Catholictothecore Posted June 18, 2005 Posted June 18, 2005 I don't like these labels. Neo-traditionalist, but I don't agree with much of what Mel Gibson says!
FutureSoror Posted June 19, 2005 Posted June 19, 2005 [quote name='Mickey's_Girl' date='May 31 2005, 03:02 PM']HEY HEY! :angry: The Bells of St. Mary's ROCKS! Nuns rule! MG PS. Hey wait: I don't see a nun emoticon. Do we have one? Dust? [right][snapback]603667[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I was thinking about that yesterday!!
franciscanheart Posted June 19, 2005 Posted June 19, 2005 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jan 15 2005, 10:53 PM']I scored 91. According to that test: [quote]You are a traditionalist Catholic You wish the church would revive the time-honored customs and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council. Your favorite hymn is probably "Immaculate Mary," your favorite pope is Pius X, and your idea of a great Catholic movie is "The Bells of St. Mary's."[/quote] Actually, I think my favorite hymn is [i]O Sanctissima[/i], my favorite Pope is John Paul II, and while I did like [i]Bells of St. Mary's[/i], I think [i]The Passion of the Christ[/i] was an even better Catholic movie. I didn't like the way several of those questions were phrased. There were some instances where I could have gone with more than one answer. It's just a silly test, though. It doesn't define who I am. I'm an orthodox, obedient Catholic, and that's that. [right][snapback]491770[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My favorite pope is definitely JPII as well and I agree with you on the movie though i must admit..... [quote name='StColette' date='Jan 16 2005, 01:56 AM']91 % "your idea of a great Catholic movie is "The Bells of St. Mary's." ROFL That's one of my fave movies [right][snapback]491980[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i really do like it a lot! my score = 92% - Traditionalist my favorite hymn ... dunno ... but immaculate mary is one of my favs - anything that can move me to tears has to be good.
phatcatholic Posted June 19, 2005 Posted June 19, 2005 i was worried about only getting a 90...........until i saw that ironmonk got a 90............now i feel better
blovedwolfofgod Posted June 19, 2005 Posted June 19, 2005 Neo Traditionalist Catholic at 79 out of 100. Where did I go wrong?!
Ash Wednesday Posted June 19, 2005 Posted June 19, 2005 I took this test a year or so ago and was a neo-traditionalist. Now I'm traditionalist at 86%. Very interesting. Maybe it's because Pope St. Pius X has become my new buddy. I was born on his feast day.
curtins Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 86 traditionalist- for the question about the Eucharist- it asks the bread and wine literally become the Body and blood of Christ or the Bread and wine become the Body and Blood of Christ while still remaining bread and wine- I put the 2nd one cause isnt it the Body and blood of Christ in the form of bread and wine i.e. it looks and tastes and smells like bread and wine but its Christ in that form right? or maybe im just way off
goldenchild17 Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 94 - at first I thought that was good, until I thought for a second... "according to this test I'm only 94% Catholic... What church does the other 6% belong to?" Anyways, I didn't think the questions were very good or accurate of what I really believe.
zabbazooey Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 88% -- I'm a Traditionalist!! There is one "traditional" Catholic church here but it's CMRI and they are sedevacantists. I don't really agree with that.
Anastasia13 Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 I got 98 but that is because I was trying to find out how high of an answer I could get. For what is true, it's more like I'm a liberal because I'm really more of a Lutheran raises Orthodox-wanna-be who lives at home and attends church with them at Calvary Chapel and it totally got my fav hymn wrong, but I can't find my hymnal.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 21, 2005 Posted July 21, 2005 Shucks. I came out so Catholic I broke the site. hehe j/k
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 21, 2005 Posted July 21, 2005 Darn. Actually I only scored a 94%, but I don't get what that means since the questions were largely just asking for opinion. It's kind of nonsensical. I'm 100% Catholic darn it. This is what they said of me: You are a traditionalist Catholic You wish the church would revive the time-honored customs and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council. Your favorite hymn is probably "Immaculate Mary," your favorite pope is Pius X, and your idea of a great Catholic movie is "The Bells of St. Mary's." This isn't really true. Only the first sentence applies to me, and with qualification.
DannyBoy Posted July 21, 2005 Posted July 21, 2005 [quote name='curtins' date='Jul 18 2005, 11:29 PM']86 traditionalist- for the question about the Eucharist- it asks the bread and wine literally become the Body and blood of Christ or the Bread and wine become the Body and Blood of Christ while still remaining bread and wine- I put the 2nd one cause isnt it the Body and blood of Christ in the form of bread and wine i.e. it looks and tastes and smells like bread and wine but its Christ in that form right? or maybe im just way off [right][snapback]648908[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have some great resources on this topic should you be interested. And, you could of course always refer to your catechism. The common doctrinal teaching is that yes...while the bread and wine become the body and blood they also keep their accidental forms of bread and wine. You are consuming His Body and Blood but also bread and wine. What faith we have to believe this that without question...This is the way. Love the Eucharist...give thanks!!! Adore.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 21, 2005 Posted July 21, 2005 [quote name='curtins' date='Jul 18 2005, 09:29 PM']86 traditionalist- for the question about the Eucharist- it asks the bread and wine literally become the Body and blood of Christ or the Bread and wine become the Body and Blood of Christ while still remaining bread and wine- I put the 2nd one cause isnt it the Body and blood of Christ in the form of bread and wine i.e. it looks and tastes and smells like bread and wine but its Christ in that form right? or maybe im just way off [right][snapback]648908[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You're right curtins. At the moment of consecration the bread and wine are no more. The accidents of bread and wine are all that remains. Just an external 'appearance'.
morostheos Posted July 21, 2005 Posted July 21, 2005 I got 84...I think I got this when I took the same test about two years ago... But when I took the test about what type of Christian I am it said fundamentalist And when I took the "Belief-O-Matic" to see what religion I agree with the most (a horrible idea i would say in general) it said I was 99% Quaker So in summary, beliefnet has some strange quizzes....... :bugeyes:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now