An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Being A Stay At Home Mom Worth Anything?

apparent

It's the old thing of 'the grass is always greener on the other side.' No parent is perfect, and no child is perfect. Something in us always looks for something 'better'.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1448523' date='Jan 20 2008, 05:54 PM']Meh, I don't mind that you all know nothing about me...whatever works for you.[/quote]

Your logic is contradictory.

Oh really, give over.

Anyways...

My mum worked up until I was in secondary school, and I'm glad that I had her at home. People often tell us that they envy our close relationship. The downside is that sometimes it feels like we're TOO close. I need my space!

There's always going to be bad points about every parent-child relationship. Children often don't appreciate what their parents' have done for them until they are parents themselves. I think, with some reflection, every child with loving parents will be able to say, 'I had a mum and dad who cared deeply for me, and although they weren't perfect, they did their best.'

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1448548' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:12 PM']I'm more a part of this thread than you could ever fathom[/quote]

Could you please take your "I'm Mensa therefore I'm smarter than you, let me treat you like dirt. I have a crappy past therefore none of your problems matter" attitude and get out of this thread. We honestly want to help this person. If you have something valid to offer, please do so. But you are causing harm. Not the purpose of a Catholic forum such as this.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1448556' date='Jan 20 2008, 07:17 PM']Could you please take your "I'm Mensa therefore I'm smarter than you, let me treat you like dirt. I have a crappy past therefore none of your problems matter" attitude and get out of this thread. We honestly want to help this person. If you have something valid to offer, please do so. But you are causing harm. Not the purpose of a Catholic forum such as this.[/quote]

Meh, you think what you want. And I'm not in Mensa becuase they're not for me, atleast the people I met when I took the test. Its not worth the dues.

I never said no one else's problems mattered. Someone quoted my own posts and I said they didn't matter. Gee gosh oh wow...I said my posts were just lame day-to-day stuff that doesn't matter. I didn't attack any one else's problems except that of the op who opened themselves up to criticism.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1448539' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:06 PM']In my life I found greener grass...actually i found grass....and I'm living it and enjoying it.[/quote]

yes, your green grass and overwhelming joy are apparent in the way you are so bitter towards strangers.

Obviously you still have some anger and resentment to work out. Good luck with that.

Edited by Alycin

[quote name='Alycin' post='1448576' date='Jan 20 2008, 07:58 PM']yes, your green grass and overwhelming joy is apparent in the way you are so bitter towards strangers.

Obviously you still have some anger and resentment to work out. Good luck with that.[/quote]

meh, how little you know about things.

[quote name='apparent' post='1447544' date='Jan 18 2008, 05:25 PM']I wonder if raising my kids in the traditional way was worth all the grief. Of my four grown up offspring two (in college) have no appreciation of the way or in my opinion blessing they enjoyed growing up with there mom there 24/7.
I admit working two jobs didn’t allow much time to be there for them, but my wife made up for that (I thought).
Maybe I should have hired babysitters and let the wife work, we would have had a lot more luxuries, a college fund, and could have vacationed (Disneyland), and something we hardly ever did by the way.
I really think our lifestyle choice was a mistake.[/quote]

My dad worked constantly also, the entire time I was growing up. He wanted us to have everything. I am very thankful, even though I missed him immensely during all those years.

It just takes, like others have said, a certain level of maturity for adult children to be able to realize that their parents did the very best they could and as much as they were physically, financially, and emotionally capable of at the time.

*hugs*

Don't worry. I figured it out. Your children will too, in time.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1448577' date='Jan 20 2008, 07:00 PM']meh, how little you know about things.[/quote]

How wonderfully ironic

[quote name='Luthien' post='1448606' date='Jan 20 2008, 08:36 PM']Take your family feud somewhere else then. Geesh. :mellow:[/quote]

Tell that to the OP