An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

this group was dying and i just couldn't allow that!

red wings won again! 3-2....the price? steve yzerman. hurt, and may not play for the rest of the year :sadder:

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 17 2005, 11:29 PM']this group was dying and i just couldn't allow that!

red wings won again! 3-2....the price? steve yzerman. hurt, and may not play for the rest of the year :sadder:
[right][snapback]762097[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Some price are too high for any victory.

We feel your pain, and hope Stevie Wonder returns promptly and in full health!

[quote name='PVmelonhead91' date='Oct 17 2005, 01:16 PM']didacus the dark dead u requested has been done. :rip:
[right][snapback]761305[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
HAAHHAAHAHAHAHAH (evil laugh)

Link?!?!?

OK OK OK
PVmelon, next bet?

Tonight both the NewJersey Devils and Montreal are playing.

Best spread between the two wins.

If Montreal wins, you will add to your thread the numbers of all retired players from Montreal, including a brief history of each one.

I NewJersey wins, I will add to your thread highlights of Patrick Roy's career, along with highlights from M.Brodeur's career and post three convincing arguments that Brodeur is the superior goaltender to Patrick Roy.

Sounds like a bet?

Anyone else want a piece of this?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 18 2005, 08:03 AM']Some price are too high for any victory.

We feel your pain, and hope Stevie Wonder returns promptly and in full health!
[right][snapback]762249[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

some prices are too high...this being one of them....as for now i can only pray that steve comes back in good health! :sign:

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:03 AM']some prices are too high...this being one of them....as for now i can only pray that steve comes back in good health! :sign:
[right][snapback]762464[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:bigpray:

On another note, did you see Brett's retirement speech?

He was a golden boy for sure... wonder if a third generation Hull is on the way to the NHL?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:45 PM']
:bigpray:
On another note, did you see Brett's retirement speech?

[/quote]

gah! no! i was working :sadder:

He was a golden boy for sure... wonder if a third generation Hull is on the way to the NHL?
[right][snapback]762506[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hopefully.

PVmelonhead91

ill take that bet if u meant all the montreal players in the hall of fame but a brief history???? you dont have to make arguments just say martin is the best even though hes having a crappy year

[quote name='PVmelonhead91' date='Oct 18 2005, 03:15 PM']ill take that bet if u meant all the montreal players in the hall of fame but a brief history???? you dont have to make arguments just say martin is the best even though hes having a crappy year
[right][snapback]762820[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not the players in the hall-of-fame but those who have thier numbers retired for Montreal. There is about 8 players:

Doug Harvey
Jean Beliveau
Guy Lafleur
Henry Richard (the Pocket!)
Howie Morenz (the only player who statistically, historically and by fame compares to Wayne G.!)

And of course Maurice (the ROCKET!!!)

And a coupld of other. Their history can just be a brief 'sentence' summarizing their exploits, like;

The Rocket: no greater goal scorer and determined player has ever existed.

And Guy Lafleur, aka, 'le Demon Blond', one of the finest speedsters to ever play the game! ect... ect...

So its a bet?

PVmelonhead91

yea its a bet but when u said retired i though u ment just didnt play anymore
your definatly on :starwars:

its a good thing i dont have anymoney or else id spend it all betting on hockey

PVmelonhead91

i see we have tied didacud u are more then a worthy advasary! <_< but wory not i will se too it personally that my freind the grim weaper puts and end to the canadians so called glorious start :reaper: