An Old School Catholic Message Board

freewill in the eyes of a gay man

infinitelord1

rckllnknny

dont help ya from bein rude though does it?
and does that make my opinion invalid that youre a quack?
and would another therapist make the same suggestion?and what are the verses in the bible that suggest your theoriez?
is your attitude coming from a humbling God.
or out of selfishishness?
bet it makes ya mad too that the whole time ya went to school and worked your "profession" ya came on here and found the most gourgeous guy ya ever seen (also an eighth grade drop out) worlds wiser than you. i also said i was done with this topic.
its obvious you were trying to provokeke my response.
do yourself a favor and let it go.
and youre wrong!!!

infinitelord1

[clears throat] well i have been to 2 different psychologists in the past 3 years. I am currently going to a psychiatrist and he has me on anti-depressant pills. Only god can help in an issue like this. If there is no god then it doesnt matter if you are gay or not.

infinitelord1

hey hot stuff,

how long did it take u to get ur certificate in counseling? I am thinking about doing the same thing

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:15 PM']Nope.  My opinions are based on the fact that I'm [b]trained[/b] as a therapist. I'm [b] qualified[/b] to make the suggestion that therapy is needed in certain situations.  And there are a few of us here at PM that are qualified.
[right][snapback]632172[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ditto. I'm also a qualified therapist and hot stuff's recommendation is correct.

Rick, yes, we need God and prayer to heal and to help us through our problems. But God also gives us the gift of other tools to help us along. Therapists can be one of these God-given tools. Use them! Don't waste the gift God made available to you! It sounds as if you've had a bad experience with a therapist, but not all of them are that way.

Infinite, therapy really is the way to go here. Before you can fully give of yourself to anyone else, you need to take care of yourself. You need to tackle all the difficulties that you've been having since you were young. Mind you, this is not an easy process and can take some time. A therapist can help guide you, so that you can learn to deal with these difficulties one by one. With therapy and lots of prayer, you can slowly begin to heal.

Think about this...you've asked God what to do and how you can heal. You've been very open and honest here. Maybe knwoing that this community cares for you is part of the answer to your prayer. Maybe the suggestion of going to therapy is the beginning of God answering your prayers. Healing has to start somewhere. Find a good therapist and let him or her help you.

I'll be praying for you.

[quote name='rckllnknny' date='Jul 5 2005, 02:47 PM']dont help ya from bein rude though does it?
and does that make my opinion invalid that youre a quack?
and would another therapist make the same suggestion?and what are the verses in the bible that suggest your theoriez?
bet it makes ya mad too that the whole time ya went to school and worked your "profession" ya came on here and found the most gourgeous guy ya ever seen (also an eighth grade drop out) worlds wiser than you. i also said i was done with this topic.
its obvious you were trying to provokeke my response.
do yourself a favor and let it go.
and youre wrong!!!
[right][snapback]632220[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Rick, hot stuff wasn't trying to say your opinion is invalid or anything like that. He's just trying to help out another person. Please, let's be charitable.

infinitelord1

as i learn more about god and my faith grows i begin to learn more about myself and the truth about things..........honestly, i made contact with this girl that i had a crush on in high school and it kind of sparked something inside of me. there is nothing at all wrong with therapy......if you would be able to give me therapy through PM personal messaging that would be awesome.......but i have been going to a psychiatrist and honestly i dont want to fit the cost of a therapist into my budget right now.

[quote]dont help ya from bein rude though does it?[/quote]

Dude you're the one who started with the onslaught of insults. I don't know where you get off calling me rude.

If a fireman drove by your house and pointed out a fire hazard, would you consider that rude?

[quote]and does that make my opinion invalid that youre a quack?[/quote]

Yes

Wait... does it?

Ok Yes it does make your opinion invalid.

[quote]bet it makes ya mad too that the whole time ya went to school and worked your "profession" ya came on here and found the most gourgeous guy ya ever seen (also an eighth grade drop out) worlds wiser than you. i also said i was done with this topic.[/quote]

okaaaaay. Well first sorry about that eigth grade thing. They must teach the proper spelling of gorgeous in 9th.

Second, I'm a guy. Couldn't give a rip on what you look like. But worlds wiser you are not. You want to drop it? Good. You've added nothing to the conversation except to demonstrate what a ding dong you are.

Infinitelord,

Therapy can take a while. If you consider how long you've been dealing with this, three years of therapy is rather small in comparison. Therapy is rarely a quick solution. In many cases, its goal is to help a person manage until the time comes when there is resolution.

