ardillacid Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 No one in open mic took me seriously I was reading a review of Dawn of the dead and they frowned on the practice of killing potential zombies. what do you think?
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 I would say quarantine them. We don't lynch and slay people who contract other diseases.
Guest T-Bone Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 It is immoral to kill any person (except in war, self-defence, or (in some cases) the death penalty) zombie, potential zombie, or normal person. Note: In Shawn of the Dead, after the intial break-down, the zombies could lead somewhat normal, if unproducative lives.
Guest T-Bone Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 Note: You failed to include "I refuse to speculate" in your poll.
ardillacid Posted November 10, 2005 Author Posted November 10, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:02 AM']I would say quarantine them. We don't lynch and slay people who contract other diseases. [right][snapback]784660[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The situation I was thinking of (dawn of the dead), the people were vastly outnumbered, and quarantining everyone would seem impossible. [quote name='T-Bone' date='Nov 10 2005, 05:37 AM']It is immoral to kill any person (except in war, self-defence, or (in some cases) the death penalty) zombie, potential zombie, or normal person. Note: In Shawn of the Dead, after the intial break-down, the zombies could lead somewhat normal, if unproducative lives. [right][snapback]784701[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Wouldn't this qualifiy as war? (they can still play video games )
philothea Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 I think the state could probably sanction pre-emptive pre-zombie killings. As an individual, I don't think we have the right even to kill zombie-virus infected individuals.
Dreamweaver Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 [quote name='philothea' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:12 PM']I think the state could probably sanction pre-emptive pre-zombie killings. As an individual, I don't think we have the right even to kill zombie-virus infected individuals. [right][snapback]784952[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Would we have the right to kill them as self defense? Would it be proper to deprive them of their sustenance, brains, even if that brain is mine?
philothea Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 [quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:31 PM']Would we have the right to kill them as self defense? Would it be proper to deprive them of their sustenance, brains, even if that brain is mine? [right][snapback]784961[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well... They don't attack until they actually become zombies. I don't think it's self defense until they're actually zombified and going for your brain.
tojo Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 Not until they become Zombies. Maybe you could break their leg beforehand so they would be easily killed after they become Zombified.
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [quote name='philothea' date='Nov 10 2005, 04:25 PM']Well... They don't attack until they actually become zombies. I don't think it's self defense until they're actually zombified and going for your brain. [right][snapback]785037[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yeah, I think you'd would be foolish to just stand there and let a zombie getcha! Chances are, against a zombie, you'd have to put 'em to bed, as it were. not you personally btw. hehe
socalscout Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 06:14 PM']yeah, I think you'd would be foolish to just stand there and let a zombie getcha! Chances are, against a zombie, you'd have to put 'em to bed, as it were. not you personally btw. hehe [right][snapback]785173[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What you do is walk with a limp and a blank stare as if you are a zombie like in "Sean of the dead" then they won't attack and you won't need to kill them.
philothea Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 07:14 PM']yeah, I think you'd would be foolish to just stand there and let a zombie getcha! Chances are, against a zombie, you'd have to put 'em to bed, as it were. not you personally btw. hehe [right][snapback]785173[/snapback][/right] [/quote] No kidding! When the zombies come, I personally intend to emit loud girly screams. I fully expect you men to rush forth and protect all us screaming girls.
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 phasers on maximum. [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/fangorn35/quiz1042outcome1.jpg[/img]
Dreamweaver Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 What are the ethics of making a zombie vaccine? I supposed zombies could be kept in confinement for scientific reasons as long as they are cared for properly. But what would they do for food? Could they survive on monkey or other animals' brains? What if you grew brain tissue in vivo? I suppose if you run the human vaccine trial on consenting adults who clearly understood the risks, it wouldn't be wrong. I'm wondering if the Zombie survival handbook covers these topics. :
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Nov 10 2005, 08:52 PM']What are the ethics of making a zombie vaccine? I supposed zombies could be kept in confinement for scientific reasons as long as they are cared for properly. But what would they do for food? Could they survive on monkey or other animals' brains? What if you grew brain tissue in vivo? I suppose if you run the human vaccine trial on consenting adults who clearly understood the risks, it wouldn't be wrong. I'm wondering if the Zombie survival handbook covers these topics. : [right][snapback]785292[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm sure they could come up with a low calorie imitation brain with splenda or something. kind of a gross subject though..
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 But seriously, the solution to the zombie threat is Jedi Squirrels! [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/fangorn35/ls6om.jpg[/img]
philothea Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 08:33 PM']phasers on maximum. [right][snapback]785268[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh good, I feel much safer now!
StatingTheObvious Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 armadilloonacid, there's a big difference between killing zombies and potential zombies. zombies are already dead. potential zombies aren't. haven't you ever seen monty python? 'i'm not dead yet.' 'shut up, you will be soon' it's polite to wait until they are completely dead then cut off the head.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now