An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Diocese Doesn't Want Me

catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1370042' date='Aug 24 2007, 03:32 PM']I mean to go back to school down the road.[/quote]
I've found that jobs can be quite helpful in that regard.

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1365782' date='Aug 21 2007, 04:53 PM']It's also the VD saying "You're too stupid and have no friends"[/quote]

Others have tackled this I'm sure, but let me give it to you Momma style

1. Welcome to the world. It can be unfair, unjust, and just plain hurt in general. This is the part where you smell of elderberries it up and keep going, or collapse and cry about it. What are you going to do?

2. Acknowledge your pain, your anger, and your mourning. Then move on. Don't dig that pity pit too deep

3. Listen to what other people say. If you don't you WILL make the same mistake over and over.

4. Believe in yourself. If a woman like me can return to college after 25 years, a young man like you better believe he can accomplish anything!

catholicinsd

While I finally got a hold of the Assitant VD on the phone. We needed really so too much, but he did inform me that I should stop my application process. I then ripped the applications up.

TotusTuusMaria

I wish you would not be so angry. It is understandable though. I am praying for you.

"See that you are not suddenly saddened by the adversities of this world, for you do not know the good they bring, being ordained in the judgments of God for the everlasting joy of the elect." - St John of the Cross

"God desires the least degree of obedience and submissiveness more than all those services you think of rendering him." - St John of the Cross

Fr. Solanus Casey was told he was not smart or good enough to hear confessions or adminster the other sacraments. He was only allowed to say Mass. Despite the fact that he wanted desparetly to do those things. It wounded him deeply, but He offered it all up and took what God had given to Him. Fr. Groshel even said that those incidents in Fr. Salonus' life where he was shunned and turned away or sent away disappointed after seeking to do what he felt God had called him too strengthened him. He had a very deep prayer life. He became a mystic and is now in the process of sainthood! All because he trusted in God and made himself little and humble.

St. Faustina was turned away from every convent she went too, but look what he did with her when she offered it up and kept on truckin'! She trusted in Him and he did great, great things with her.

You are being given a chance to increase in the virtue of humility and thus become more like Jesus. You have a chance to become more "little." Please do not give up because of this. Jesus has it all figured out. Just trust in him. You were not seeking primarily to be a priest because you wanted too, but rather because Jesus wanted you too.

I'm very sorry your having to go through this. Keep you head up. Draw closer to Jesus. He doesn't like you being upset. :( And neither do we. Your in my prayers.

catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1370285' date='Aug 24 2007, 10:58 PM']While I finally got a hold of the Assitant VD on the phone. We needed really so too much, but he did inform me that I should stop my application process. I then ripped the applications up.[/quote]
Sorry about his typo. I ment to say:
[quote]Well I fianlly got a hold of the Assitant Vd on the phone. We didn't say to much, but he did inform me, that I should stop my application process.[/quote]

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1370865' date='Aug 26 2007, 01:07 AM']Sorry about his typo. I ment to say:[/quote]

Ah, now I understand. Perhaps if you write him a nice letter asking for his wisdom he'll flesh out the reasons why and that will give you some peace. As others are saying, this is a deep wound but look to other saints who had doors slammed on them. Even Teresa of Avila had it rough. When she was ordered to be Mother Superior of one convent, the nuns ran from door to door determined to keep the officials and her out! The townspeople were in such an uproar they were milling around outside yelling their heads off. Do you know what Teresa did? She sat down, with her statue of Saint Joseph, and was quiet in the midst of all the turmoil. She trusted. When Teresa was able to enter the convent, she soothed the nuns by placing the convent keys into the hands of the statue of The Blessed Virgin. In this way it was known that this convent was not hers, not the nuns, but given to the Blessed Virgin for the greater glory of God.

I think you are at the beginning of your journey and the path has too many unexpected turns for you to see around. Trust, that you too will get where you are mean to be. I urge you to read and learn about Terese of Lisieux [and no it's not just a saint for women] Underneath some of the saccharine form of writing, there is a real spirituality of doing great things for God in your ordinary life.

God Bless!

Mary Kathryn is right. You need to place all your trust in Him. God always provides, not always the way we want but He always does.

Trust Him.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1370995' date='Aug 26 2007, 01:32 PM']Mary Kathryn is right. You need to place all your trust in Him. God always provides, not always the way we want but He always does.

Trust Him.[/quote]

I did, and look where it has gotten me. I am basicly screwed; because I trusted the Lord so much- assumming with His I'd go to the Seminairy next year, I never even entertained what else I should do with my life.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1371137' date='Aug 26 2007, 06:37 PM']I did, and look where it has gotten me. I am basicly screwed; because I trusted the Lord so much- assumming with His I'd go to the Seminairy next year, I never even entertained what else I should do with my life.[/quote]

To be blunt, thats not God's fault, thats your own. The Pham has tried to give you very good advice, and you just seem to be ignoring it and wallowing in your anger and self-pity. I suggest praying, and reconciling with God. He's upset that you are mad with him. He wants you back.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1371137' date='Aug 26 2007, 04:37 PM']I did, and look where it has gotten me. I am basicly screwed; because I trusted the Lord so much- assumming with His I'd go to the Seminairy next year, I never even entertained what else I should do with my life.[/quote]

I can understand that you're feeling down, but consider well that we ALL face disappointments- even the greatest saints did. Take a look at your signature, "Pray, hope, and don't worry." You're still alive, so you can't stop trusting and hoping in the Lord. I know it sounds totally cheesy, but this it's true what they say: God never closes one door without opening another. Pray, hope, and look out for open doors.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1371137' date='Aug 26 2007, 05:37 PM']I did, and look where it has gotten me. I am basicly screwed; because I trusted the Lord so much- assumming with His I'd go to the Seminairy next year, I never even entertained what else I should do with my life.[/quote]

+

That's not trust -that's treating God like a candy machine -insert prayer, press button, receive chosen item. LOL
His plans are SO much bigger and SO much better! I know it's tough CSD, but it WILL work out for the best! Take comfort! This is an awesome opportunity for growth and wow, have you ever received a lot of good support here -even though some of it has been tough, it's definitely loving!

God Bless,
V

p.s. pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy -it will help to put your soul right!

Have you looked at Magdalene college? Start studying philosophy somewhere solid in the spring and enjoy this semester working, volunteering, loving.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Veritas' post='1371162' date='Aug 26 2007, 06:55 PM']Have you looked at Magdalene college? Start studying philosophy somewhere solid in the spring and enjoy this semester working, volunteering, loving.[/quote]

I'm a Senior now, but I still think I got a raw deal.

ok, I know you're upset and I hate to be rude. But, if you were one of my kids I'd say "knock it off. go to college, grow up, and look for more ways to serve the Lord."

linnie

catholicinsd

I'm not reall mad at God, I'm at the VD's. And I wouldn't even call this emotion anger, its more of feeling of hopelessness, and being lost.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1371178' date='Aug 26 2007, 07:26 PM']I'm not reall mad at God, I'm at the VD's. And I wouldn't even call this emotion anger, its more of feeling of hopelessness, and being lost.[/quote]

+

To be hopeless, is to turn one's back on God! There's LOTS of reason for hope! Primarily, he's in charge and he knows what's best for you and he loves you!