An Old School Catholic Message Board

was it rape?

cmotherofpirl

Man, I thought this thread was dead and buried.

A 14 year old mother can't even drive her child to doctor's appointments etc. She is completely dependent upon the adults in her life to still take care of her... She's not ready to fully take care of another.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:27 AM']Man, I thought this thread was dead and buried.

A 14 year old mother can't even drive her child to doctor's appointments etc. She is completely dependent upon the adults in her life to still take care of her... She's not ready to fully take care of another.
[right][snapback]725377[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

She can in Texas all she has to do is get a hardship license. It's not really that hard.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:29 AM']She can in Texas  all she has to do is get a hardship license. It's not really that hard.
[right][snapback]725382[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh good grief. I really doubt that having 14 year olds driving around is a great thing. Maybe driving on rural roads from their farm back to the barn... but crimany. You really want to fill the streets of Houston with 14 year old drivers?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:00 AM']Oh good grief. I really doubt that having 14 year olds driving around is a great thing. Maybe driving on rural roads from their farm back to the barn... but crimany. You really want to fill the streets of Houston with 14 year old drivers?
[right][snapback]725432[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you haven't driven much here have you, I don't see how 14 year olds could be any worse that te average 40 year old on the West end of town.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:08 AM']you haven't driven much here have you, I don't see how 14 year olds could be any worse that te average 40 year old on the West end of town.
[right][snapback]725437[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Fine. That's your problem. I don't want 14 year olds driving around the streets of St. Paul.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:11 AM']Fine. That's your problem. I don't want 14 year olds driving around the streets of St. Paul.
[right][snapback]725440[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You have decent drivers there! could you send some down the the Houstons west side to teach the people there? :D:

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:12 AM']You have decent drivers there! could you send some down the the Houstons west side to teach the people there? :D:
[right][snapback]725443[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, yes. We do have fairly decent drivers here. But lately I've seen more and more Texas plates and it seems the courtesy has suffered... ;)

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:16 AM']Well, yes. We do have fairly decent drivers here. But lately I've seen more and more Texas plates and it seems the courtesy has suffered... ;)
[right][snapback]725448[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

they must be from Dallas-- thats not really part of Texas. But I suppose they could be from West Houston, but comfort yourself withthe knowledge that if it is, they aren't intentionally being rude, they just can't drive.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:36 AM']they must be from Dallas-- thats not really part of Texas. But I suppose they could be from West Houston, but comfort yourself withthe knowledge that if  it is, they aren't intentionally being rude, they just can't drive.
[right][snapback]725472[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling:

Oh swell... that's really comforting. :(

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:42 AM']:rolling:

Oh swell... that's really comforting. :(
[right][snapback]725479[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I thought that would make you feel better.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 10:02 AM']I thought that would make you feel better.
[right][snapback]725515[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, remind me to stay out of West Houston... though I can't imagine under what circumstances I'd find myself there...

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 10:06 AM']Yeah, remind me to stay out of West Houston... though I can't imagine under what circumstances I'd find myself there...
[right][snapback]725521[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No you should aways stay on the east end, better food, nicer people, better drivers, less snoody.

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 01:46 PM']He was 20 years old.

By law, that makes him an adult.
[right][snapback]723210[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That does not make him mature!
:wacko:

Kristina

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:27 AM']Man, I thought this thread was dead and buried.

[right][snapback]725377[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Uh, this took place in Nebraska and Kansas. In those states, if I recall correctly, anyone 12 or older can drive rural machinery on the roads.

Now, I'm not recommending she get a tractor in order to ferry her child back and forth to the doctor's office, but I am pointing out that the driving age has a certain elasticity to it when the local society feels the need is there.

Besides, there are a lot of people who have kids and can't afford cars. They take a bus, a subway, a taxi - they're dependent on adults to take care of them too.

Indeed, all of us are dependent on adults who take care of us.

I'm dependent on the store manager at the SuperWalmart and the Krogers, on my doctor and dentist, on my priest. Paul talks about this in 1 Corinthians 12, I believe, and he approves.

I can't fully take care of my kids. I don't know dentristy, the state won't permit me to prescribe medications, and I can't absolve them of their sins. Does that mean I'm not fully an adult?

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 16 2005, 01:06 PM']That does not make him mature!
:wacko:

Kristina
[right][snapback]725619[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Maturity is subjective and therefore would be very difficult to define by law.

So we go with what the law defines an adults as: age 18 or above.