Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Being A Stay At Home Mom Worth Anything?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Why, as an adult, are you asking this of a teen web-board and not a real life counceller or friends?
I can see the excuse of teens needing resources and ideas, and coming to a board with personal issues, but an adult?
maybe you just weren't good parents.
It seems like you we're home much to even build a relationship, so how would you really know what your kids think?
Maybe your kids gained incite on how the real world works.

Ash Wednesday
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447851' date='Jan 19 2008, 06:11 PM']Why, as an adult, are you asking this of a teen web-board and not a real life counceller or friends?
I can see the excuse of teens needing resources and ideas, and coming to a board with personal issues, but an adult?
maybe you just weren't good parents.
It seems like you we're home much to even build a relationship, so how would you really know what your kids think?
Maybe your kids gained incite on how the real world works.[/quote]

Wow.

Just wow.

I'm actually speechless. I guess my week's board rage quota was met in the Dottie Poage/death penalty thread.

Open Mic isn't a teen web board. If he asked this on Creepy Aliens, yeah, you could say that. But there are people of various ages here, and a lot of them are parents.

Maybe they asked on here because they wanted to get some insight anonymously.

Edited by Ash Wednesday
Posted (edited)

This is a teen board????

Dang! I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too old to be here then!

:hehe:

Get over it. This was the perfect place to ask that question.

I think the kicker about your post, is that according to your profile, you are not a teen either....

Edited by prose
Posted

[quote]I think the kicker about your post, is that according to your profile, you are not a teen either....[/quote]

ergo, I don't go blathering my life issues all over the board.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447851' date='Jan 19 2008, 06:11 PM']Why, as an adult, are you asking this of a teen web-board and not a real life counceller or friends?
I can see the excuse of teens needing resources and ideas, and coming to a board with personal issues, but an adult?
maybe you just weren't good parents.
It seems like you we're home much to even build a relationship, so how would you really know what your kids think?
Maybe your kids gained incite on how the real world works.[/quote]



your argument apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises. a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true. Being A Stay At Home Mom Worthless in your opinion, then?

Posted

[quote]your argument apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises. a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true. Being A Stay At Home Mom Worthless in your opinion, then?[/quote]

Its apparent you've spent much time working and little time with an English grammar textbook. Your sentence seems to contain more illogical insults than it does an argument.

Is a stay at home mom worthless?
No, of course not, but it is NOT for every family, not every mom who wants to do it. Parents need to work as a unit, not as one unit moneymaker and one unit care taker.

My conclusion is that you obviously have some serious problems on your hands, and you need to consider more than the thought that somehow your kids are acting unjustly wronged, and they were, indeed, wronged. We are on the internet, you can say anything about you and your spouses' parenting skills but I am not required to believe it.

Sure, good parents can end up with children who go the wrong way, but I'm saying, for the sake of my own skepticism that maybe you DID do something wrong, having nothing to do with how much money you made, or how long you or your spouse spent with your children.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447886' date='Jan 19 2008, 06:22 PM']Its apparent you've spent much time working and little time with an English grammar textbook. Your sentence seems to contain more illogical insults than it does an argument.

Is a stay at home mom worthless?
No, of course not, but it is NOT for every family, not every mom who wants to do it. Parents need to work as a unit, not as one unit moneymaker and one unit care taker.

My conclusion is that you obviously have some serious problems on your hands, and you need to consider more than the thought that somehow your kids are acting unjustly wronged, and they were, indeed, wronged. We are on the internet, you can say anything about you and your spouses' parenting skills but I am not required to believe it.

Sure, good parents can end up with children who go the wrong way, but I'm saying, for the sake of my own skepticism that maybe you DID do something wrong, having nothing to do with how much money you made, or how long you or your spouse spent with your children.[/quote]
Or, despite the best efforts, things still went wrong. Parents are not completely in control of their children. I've seen it with my own brother. Three of us have, thus far, turned out just fine. He, on the other hand, is WAY out there. I spent a summer telling my mom that she was not actually a failure, just because he did not turn out how she hoped. I'm sure that Apparent doesn't believe that he and his wife were perfect parents, I don't think any parent ever does.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447877' date='Jan 19 2008, 05:54 PM']ergo, I don't go blathering my life issues all over the board.[/quote]

Right

except [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74230&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74099&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74445&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74749&hl="]here[/url]

and of course your recent [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=76330&hl="]cat struggles[/url]

I don't know... if 20% of all your topics deal with life issues, does that constitute a blather?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447877' date='Jan 19 2008, 11:54 PM']ergo, I don't go blathering my life issues all over the board.[/quote]

er, not true.

(hot stuff dug the threads up before moi)

Edited by Noel's angel
Posted

I haven't been a teen in several decades, thankfully. I think the topic of making the decision to sacrifice to be a stay at home mom is a very appropriate topic for this forum. All parents are confronted with thousands of these decisions. We also second guess ourselves constantly. Parenting is one of the hardest things we ever have to face, and only someone who has never been through it would react in such an uncharitable way to another person's pain.

Posted

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1447903' date='Jan 19 2008, 06:52 PM']er, not true.

(hot stuff dug the threads up before moi)[/quote]

(Gotta say Angel... LOVE the new avatar!!)

Posted

“Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.”
Proverbs 26:20.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1447911' date='Jan 20 2008, 01:00 AM'](Gotta say Angel... LOVE the new avatar!!)[/quote]

Thankies. 'Twas time for a change. I thought it may seem a bit 'emo-ish' at first but I think it works.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1447901' date='Jan 19 2008, 07:50 PM']Right

except [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74230&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74099&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74445&hl="]here[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=74749&hl="]here[/url]

and of course your recent [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=76330&hl="]cat struggles[/url]

I don't know... if 20% of all your topics deal with life issues, does that constitute a blather?[/quote]


Wow becuase I talk about things like cats and not eating meat or going to grad school thats on par with real heavy-duty life questions like if I messed up my kids or not?

Posted

They're all 'life issues'.

Posted

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1447947' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:35 PM']They're all 'life issues'.[/quote]

They are more like day-to-day life issues, rather than a serious issue about life and wasted 20+ years. Its like comparing a puppy mill to an abortion mill.

Posted

what about the whole 'I don't want to go to XYZ because my friend will think I'm copying her and it will ruin my life if she sabotages me'?

Maybe, if you're not going to add something constructive to this thread, you should scamper off.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447950' date='Jan 19 2008, 11:07 PM']Its like comparing a puppy mill to an abortion mill.[/quote]

This thread looked like a total disaster, yet it brought about the greatest analogy of all time.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1447950' date='Jan 19 2008, 07:37 PM']They are more like day-to-day life issues, rather than a serious issue about life and wasted 20+ years. Its like comparing a puppy mill to an abortion mill.[/quote]


So blathering on this site about pointless self absorbed inane life issues is preferable to serious ones?

I think you're missing the point of the site.

Posted

[quote name='apparent' post='1447913' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:02 PM']“Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.”
Proverbs 26:20.[/quote]


Someone has to make life interesting. Disagreement is part of life. You should be accustomed to disagreement with your track record.

If you've already lost one kid you'd better make sure that you're a heck of alot nicer to the other, becuase you'll loose him/her too. Though it sounds like they are already gone. Too bad for you.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...