An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Year Old Killed Because Of Homosexuality

doe-jo

catholicinsd

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1489452' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:26 AM']Perhaps you should take some of your own words to heart, CinSD. You are doing to these men and women exactly what you say they did to this young man. Do not try to take the splinter out of their eye until you have first taken the plank out of your own.[/quote]

I'm not condeming a dead person, like these people.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489450' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:22 AM']And since it was shown-briefly you can disrespect him, and other homosexuals all you want.[/quote]

So we should throw out Catholic teaching, and "affirm" these sins, putting not just the souls of those with SSA in danger of eternal damnation, but ours as well?

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489454' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:29 AM']I'm not condeming a dead person, like these people.[/quote]

Who on this board condemned him?

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489456' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:30 AM']So we should throw out Catholic teaching, and "affirm" these sins, putting not just the souls of those with SSA in danger of eternal damnation, but ours as well?[/quote]

Yea, let's try and save ourselves, because that's the Catholic thing to do.

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489457' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:33 AM']Who on this board condemned him?[/quote]

T-Bone and TT, amoung others are using the 'blame the victim' philosohy to defend the murderer.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489458' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:35 AM']Yea, let's try and save ourselves, because that's the Catholic thing to do.[/quote]

Yes, saving our own soul at the expense of a secular liberal philosophy is the Catholic thing to do?

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489460' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:40 AM']T-Bone and TT, amoung others are using the 'blame the victim' philosohy to defend the murderer.[/quote]

Can you read above a first grade level?

Seriously-where did I even hint at blaming the victim?

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489461' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:42 AM']Seriously-where did I even hint at blaming the victim?[/quote]

Well, you're acting in an extremely uncharity manner to the poor boy who died. You're using this thread to condem homosexuality more the you're condeming the far greater sin of murder.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489467' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:50 AM']Well, you're acting in an extremely uncharity manner to the poor boy who died. You're using this thread to condem homosexuality more the you're condeming the far greater sin of murder.[/quote]

1) More than condemning the sin of homosexuality, I am defending those who have condemned it.

[b]That does not equal blaming the sinner[/b]

2) I have not once said anything uncharitable about the young man who was murdered.

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489471' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:55 AM']1) More than condemning the sin of homosexuality, I am defending those who have condemned it.

2) I have not once said anything uncharitable about the young man who was murdered.[/quote]

So basically you're defending this hate crime.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489473' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:59 AM']So basically you're defending this hate crime.[/quote]

Once again, I have to ask: Does your reading comprehension exceed that of a first grader? You didn't answer the first time.

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489474' date='Mar 31 2008, 11:01 AM']Once again, I have to ask: Does your reading comprehension exceed that of a first grader? You didn't answer the first time.[/quote]

I'm fairly certain my reading ability is higher than yours.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489476' date='Mar 31 2008, 09:05 AM']I'm fairly certain my reading ability is higher than yours.[/quote]

What gives you that idea? (Aside from the fact that you can't even tell what anyone in this thread is saying.)

Autumn Dusk

One of the things that this brings up, and has even been an issue for me, is when homosexuals hit on straight people, or when anyone hits on anyone, and the advance is unwanted.
In my case the girl was hitting on me, and other girls in my dorm, even going so far as to slap one girl's butt. It took a whole group of us to have the confidence to go to administration, and we're mature collge students, more comfortable with our own sexuality. Its such a difficult issue.
Part of homosexuality, is especally offensive to men, a boy who's hit on feels all sorts of things, and at tender teenage years they don't know how to handle it. What needs to be done is an ability of society to accept that men have the right not to be hit on. With that and the combination of disordered sexuality and association, this is a tragedy that was just waiting to happen. As a society we give a guy little resources to deal with being a straight man with a homosexual attracted to you. And an idea still prevelant in society is not only to not ask for help to adults about this, but even to peers. And homosexuals are taught it's ok to be flamboyant and hit on whomever they want.

I'm not saying this guy was justified. I'm not trying to blame the victim. But they were two kids on a collision course.

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1489478' date='Mar 31 2008, 11:10 AM']What gives you that idea? (Aside from the fact that you can't even tell what anyone in this thread is saying.)[/quote]

Why are you trying defend this hate crime?

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1489479' date='Mar 31 2008, 03:11 PM']One of the things that this brings up, and has even been an issue for me, is when homosexuals hit on straight people, or when anyone hits on anyone, and the advance is unwanted.
In my case the girl was hitting on me, and other girls in my dorm, even going so far as to slap one girl's butt. It took a whole group of us to have the confidence to go to administration, and we're mature collge students, more comfortable with our own sexuality. Its such a difficult issue.
Part of homosexuality, is especally offensive to men, a boy who's hit on feels all sorts of things, and at tender teenage years they don't know how to handle it. What needs to be done is an ability of society to accept that men have the right not to be hit on. With that and the combination of disordered sexuality and association, this is a tragedy that was just waiting to happen. As a society we give a guy little resources to deal with being a straight man with a homosexual attracted to you. And an idea still prevelant in society is not only to not ask for help to adults about this, but even to peers. And homosexuals are taught it's ok to be flamboyant and hit on whomever they want.

I'm not saying this guy was justified. I'm not trying to blame the victim. But they were two kids on a collision course.[/quote]
I think you're on the mark here.