wiccan high priestess or a rabbi molesting an eight-year-old boy. Keep in mind that this was a counter to an equally idiotic remark. [/quote]
Actually, there was a story about a rabbi arrested for molestation which came out shortly after the sexual abuse scandal broke.

Regardless, your logic is flawed. You cannot point to the lack of evidence of the guilt of others in order to accuse the Catholic Church.

spathariossa

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:37 PM'] This is going to [i]kill[/i] my case, but yes, we should. At least the elderly who do nothing for society and never will again. [/quote]
I love it when people argue untenable positions.

Now you're going to have to decide what is productive for society and what isn't. Good luck with that.

[quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:38 PM'] I love it when people argue untenable positions.

Now you're going to have to decide what is productive for society and what isn't. Good luck with that. [/quote]
Living off of social security and pills is counterproductive. Retards pulling my pants down in the halls at a public school is also counterproductive.