An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lifeteen Mass

Janana8706

toledo... that was very unnecessary and if it wasnt for lifeteen i dont think i'd be where i am right now and i probably wouldnt even be on this site. Lifeteen made my faith a priority.

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jan 31 2005, 01:43 AM']
distasteful in the extreme, [/quote]
Understatement of the century.

[quote name='DemonSlayer' date='Jan 31 2005, 11:01 AM'] What's a Phatmass Mass like? [/quote]
No instruments.
All responses and songs sung (chanted) in Latin.
Incense.

Basically, a very reverent, Latin-filled, Novus Ordo.

And followed by the Divine Mercy chaplet afterwards.

A very holy and contrasting way to end an all day event of games, rock and hip-hop.

Be there. May 7th, 2005 - downtown Dallas, Cathedral of Guadalupe.

franciscanheart

[quote name='DemonSlayer' date='Jan 31 2005, 11:01 AM'] What's a Phatmass Mass like? [/quote]
only the coolest mass ever. you dont get anything like it where i am so its supa coo. [also what dUSt said.]

i think latin mass is kinda cool....but i say praise God for Vatican 2

i am a bass player at my lifeteen mass that we have every sunday

i wouldnt be here at Phatmass either if it wasnt for lifeteen

[quote name='jiyoung' date='Jan 31 2005, 02:20 AM'] whatever brings people to God, right? :) [/quote]
That, I've found, can be a dangerous principle to follow. It becomes really easy to compromise on doctrine and teachings, and to introduce a vast number of liturgical abuses. I know that this is not at all what you're advocating. I'm just pointing out that there can be dangers in that philosophy.

[quote name='aloha918' date='Jan 31 2005, 01:22 PM'] i think latin mass is kinda cool....but i say praise God for Vatican 2

[/quote]
The Mass Dust is referring to (LAtin Novus Ordo) is the Mass promulgated after Vatican II. So your statement doesn't really make sense. It sounds like you are pitting Vatican II against the Mass in Latin. I suggest reading Sacrosanctum Concilium.

[quote name='Philippe' date='Jan 31 2005, 04:06 AM'] toledo... that was very unnecessary and if it wasnt for lifeteen i dont think i'd be where i am right now and i probably wouldnt even be on this site. Lifeteen made my faith a priority. [/quote]
well that's good.
Lifeteen is in no way the optimal experience for a young Catholic.
Take away the flashy music and the whatever, and what are you left with? any interest?

I don't really care. if it works for you, and they're obedient, then go. I just find that treating teens like they require special treatment to understand the Mass is a self-defeating activity. I shall speak no more on this. [i]fin[/i]

on a positive note, Phatmass Mass sounds like something I would really be into. If I'm ever in Texas, I'll have to go.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jan 31 2005, 01:03 PM'] No instruments.
All responses and songs sung (chanted) in Latin.
Incense.

Basically, a very reverent, Latin-filled, Novus Ordo.

And followed by the Divine Mercy chaplet afterwards.

A very holy and contrasting way to end an all day event of games, rock and hip-hop.

Be there. May 7th, 2005 - downtown Dallas, Cathedral of Guadalupe. [/quote]
Can you take it on tour?

lifeteenchick527

i love the lifeteen mass!! lifeteen is a great program that has helped me so much on my faith journey. i have met so many totally great people and teens who i can hang out with and they are always there for me!!

God Bless
LTC