An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lifeteen Mass

Janana8706

O my Goodness.
Tonight was our first lifeten Mass. It was sooooo awesome. I loved the music and the whole thing. The church was packed. They said they have to do the next one at the same church, I don't know how they could fit another person in there (it was packed) i don't htink they were planning on that big of a turn out. If you don't have one, talk to a youth director, it is totally awesome.

talk to someone at your church about htem, or if you go to a catolic school, talk to someone there. You wouldn't b srry.

I don't know if what my college church does can be considered 'life teen' or not... but I usually go to the Cathedral anyhow.

Since they reformed them they are more in line than most other Masses I go to...

...I LOVE it...it definatly brought me closer to Christ...and brought converts to the church...and even tho I am not a teen anymore its nice to visit and find (weither it be in gregorian chant or Rich Mullins) celebration in the sacrifice thats missing in the NO masses....

though i can say that i sort of know what one is.

I think stuff like that is cool but i like something else more. i am not quite sure how to explain it. Like some life teen/charismatic type stuff along with some slower traditional heart felt pieces. I like also contemplative quiet things and person time. I don't know if there was a Mass rite made for me. Maybe someday something will really click, until then, well Jesus and I have a good time outside of Mass doing all of that stuff. :)

By the way i can't really ask about it at school cause no one there will no. I am from the middle of ND and there are about 200 people in my high schoo. I don't even know if Fargo has stuff like that yet.

wow harsh words......but i would rather not get into that discussion again toledo...

Yah most LFIETEEN Masses are pretty good. Ours is really good. Sort LIFETEEN/ Traditional more along the lines of what jezic was talking about

whatever brings people to God, right? :)

i haven't been to one but i've done stuff like it. there's a time for lifeteen masses and there's a time for quiet, reverent, traditional masses. usually i like the latter, but it's nice to mix it up. it's amazing that however many forms the mass takes, different languages, rites, whatever, it's still Jesus.