FiZzGiG Posted April 4, 2005 Author Posted April 4, 2005 Oh yeah, and today at Mass, I was so sad during the consecration of the Eucharist. You know when they offer up prayers to the bishop and the pope? Well the priest was praying for the bishop and then kinda paused... and just went on with the consecration. Since the pope died, they didn't pray for him then Of course they prayed for him during the petitions, and offered the Mass up for him and stuff. But the absence of his name during the consecration just really hit me.
MichaelFilo Posted April 4, 2005 Posted April 4, 2005 I cried at Mass (I went on Saturday for the Sunday Vigil). I miss Papa. God bless, Mikey
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 4, 2005 Posted April 4, 2005 our priest accidently said, our pope, john paul ll, then he realized and paused... it was really sad.
geetarplayer Posted April 5, 2005 Posted April 5, 2005 Yeah, I noticed that at the concecration... They skipped the pope and went straight to the bishop... -Mark
FiZzGiG Posted April 5, 2005 Author Posted April 5, 2005 My friend Rachel and I at school decided to make a pilgrimage to Rome when he becomes a saint. I guess I should say "IF" he becomes a saint... but honestly, that man has GOT to be canonized. Or we could make a pilgrimage if he's incorruptible... that would be awesome On a lighter note... today I had "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin stuck in my head all day. And I don't even have the CD to listen to and relieve my urge to hear it. DANG!!
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 5, 2005 Posted April 5, 2005 oh my gosh, me too!!!! my mom listens to the cheesy Christian music radio station.. oh dear don't even get me started on that stupid radio station. but anyways that song is always on and its been in my head all day! ugh... don't you hate it when that happens??
FiZzGiG Posted April 5, 2005 Author Posted April 5, 2005 YES!!! I really like the song though. It's just STUCK in my HEAD! GAH! Those stations have some good music. I mean... a lot of them are really cheesy and touchy-feely, but I really like Chris Tomlin and David Crowder. But you know what I need? A Gregorian chant CD. I really wanna get one
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 7, 2005 Posted April 7, 2005 ohh they had a gregorian chant cd at my library and my sister got it. i have a cd with the pope saying the rosary... its awesome so i usually listen to that when i need to be in prayer/mellow mode.
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 7, 2005 Posted April 7, 2005 oh crapola.....i have a book that i lost from the library and i have to pay for it.. the thing is my mom said she would then i'd just pay her back but she never did, so now i have to pay for like 2 weeks in late fees and the price of the book which was like $7. ughhhhhh this is so annoying.
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 Hey I got my big sister to join the pham! She's Totus_Tuus
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 i think i should get a prize.. i need some cookies or something cause i've been doing math all day and my brain is fried. i love how i wait til the absolute last minute to do everything. i have math class at 2:30 and i started a whole weeks worth of work at 12 and i got it all done!!! i'm such a good procrastinator that sometimes i can't get over myself.
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 speaking of procrastination.. when i get back i get to write three huge papers because again, i like to wait til the very last minute and make myself as stressed out as possible. i figure even if i did them ahead, i'd still be stressed.. so why not make it funner and do them the morning of??????? i'm a total chronic procrastinator.
FiZzGiG Posted April 9, 2005 Author Posted April 9, 2005 ooh my goodness. procrastination is my middle name. last night I was up till 3 a.m., cuz I put off studying for 2 tests and had to stay up to do it. i was dead tired today. the plus side: i gotta catch some of the popes funeral. procrastinators of the world unite... ... tomorrow
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 9, 2005 Posted April 9, 2005 sigh, i survived my math class getting just enough done that i needed to. speaking of which, i should get some done...i'll do it first thing tomorrow.
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 9, 2005 Posted April 9, 2005 ok total grossness... my brothers just came inside from playing all day and they stink, so they think it'll be a good idea to turn on the fan in the hallway so everyone in the whole house can smell them.
*teen4Christ* Posted April 9, 2005 Posted April 9, 2005 OMG!! last night I went on a march for the pope!! it was sooo awesome!!! I talked to this lady from the new york times...there were so many people!! it was soooo cool!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now