An Old School Catholic Message Board

Get Your Posts Up AND FREE TACOS

FiZzGiG

Yeah, I told my dad and he said I need Apologetics so I'm going to see about a course on that. Maybe at the same time I'll take an intro into Theology and Philosophy......then this coming school year I'm taking a logic course! Haha, this is going to be fun! ^_^

FranciscanRocker25

i'm taking apologetics next year. i've already read a lot about apologetics, but i think it'll be a good brain refresher. this year i've done hardcore catechism basically. my first semester book was called "chief truths of the faith" (exciting, eh?) and it was full of info but in a really boring way. this semester i'm doing "catholic morality" which is also full of facts whcih are good to know. so basically i've learned all the facts and the characteristics virtues should have and stuff like that. i haven't really enjoyed this year as far as religion class, but it's been something different and i have learned a lot so i guess thats good.

My Religion is really good, I'm learning a lot from that. And I'm learning a log of logic from my friends because I have some friends that are [i]extremely[/i] logical, so it kind of is contagious.

FranciscanRocker25

i've learned the most from just reading the bible and the catechism. the catechism never ceases to amaze me and make my brain work.

Ditto

Have you all read The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis?

It's sooo good. It's a small book and a pretty easy read, but it's so rich.

Y'all should check it out if you can!

FranciscanRocker25

i've wanted to read that book for so long and just haven't. i even checked it out one time from the library and i just never read it. c.s. lewis is awesome though.

Go for it!

My Catholicism teacher had recommended it

And Dudette, I'm gonna try and get online tonight. I had a lot of work last night, so I had to harness some self-control and not get online. :D

It's just so tempting...

alright, I'll be on tonight then ;)

Haha! I know.I'm not allowed to go online except when I'm done school. So yeah....

FranciscanRocker25

i'm eating mike & ike's and i only like the strawberry and orange ones so i have to pick them all out. its hard cause the cherry are red and the strawberry are a little lighter red and its hard to tell them apart..... ewwwwwwwww yuck i just got a cherry one. spit it out caroline hurry hurry before you die!! com'on be a man.

Edited by FranciscanRocker25

[quote name='FranciscanRocker25' date='Apr 14 2005, 03:01 PM'] guys i feel so left out! [/quote]
aww! Sorry Caroline! Okay, we'll talk about something else...

Hmmmmmm.....Kerry, what shall it be? tacos, so very tasty and good for you,?

okay, wanna know something lame? I haven't had a taco in like...4 or 5 years and I'm not joking..

FranciscanRocker25

wha!?!?!??!?!?!? 4 or 5 years.. thats just crazy! i had one two weeks ago. wait not just one either. you can't just eat one taco. thats just impossible. its like eating one M&M or something.