An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Being A Stay At Home Mom Worth Anything?

apparent

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1447903' date='Jan 19 2008, 06:52 PM']er, not true.

(hot stuff dug the threads up before moi)[/quote]

(Gotta say Angel... LOVE the new avatar!!)

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1447911' date='Jan 20 2008, 01:00 AM'](Gotta say Angel... LOVE the new avatar!!)[/quote]

Thankies. 'Twas time for a change. I thought it may seem a bit 'emo-ish' at first but I think it works.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1447901' date='Jan 19 2008, 07:50 PM']Right

except [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74230&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74099&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74445&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74749&hl="]here[/url]

and of course your recent [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=76330&hl="]cat struggles[/url]

I don't know... if 20% of all your topics deal with life issues, does that constitute a blather?[/quote]

Wow becuase I talk about things like cats and not eating meat or going to grad school thats on par with real heavy-duty life questions like if I messed up my kids or not?

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1447947' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:35 PM']They're all 'life issues'.[/quote]

They are more like day-to-day life issues, rather than a serious issue about life and wasted 20+ years. Its like comparing a puppy mill to an abortion mill.

what about the whole 'I don't want to go to XYZ because my friend will think I'm copying her and it will ruin my life if she sabotages me'?

Maybe, if you're not going to add something constructive to this thread, you should scamper off.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447950' date='Jan 19 2008, 11:07 PM']Its like comparing a puppy mill to an abortion mill.[/quote]

This thread looked like a total disaster, yet it brought about the greatest analogy of all time.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447950' date='Jan 19 2008, 07:37 PM']They are more like day-to-day life issues, rather than a serious issue about life and wasted 20+ years. Its like comparing a puppy mill to an abortion mill.[/quote]

So blathering on this site about pointless self absorbed inane life issues is preferable to serious ones?

I think you're missing the point of the site.

[quote name='apparent' post='1447913' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:02 PM']“Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.”
Proverbs 26:20.[/quote]

Someone has to make life interesting. Disagreement is part of life. You should be accustomed to disagreement with your track record.

If you've already lost one kid you'd better make sure that you're a heck of alot nicer to the other, becuase you'll loose him/her too. Though it sounds like they are already gone. Too bad for you.

Yo, back off. Seriously.

Also, stop criticising other peoples' grammar and spelling when your own is far from perfect.

Btw, how many kids do you have?

Edited by Noel's angel

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1447953' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:39 PM']what about the whole 'I don't want to go to XYZ because my friend will think I'm copying her and it will ruin my life if she sabotages me'?

Maybe, if you're not going to add something constructive to this thread, you should scamper off.[/quote]

Or I can stay. Its a free country. Well, at least the one I live in.

Meh, I delt with her. Lets just say that if she pulls anything, it won't be pretty for the either of us. So it took more than a day...but still...day to day stuff...its a normal thing that most people my age face.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1447956' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:42 PM']So blathering on this site about pointless self absorbed inane life issues is preferable to serious ones?

I think you're missing the point of the site.[/quote]

Actually, annoying friends, annoying pets and food questions are more on par with what the general population of phatmassers are going through than having trouble with their adult children. I mean I know C-mom has college-age children but how many others here do. Median age is what 16-25? Obviously if you have a college age person you don't fall into that age range.

Catholic answers, with many 35-50 yo's or an outright psychology site would be more appropriate for the opening poster

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1447959' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:45 PM']Yo, back off. Seriously.

Also, stop criticising other peoples' grammar and spelling when your own is far from perfect.[/quote]

I'm not contradicting spelling. I'm a poor speller and I know it. But I also know how to write clearly in English, its not too much to expect others to do the same.

[quote]Btw, how many kids do you have?[/quote]

Thats none of your business.

Edited by Autumn Dusk

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447962' date='Jan 19 2008, 07:49 PM']Or I can stay. Its a free country. Well, at least the one I live in.

Meh, I delt with her. Lets just say that if she pulls anything, it won't be pretty for the either of us. So it took more than a day...but still...day to day stuff...its a normal thing that most people my age face.
Actually, annoying friends, annoying pets and food questions are more on par with what the general population of phatmassers are going through than having trouble with their adult children. I mean I know C-mom has college-age children but how many others here do. Median age is what 16-25? Obviously if you have a college age person you don't fall into that age range.

Catholic answers, with many 35-50 yo's or an outright psychology site would be more appropriate for the opening poster[/quote]

Huh

So you've figured that out after 300 or so posts?

Do you know how many moms we have on the site?

Do you know how many of them stay home full time?

What is really more appropriate would be for you to comment on threads that you know something about. Instead of criticizing about a topic that you don't have the first clue about.

The point is, you have NO right to say whether or not someone can post about a certain topic. Nor do you have the right to immediately judge and harshly criticise that person.

(hot stuff, we're really sharing a brain today...)

Edited by Noel's angel