God is our primary source of help in all situations. But you've heard the phrase "God helps those who help themselves". We are called by God not to just wait. We must work.

Good for you for seeking therapy. I pray that you continue to until you find some peace.

Infinite, therapy over the internet isn't a good idea. Therapy can be a lengthy process and there is alot that goes into therapy. You would be missing out on a good deal of it by trying to get therapy via PMs. Personally, I don't think therapy over private messages would be valid at all.

[quote name='rckllnknny' date='Jul 5 2005, 11:25 AM']of course psychiatrists and doctors are christian. so they take the place of the ignorant and offer wisdom and insight from our Lord. But do you think a psychiatrist can work miracles that Jesus cannot?
i'm talking about FAITH. [right][snapback]632111[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='rckllnknny' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:47 PM']and what are the verses in the bible that suggest your theoriez?
[right][snapback]632220[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

why do i smell non-catholic, bible-believing protestant?? :huh:

Fidei Defensor

Mmm.. just a suggestion.. proper grammar and spelling is more effective when arguing then.. um.. yah.

infinitelord1

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:07 PM']Dude you're the one who started with the onslaught of insults.  I don't know where you get off calling me rude. 

If a fireman drove by your house and pointed out a fire hazard, would you consider that rude? 
Yes

Wait... does it?
Ok Yes it does make your opinion invalid.
okaaaaay.  Well first sorry about that eigth grade thing.  They must teach the proper spelling of gorgeous in 9th. 

Second, I'm a guy.  Couldn't give a rip on what you look like.  But worlds wiser you are not.  You want to drop it?  Good.  You've added nothing to the conversation except to demonstrate what a ding dong you are.

Infinitelord,

Therapy can take a while.  If you consider how long you've been dealing with this, three years of therapy is rather small in comparison.  Therapy is rarely a quick solution.  In many cases, its goal is to help a person manage until the time comes when there is resolution. 

God is our primary source of help in all situations.  But you've heard the phrase "God helps those who help themselves".  We are called by God not to just wait.  We must work. 

Good for you for seeking therapy.  I pray that you continue to until you find some peace.
[right][snapback]632246[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I am familiar with the phrase, "god helps those who help themselves". I know i havent lived up to this yet, but i think that i have done a little by going to this psychiatrist. You see, when i was like 14 me and 2 other friends made this dumb decision to drink a bottle of robitussin and take 2 anit-psychotic pills each..........well, it was probably the worst decision i had ever made in my life.........up until recently i thought i had never completly come down from this high.......but through this psychiatrist i learned that this experience left an imprint on my brain. This imprint was severe depression. That is why he perscribed me anti-depressant pills. That is all i can say about doing something for my self at this point. I dont have a job and i am not going to school, but i plan on going to the army when my money runs out.

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:11 PM']Infinite, therapy over the internet isn't a good idea.  Therapy can be a lengthy  process and there is alot that goes into therapy.  You would be missing out on a good deal of it by trying to get therapy via PMs.  Personally, I don't think therapy over private messages would be valid at all.
[right][snapback]632250[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Carrie's right. The best that we can do is offer support and prayers. More often than not, it is the relationship between a therapist and a client that allows for the healing to process. There's a vulnerability in that cannot be found over the internet. There is healing in saying the words out loud that cannot happen when you type them out. But you're not alone in this Infinitelord1. We are all connected through Christ, but we are also connected through our individual suffering. The things that happened in your childhood have impacted you. But its not insurmountable. The mere fact that you've been willing to be open and candid here makes me believe that you truly want to find peace. There are good faith filled therapists (like Carrie) who can help you find resolution.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:58 PM'] We are all connected through Christ, but we are also connected through our individual suffering.  The things that happened in your childhood have impacted you.  But its not insurmountable. The mere fact that you've been willing to be open and candid here makes me believe that you truly want to find peace. 
[right][snapback]632303[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote]There are good faith filled therapists (like Carrie) who can help you find resolution.[/quote]

We exist. :)

infinitelord1

[quote name='Crispy' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:39 PM']why do i smell non-catholic, bible-believing protestant?? :huh:
[right][snapback]632285[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i can see what u are talking about..........faith alone doesnt always get you where u need to be.........it certainly gets the ball rolling but god will not do everything for you. Otherwise, those who believe in God would all be happy and living the lives they want........this contradicts our purpose in life........to struggle and learn that love is all that matters.