An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Year Old Killed Because Of Homosexuality

doe-jo

catholicinsd

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1489487' date='Mar 31 2008, 11:29 AM']I think you're on the mark here.[/quote]

I think your both trying to justify the hate crime.

Vincent Vega

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head, Autumn. I'm not trying to make blanket statements, because I do have homosexuals in my family whom I'm close to and love very much, but I've found that there are many homosexuals who, if straight people (straight males in particular) acted as they did, there would be labeled as 'chauvinistic', 'brutish', etc. Because society has become so afraid of offending anyone, I think you were very accurate in this statement:
[quote]And homosexuals are taught it's ok to be flamboyant and hit on whomever they want.[/quote]
And again, so my words and meaning don't get twisted - I did say MANY, and not MOST or ALL. It's simply a trend I've picked up upon.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489493' date='Mar 31 2008, 03:52 PM']I think your both trying to justify the hate crime.[/quote]
Please do not insult me, or others here, by stating that we are somehow for, or at least justifying, this hate crime. It is unbecoming, uncharitable, and untrue.

Autumn clearly stated that she was not justifying the crime, simply showing that there are things in society that need to be changed so that people know how to appropriately respond in such situations. I happen to agree with her that, unless people are taught how to appropriately, nonviolently, respond to situations like this, these things will continue to happen.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489200' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:00 AM']Well It's failry obvious it was a hate crime.[/quote]
No it not. Nothing will be obvious until a motive is established. Jumping to conclusions just because of the porported sexuality issues of the victim doesn't make a case.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1489498' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:04 PM']Please do not insult me, or others here, by stating that we are somehow for, or at least justifying, this hate crime. It is unbecoming, uncharitable, and untrue.[/quote]

You're using the death of a child to again spew anti-homosexual sentiments.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489200' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:00 AM']Well It's failry obvious it was a hate crime.[/quote]
Again, it is only obvious in your mind and homosexual lobby.
Until the boy says the reason we just don't know.

catholicinsd

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1489507' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:14 PM']Again, it is only obvious in your mind and homosexual lobby.
Until the boy says the reason we just don't know.[/quote]

We know it was a hate crime. You know it. You just don't wanna admit it was onebecause makes gay-bashing alot harder.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489506' date='Mar 31 2008, 01:14 PM']You're using the death of a child to again spew anti-homosexual sentiments.[/quote]
You have misrepresented every logical comment in this thread to justify your feelings instead of actual facts. You consistantly refuse to get past your emotions and post the first comment you can think of, instead of actually thinking about discussion and then posting. Now instead of posting the first thing that comes to your mind go back and read the thread and see nobody has condemned anybody, but has pointed out
a] we don't have the facts because they have not be published.
b] we haven't condemned anyone for the sin of homosexuality
c] or bashed the victim.

catholicinsd

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1489515' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:22 PM']You have misrepresented every logical comment in this thread to justify your feelings instead of actual facts. You consistantly refuse to get past your emotions and post the first comment you can think of, instead of actually thinking about discussion and then posting. Now instead of posting the first thing that comes to your mind go back and read the thread and see nobody has condemned anybody, but has pointed out
a] we don't have the facts because they have not be published.
b] we haven't condemned anyone for the sin of homosexuality
c] or bashed the victim.[/quote]

The fact that you are so ignorant to the fact that this was a hate-crime is not respectful to Larry.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489519' date='Mar 31 2008, 11:26 AM']The fact that you are so ignorant to the fact that this was a hate-crime is not respectful to Larry.[/quote]
Now you're on a first name basis with the victim? :blink:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489519' date='Mar 31 2008, 01:26 PM']The fact that you are so ignorant to the fact that this was a hate-crime is not respectful to Larry.[/quote]
There is NO PROOF YET that IT WAS A HATE CRIME.
What part of this don't you get?.
Until motive is established and tried by law, not just on popular opinion.

I think that it is interesting that immediately when one says something against homosexuality, it is construed as "bashing". I am against murder, but no one calls me a "murder basher", I am against promiscuity, but no one calls me a "basher" of promiscuous people.

Why is it when we hold up our beliefs (that we consider to be Truth), we are immediately labeled as bashers?? That is so frustrating to me.

As to this case, I hope the offenders get tried as adults if this is a case of rage against a person simply because they are gay. At 14 years old, most children are old enough to understand that holding a gun to someone's head and pulling the trigger will cause death. This is equally as bad as killing someone because they are atheist, or a kleptomaniac, or some other compulsion that is not natural. It is wrong, sinful, and punishable by legal means. These children are murderers. Period. (I mean this is assuming that the boy was killed because of his homosexuality)

On a separate note, if he was killed because he was "coming on to" men who were not interested, would this be on the same level as killing a man who is coming onto a woman who is not interested? Murder because of harassment (not that it would make it right, but it certainly would not be a hate crime)? Where was the school in all of this? Can we honestly believe not a single teacher had any inkling that there was a problem??

Edited by prose

catholicinsd

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1489536' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:43 PM']There is NO PROOF YET that IT WAS A HATE CRIME.
What part of this don't you get?.
Until motive is established and tried by law, not just on popular opinion.[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_School_shooting#cite_note-3"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_Sc...ing#cite_note-3[/url]

Vincent Vega

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489613' date='Mar 31 2008, 01:14 PM'][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_School_shooting#cite_note-3"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_Sc...ing#cite_note-3[/url][/quote]
How interesting that, in that article, are quotes from two democratic presidential candidates. This is interesting because, many here are allegedly using this boy's death as an occasion for 'homosexual bashing', yet it would appear that these two candidates are exploiting it to gain support from a certain demographic. I quote Mr. Obama:
[quote]It’s also an urgent reminder that we need to do more in our schools to foster tolerance and an acceptance of diversity; that we must enact a federal hate crimes law that protects all LGBT Americans;...[/quote]
Hmm...how intriguing that nothing has been said about this disaster as a platform for making Democratic campaign advances...