An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charismatic Movement

Guest thalameguy

Ora et Labora

[quote name='XIX' post='1350390' date='Aug 5 2007, 02:49 PM']There is way too much side-taking in the Church. I'm guilty of it too.[/quote]

Me too, unfortunately... :blush:

And Jona...you go! I agree with everything aalpha says.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1350552' date='Aug 5 2007, 06:40 PM']Me too, unfortunately... :blush:

And Jona...you go! I agree with everything aalpha says.[/quote]

(I love your sig! It's beautiful)

Ora et Labora

(Whose...mine? If so, thank you. ^_^ What's weird is, for a month now, I haven't been able to see anyones sigs!! But, I remember what mine is, and I love it too! :) )

brendan1104

St. Benedict,

You remind me so much of myself from the past couple of years. I fell for this hook, line and sinker. All the same propaganda: St. Pius V and Quo Primum, see how nice the SSPX externals are, one day Lefebvre will be canonized, etc.

Again, my questions:

1) Have you ever been, [u]even once[/u], to an SSPX chapel? Or do you just look at their websites?
2) Would your bishop/diocese still accept you as a seminarian if they read your posts?
3) Why aren't you joining SSPX let alone another TLM group?

brendan1104

Aalpha, what I meant is to look up the old threads, read through them and continue the debate or questions there.

As a side note, the Anglicans and Orthodox look really nice too. All the smells and bells, etc.

And now... back on topic. :)

Edited by brendan1104

Ora et Labora

Hi St. Benedict!! :) I would recommend a book called "More Catholic then the Pope" by Patrick Madrid (and I think, also written by Pete Vere. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm not asking you to agree with everything it says right when you read it, but, it made clear a lot of things that were confusing me with SSPX.

It's a very good book, with essential facts.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1350539' date='Aug 5 2007, 06:25 PM']NO. The fruits are Holiness and virtue. The SSPX and Marcel Lefebvre were/are obedient to Jesus Christ and the decree of St. Pius V. They are Catholic! Read from the website of the sspx. Read the letter to Confused Catholics. Everyone, please do this.[/quote]

If Lefebvre WAS obedient to Jesus Christ and the Church, I don't think he would have been excommunicated. I would rather obey The Catholic Church, then a Bishop who was excommunicated for going against the teachings of the Church. I don't know about anyone else, but that's just me...

I hope to visit some SSPX chapels in the next few months. I am looking forward to it.

Why am I not joining the FSSP, SSPX, Institute of Christ the King, etc. now? Money. It would be hard to pay $7000 USD yearly.

brendan1104

You do realize that if your diocese knew what you were writing and planning, they wouldn't accept you as a seminarian or ordain you, right?

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1350612' date='Aug 5 2007, 05:29 PM']I hope to visit some SSPX chapels in the next few months. I am looking forward to it.

Why am I not joining the FSSP, SSPX, Institute of Christ the King, etc. now? Money. It would be hard to pay $7000 USD yearly.[/quote]

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1350473' date='Aug 5 2007, 03:13 PM']Look up St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary from Northern Minnesota. It is a wonderful website. The seminary looks holy - it looks Catholic. Plus, unlike Protestants, Eastern Orthodox, etc., the SSPX does not teach heresy. They are Catholic.

Honestly, I support the canonization of Marcel Lefebvre.[/quote]
The SSPX are like raisinettes.

Sweet on the outside.

Poison on the inside.

brendan1104

Bad argument, I love rasinettes. Lol.

[quote name='XIX' post='1350620' date='Aug 5 2007, 05:36 PM']The SSPX are like raisinettes.

Sweet on the outside.

Poison on the inside.[/quote]

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Don't get involved with the SSPX, or their ideas. from what i understand they are made up of good Folks, many of whom may not even be in schism. they pass on a lie that, unfortunately, appealed to me, and was a large contributing factor of why i lapsed out of Catholicism.
From what ive seen on their website they are also a very puritanical organization.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1350612' date='Aug 5 2007, 07:29 PM']I hope to visit some SSPX chapels in the next few months. I am looking forward to it.

Why am I not joining the FSSP, SSPX, Institute of Christ the King, etc. now? Money. It would be hard to pay $7000 USD yearly.[/quote]

you're not listening at all. i don't mean to be rude, but, we don't really care about your visiting SSPX chapels...and you need to go into the Debate Table if you want to start any disagreements...

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1350623' date='Aug 5 2007, 07:39 PM']Don't get involved with the SSPX, or their ideas. from what i understand they are made up of good Folks, many of whom may not even be in schism. they pass on a lie that, unfortunately, appealed to me, and was a large contributing factor of why i lapsed out of Catholicism.
From what ive seen on their website they are also a very puritanical organization.[/quote]

true Sam. :) but...that doesn't give you a good excuse to leave Catholicism. sorry.