An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Year Old Killed Because Of Homosexuality

doe-jo

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489223' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:11 PM']Well that's I made out of it.[/quote]

Then I shall clarify:

I think it is good when boys see that something is WRONG with homosexual behavior, and are not just passive about it. I think it's healthy for a boy to look at that behavior and be frustrated, because it's a frustration of natural masculinity. I never said that I wished violence to come from his frustration - in fact I said the opposite. What I had in mind as a healthy outlet for the frustration was activism to educate men about real masculinity, or prayer, or something along those (positive) lines.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1489227' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:13 PM']I think he meant to say that it's good to be offended by immorality... but not to react to the offense with immoral behavior.[/quote]

That's what [b]she[/b] meant in a nutshell.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1489232' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:14 PM']Then I shall clarify:

I think it is good when boys see that something is WRONG with homosexual behavior, and are not just passive about it. I think it's healthy for a boy to look at that behavior and be frustrated, because it's a frustration of natural masculinity. I never said that I wished violence to come from his frustration - in fact I said the opposite. What I had in mind as a healthy outlet for the frustration was activism to educate men about real masculinity, or prayer, or something along those (positive) lines.[/quote]

Do you think its wrong to bash homosexaulity in the after-math of a hate crime like this?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489251' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:20 PM']Do you think its wrong to bash homosexaulity in the after-math of a hate crime like this?[/quote]
You do see a difference in bashing (or at least being against) homosexu[i]ality[/i] and bashing homosexual PEOPLE, right?

catholicinsd

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1489267' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:25 PM']You do see a difference in bashing (or at least being against) homosexu[i]ality[/i] and bashing homosexual PEOPLE, right?[/quote]

Well, in the aftermath of a hate crime like this, you can't seperate the two.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489273' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:28 PM']Well, in the aftermath of a hate crime like this, you can't seperate the two.[/quote]
I beg to differ. You should always be able to see the inherent value of a human being, as all humans are direct expressions of God's love. You should also, however, always be able to see the inherent sinfulness of homosexual actions and expressions as direct offenses to God's law and in turn His infinite love. The fact that a hate crime has been committed doesn't change those fact.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489273' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:28 AM']Well, in the aftermath of a hate crime like this, you can't seperate the two.[/quote]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1489291' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:39 AM']I beg to differ. You should always be able to see the inherent value of a human being, as all humans are direct expressions of God's love. You should also, however, always be able to see the inherent sinfulness of homosexual actions and expressions as direct offenses to God's law and in turn His infinite love. The fact that a hate crime has been committed doesn't change those fact.[/quote]

Yes... in fact, that is -apparently- why this crime occurred: an inability to distinguish the behavior (contrary to natural law) from the human person (created in the image of God).

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1489227' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:13 AM']I think he meant to say that it's good to be offended by immorality... but not to react to the offense with immoral behavior.[/quote]

Thats what I got out of her post, too.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489069' date='Mar 30 2008, 07:24 PM']Yeah, let's use the death of a child to once again bash the homosexuals.[/quote]

[quote name='Knight of the Holy Rosary' post='1489150' date='Mar 30 2008, 08:37 PM']Where has anyone done that in this thread?[/quote]

Kindly ignore the troll.

catholicinsd

You people need to show respect for the dead child. Now isn't the time to bash the sinner or the sin of homosexuality.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489273' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:28 PM']Well, in the aftermath of a hate crime like this, you can't seperate the two.[/quote]
Your posts like these make my day. :hehehe:

catholicinsd

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1489429' date='Mar 31 2008, 09:50 AM']Your posts like these make my day. :hehehe:[/quote]
Again, let's try to show some respect for the kid.

It's quite sad that someone needs to remind of this, Nord.

Respect [i]was[/i] shown for the young man in question.

That doesn't mean that the sin of homosexuality cannot be discussed. Or does that concept offend your liberal "sensibilities"?

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489444' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:02 AM']Respect [i]was[/i] shown for the young man in question.[/quote]

And since it was shown-briefly you can disrepect him, and other homosexuals all you want.

Deus te Amat

[quote]Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven.[/quote]

Luke 6:37

Perhaps you should take some of your own words to heart, CinSD. You are doing to these men and women exactly what you say they did to this young man. Do not try to take the splinter out of their eye until you have first taken the plank out of your own.

I'm not judging. Just trying to help by using the words of Jesus. :)