Dudette Posted April 11, 2005 Posted April 11, 2005 ohhhhh, I'm kinda allergic to pollen too. sleep is good....sleep should be considered a school subject....
filiiEva Posted April 11, 2005 Posted April 11, 2005 Allergies are awful... mine haven't kicked in this year... yet.
FiZzGiG Posted April 12, 2005 Author Posted April 12, 2005 I've been trying to get the dean of students to initiate naptime as an elective for 2 years, but she's having none of it
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 12, 2005 Posted April 12, 2005 if schools had naptime i'd totally go. when i was in pre-school we had naptime but i hated it then. "you can't always get what you want... but if you try real hard, you get what you need." ok random sorry.
Dudette Posted April 12, 2005 Posted April 12, 2005 blaaaaaaaaaa.....need more sleep .. need more sleep...
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 12, 2005 Posted April 12, 2005 ugh.. i'm sick. lack of sleep and pollen, not a good combo.
Dudette Posted April 12, 2005 Posted April 12, 2005 I'm like...done school for today, which is rather surprising ......
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 12, 2005 Posted April 12, 2005 ha, i'm not... but my moms making me run all these errands for her so i get to be more behind!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! tonights the usual... i have math class tomorrow and haven't done any of it so i'm gonna be up tonight/tomorrow morning doing it. i can not wait. would anyone like to join my little party???
FiZzGiG Posted April 12, 2005 Author Posted April 12, 2005 Dudette, you gotta help me out on that sony board I think I'm getting Catholic teachings confused or maybe I'm just blending a bunch of things together, and I'm confusing myself. We just learned about all this Purgatory/Redemption/Justification stuff, so I don't think I understand it as fully as I thought. Great humbling experience though.
Dudette Posted April 12, 2005 Posted April 12, 2005 I just pmed you! Haha, I sure will! And I'm on teh computer practically 24/7. Seriously....y'know what I need to find? A online CCC.....hmm....I should ask PhatCatholic....
FiZzGiG Posted April 13, 2005 Author Posted April 13, 2005 Haha, and I just pmed you back! BAM! Isn't there an online CCC in the reference section? And, I have this great Catholicism teacher (used to teach theology and philosophy at college level) who I've been going to after class to find out some stuff. If there are any specific answers we need with the reasoning behind them, I can ask him if you want. Thanks!!!!
Dudette Posted April 13, 2005 Posted April 13, 2005 Np! Yeah...I'll check it out....... I want to take a Theology and Philosophy course this year....hmm..I'm only 15 HAHA
FiZzGiG Posted April 13, 2005 Author Posted April 13, 2005 LOL [quote]I want to take a Theology and Philosophy course this year....hmm..I'm only 15 HAHA[/quote] Do it!!! I'm taking Catholicism, and it's really intense (I have the hardest teacher, haha). You see, the two other teachers are sort of touchy-feely, and they follow the book (which is a 4th grade reading level), but I got the teacher who's all into logic and philosophy and hardcore theology. No books in his class. He teaches it apologetics style, so it really helps. I'm taking philosophy senior year. I have some notes from Catholicism if you want them!! It's stuff on the foundation of the Church, the Petrine Primacy, etc.
Dudette Posted April 13, 2005 Posted April 13, 2005 Yeah, I told my dad and he said I need Apologetics so I'm going to see about a course on that. Maybe at the same time I'll take an intro into Theology and Philosophy......then this coming school year I'm taking a logic course! Haha, this is going to be fun!
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 13, 2005 Posted April 13, 2005 i'm taking apologetics next year. i've already read a lot about apologetics, but i think it'll be a good brain refresher. this year i've done hardcore catechism basically. my first semester book was called "chief truths of the faith" (exciting, eh?) and it was full of info but in a really boring way. this semester i'm doing "catholic morality" which is also full of facts whcih are good to know. so basically i've learned all the facts and the characteristics virtues should have and stuff like that. i haven't really enjoyed this year as far as religion class, but it's been something different and i have learned a lot so i guess thats good.
Dudette Posted April 13, 2005 Posted April 13, 2005 My Religion is really good, I'm learning a lot from that. And I'm learning a log of logic from my friends because I have some friends that are [i]extremely[/i] logical, so it kind of is contagious.
FranciscanRocker25 Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 i've learned the most from just reading the bible and the catechism. the catechism never ceases to amaze me and make my brain work.
Dudette Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 Yeah, I haven't read the whole Catechism, I'm going to start soon though, I love that book.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now