An Old School Catholic Message Board

freewill in the eyes of a gay man

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

fidei,

up until yesterday i was thinking that chastity meant celebacy.......for the most part i have lived a chaste life. I havent had sex in over 4 years. The idea of chastity is a beautiful thing i think. Its the idea of celebacy that i despise. Not for everyone but for me. I dont want to live such a life style. And allthough i appreciate your input on my threads........i dont appreciate it when u are trying to convince me of such and idea. We dont know anything when it comes to god. Please refrain from trying to tell me that i should live a celebate life. You do not know.

infinitelord1

fidei,

up until yesterday i was thinking that chastity meant celebacy.......for the most part i have lived a chaste life. I havent had sex in over 4 years. The idea of chastity is a beautiful thing i think. Its the idea of celebacy that i despise. Not for everyone but for me. I dont want to live such a life style. And allthough i appreciate your input on my threads........i dont appreciate it when u are trying to convince me of such and idea. We dont know anything when it comes to god. Please refrain from trying to tell me that i should live a celebate life. You do not know.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 4 2005, 06:08 PM']fidei,

[right][snapback]631695[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Bud, im working with what you told me. I didnt make the rules, God did, and the fact is, if you have to live with homosexual attraction, you have to be celebate, because you have no other choice. If God wants you to get married, he would "heal" you as you speak of wanting. But he hasnt. I dont mean to be rude, but it sounds like to me that you are telling God what you want, and demanding that, when he clearly has other ideas for you.

Please, just pray that you do God's will, and dont demand he do anything. Let him decide.

[quote]I bleieve..in my OWN opinion..and not to disregard anyone elses..is that therapy is an OPTION..but not a neccesity.[/quote]

rckllnknny

I don't disagree that prayer is the most powerful tool that we have in our arsenal against sin. But what has been described by Infinitelord clearly calls for therapy.

We can pray that our cancer goes away. But we go to the doctor
We can pray that the flood doesn't take our home. But we go to higher ground.
We can pray that inappropriate sexual behavior performed on us at waaaaay to early of an age will someday stop influencing our behavior.

But we go to therapy.

infinitelord1

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Jul 4 2005, 11:41 PM']Bud, im working with what you told me. I didnt make the rules, God did, and the fact is, if you have to live with homosexual attraction, you have to be celebate, because you have no other choice. If God wants you to get married, he would "heal" you as you speak of wanting. But he hasnt. I dont mean to be rude, but it sounds like to me that you are telling God what you want, and demanding that, when he clearly has other ideas for you.

Please, just pray that you do God's will, and dont demand he do anything. Let him decide.
[right][snapback]631921[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i was talking about we dont know what god intends for us. As far as the rules go.....yes, if you cannot get rid of your homosexual attractions then u should live a celebate life. God may or may not heal you in this area......you never know when he will or if he will. So to automatically accept a life of celebacy is ok but it doesnt mean that is what god intended for you. Because u dont know what god intended for you until it already happened. We can not predict god.

[quote name='rckllnknny' date='Jul 5 2005, 08:14 AM']hot stuff...have fun..Gods cheaper.
[right][snapback]632013[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Rick,
You may take this as harsh, but I firmly believe it. God repeatedly shows us in Scripture that He works through other people to help us. Paul puts it quite clearly when he describes how we are all different, but make up one body of Christ. Some are teachers, some are healers, etc. Truthfully, your choosing to 'go it alone with God' is probably a mistake. It reminds me of a little story.

A woman lived by a river that flooded so she climbed up on to the roof. The Army drove by and called accross the water and asked to help her. She said 'No. God will take care of me.' Than the Air Force hovered over her in a helicopter and asked to help her. She said 'No. God will take care of me.' Then the Navy came by in a boat and asked to help her. She said 'No. God will take care of me.' A few minutes later, the house collapsed and she drowned and went to heaven. Peter met her at the Gate and said it would be a little while before her room would be ready. The woman was surprised and asked didn't they know she was coming. Peter said God told him about her predicament and God sent the Army, Navy, and Air Force to rescue her but Peter didn't anticipate the woman refusing the help God sent.

rckllnknny

THAT REALLY HAPPENED?!!!!

and God was wondering what verse that was in??

quote..you choosing to go it alone is probably a mistake. unqoute.

its not alone its with God. and you PROBABLY dont really know at all do you??

rckllnknny

besides theres not one person on here qualified to make a reccomendation as therapy as an ONLY option. thats ridiculous.
hot stuff did your therapist tell you that you were self-absorbed dillusional hypochondriac?? or was she waiting for you to tell her that? this is somebody elses thread. you could mess up someone elses head telling them that they need therapy anyhow if its not a DECISION they make for themselves. people can still live a healthy life without it. Jesus shows us that The Living Word is all we nedd to live happy lives. not because your PSYCHIATRIST referred us there! LOL

Kilroy the Ninja

Ok, I think we all mean well here. Let's calm down, step back and chill for a few.

rckllnknny

and infinitelord this thread is about you and how your problems are addressed. you dont have to believe that therapy is an onlly option. it COULD help you. but theres no reason to feel obligated. share with God your feelings your confusion your fears. if youre living through his will the answers will come to you and things will work themselves out....

Rick,
Nobody said as an ONLY option. With prayer and spiritual leadership. Many psychologists and psychiatrists are Christian. I know from personal experience. They aren't neccesarily tell you to go against God. Saying you don't need or want help from others is a cop out and minimizes your personal accountability. It's too easy to tell yourself that it's too hard, not the right time, you're not strong enough yet, etc. It easy to fool yourself.

rckllnknny

..um..yeah..sure..whatever works for YOU..
im done with this.
go ahead and sit around and tell somebody they need a therapist and if the dont theyre a cop-out because, "infinitelord, youd be minimizing your personal accountability"
LOL
THATS insane!
ask GOD for help.
because right now not one of us is helping anyone...
Let it go..its obvious who is insecure and emotionally unstable. of course psychiatrists and doctors are christian. so they take the place of the ignorant and offer wisdom and insight from our Lord. But do you think a psychiatrist can work miracles that Jesus cannot?
i'm talking about FAITH. and if you already said that no ones OBLIGATED to go...which actually was the assumptious statements made..then were really not talking about anything really are we??

[quote name='rckllnknny' date='Jul 5 2005, 10:01 AM']besides theres not one person on here qualified to make a reccomendation as therapy as an ONLY option. thats ridiculous.
hot stuff did your therapist tell you that you were self-absorbed dillusional hypochondriac?? or was she waiting for you to tell her that? this is somebody elses thread. you could mess up someone elses head telling them that they need therapy anyhow if its not a DECISION they make for themselves. people can still live a healthy life without it. Jesus shows us that The Living Word is all we nedd to live happy lives. not because your PSYCHIATRIST referred us there! LOL
[right][snapback]632093[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nope. My opinions are based on the fact that I'm [b]trained[/b] as a therapist. I'm [b] qualified[/b] to make the suggestion that therapy is needed in certain situations. And there are a few of us here at PM that are qualified.