Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Oik' date='Feb 3 2005, 05:07 PM'] Aloha, please re-read the posts.

You will find that the people that "dislike" LT are actually the ones who want it to succeed.

Plainly, the one's you refer to want to see LifeTeen go somewhere...they want to see it go everywhere and minister to teens and bring the Faith all over.

So i'm sure we are dealing with it, heck we are even advocating it's ideas of teen ministry. ;) [/quote]
sorry i should have quoted i was replying to motherofpirl..........

but i have to agree with scofizzle

I have a priest at my parish that refused to say a lifeteen mass.......a priest.....refused to say a legitimate mass for the faithful........(what is going on?)

Posted (edited)

I think it needs to be remembered that LifeTeen is a beginning, not an end. Even it's founder said so. :)

In the end we are called to much, much deeper. I personally liked some of the ideas at first. And then I went to a "Traditional Mass" or many. :) (By Traditional I mean Novus Ordo.) One set up the way the rubrics ask, with the music asked for.

By the way, did you know most priests at St. Peter's face the other way?

Edited by Q the Ninja
Posted

[quote name='Scofizzle' date='Feb 3 2005, 04:10 PM'] I don't think tha tis the case....I think some of the poeple who hate Life Teen would rather see it fall of the face of the planet. [/quote]
Yep, I sure would.

There are other ways of reaching out to teens without turning the mass into some sort of circus show. Some of the things that go on in a life teen mass are exactly the same sort of stuff that goes on in four square, holy rollers and a myriad of other Protestant churches. Is that what the Catholic youth is after? Why don't we all just sit in a big circle and sing kumbaya songs the whole time. Were kinda in a time warp back to the 70's anyway. I suppose the priests even sound a bit like some of the preachers on the TBN network. Can we all get a halleluiah now, amen brother.

randy_the_clown
Posted

So, what you are suggesting is that we should only do the liturgy that you like?

Is there a general consensus that we should STOP doing LT masses because teens MIGHT fall away after high school?

Should have told Christ to pack it in because only one of the apostles would be at the Crucifixion.

randy_the_clown
Posted

[quote]a. they never should have invented them in the first place.
b. why do teens need special Masses and popular music in the first place?
c. when the emotional high is gone, will they still be regular Catholics, or seek out
the entertainment they are used to?
d. how will they relate to regular parishes where the sermon/homily and music are not to their taste?
[/quote]

Thank you, Mother, for adding something different:

a: That is how the Church grows. All liturgy, save the words of consecration were "invented" at some point by someone.
b. Why do the Spanish need Spanish Masses and music in Spanish? I went to a mass in St. Lucia on my honeymoon (which ruled, thank you very much) and the mass was an hour and a half long and had music that was native to the culture. It was great. Why did they need that?
c. That largely depends on the catechesis that they receive, which as I mentioned earlier is up to the pastor of the parish and the youth minister. I think that there are a certain percentage that fall away because the seed hasn't grown yet, however there are also a percentage that realize what transubstantiation is and any liturgy will do.
d. Is Christ present? Again, this is up to the catechesis. I would ask you this, how would people like MP react? I think we have seen his/her answer. If you ask me, it is those in this thread who have been exposed to LIFE TEEN that can see Christ in any rite in the Catholic Church and appreciate the rite for what it is. It is those who are closed into their own box that refuse to accept other rites.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...