An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Year Old Killed Because Of Homosexuality

doe-jo

[quote]updated 1:06 p.m. PT, Fri., March. 28, 2008

OXNARD, Calif. - Larry King was a gay eighth-grader who used to come to school in makeup, high heels and earrings. And when the other boys made fun of him, he would boldly tease them right back by flirting with them.

That may have been what got him killed.

On Feb. 12, another student, Brandon McInerney, 14, shot him twice in the head at the back of the computer lab at their junior high school, police say.[/quote]

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23847511/"]Article[/url]

:sign:

I think that both of the boys need our prayers now... Both too young to really know the implications of what they are doing, both too young to have developed a sense of themselves that isn't purely cultural. There are four parents here that should be also prayed for I think.

How does everyone here see it?

(I thought you couldn't use names of individuals under 19 in the States?)

melporcristo

JMJ

This is so sad. It is also fitting that today we are supposed to pray for those in Purgatory today for the Divine Mercy novena.
[i]For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.[/i]

There are very few of the people I grew up with, who are all in their middle 40's now, who are doing now, are the people now, that they thought they were going to be when they were 12-14 years old. I wonder about the boy's parents. Why would they let him go to school dressed like that? I'm all for letting kids express themselves, but letting them make themselves a target is stupid.

I'm sure the media will use this to condemn those of us who are against homosexuality now...

Prayers. That's really sad. Cross-dressing should not be permitted in schools though.

J.M. + J.T.

Reminds me of a story Ellen DeGeneres told on her show about a younger boy who was stabbed (if I remember correctly) by a male classmate who he asked to be his Valentine.

My prayers for the two boys mentioned.

Violence is never the answer to social problems, but the Vatican did warn some years ago that the legitimization of deviant "lifestyles" would most likely lead to an increase in violence against those who promote disordered conditions and immoral behavior as normal:

[quote]CDF NOTIFICATION: SOME CONSIDERATIONS CONCERNING THE RESPONSE TO LEGISLATIVE PROPOSALS ON THE NON-DISCRIMINATION OF HOMOSEXUAL PERSONS

It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the church's pastors wherever it occurs. It reveals a kind of disregard for others which endangers the most fundamental principles of a healthy society. The intrinsic dignity of each person must always be respected in word, in action and in law.

But the proper reaction to crimes committed against homosexual persons should not be to claim that the homosexual condition is not disordered. When such a claim is made and when homosexual activity is consequently condoned, or when civil legislation is introduced to protect behavior to which no one has any conceivable right, neither the church nor society at large should be surprised when other distorted notions and practices gain ground, and irrational and violent reactions increase.[/quote]

Edited by Apotheoun

I'm sad that violence was used, but the consoling part is that some boys are not being passive about this offense against natural law. They need to find a constructive way to deal with their frustration, but the fact that they HAVE frustration about the affront against their masculinity is a good sign to me. It's just really sad that this one boy took it so far as to kill someone.