An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Year Old Killed Because Of Homosexuality

doe-jo

cmotherofpirl

THe national news stories have said specifically that no motive was given by the boy. People kill people daily over many issues, it might have nothing to do with his supposed sexuality.

Vincent Vega

Gosh, so many problems with everything that went on there...it's a true shame it culminated in tragedy. I want to know, though, why any respectable parents (or any parents [i]period[/i]) would allow their child to dress like that.
And cmum, good point.
[quote]Yeah, let's use the death of a child to once again bash the homosexuals.[/quote]
Ehm...what?

catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489069' date='Mar 30 2008, 09:24 PM']Yeah, let's use the death of a child to once again bash the homosexuals.[/quote]

TT and Cmom could use some tact.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489184' date='Mar 30 2008, 09:54 PM']TT and Cmom could use some tact.[/quote]
TT, maybe, but I fail to see how Cmom wasn't tactful. She did bring up a valid point.

catholicinsd

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1489189' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:56 PM']TT, maybe, but I fail to see how Cmom wasn't tactful. She did bring up a valid point.[/quote]

Well It's failry obvious it was a hate crime.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1489011' date='Mar 30 2008, 06:53 PM']I'm sad that violence was used, but the consoling part is that some boys are not being passive about this offense against natural law. They need to find a constructive way to deal with their frustration, but the fact that they HAVE frustration about the affront against their masculinity is a good sign to me. It's just really sad that this one boy took it so far as to kill someone.[/quote]
boys fight about everything; if it wasn't cross-dressing it would have been something else. I don't read any good in this story. murder is murder - there is no consoling.

Edited by tgoldson

Vincent Vega

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489200' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:00 PM']Well It's failry obvious it was a hate crime.[/quote]
I'll let the courts decide that.

brendan1104

So could you!

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489184' date='Mar 30 2008, 08:54 PM']TT and Cmom could use some tact.[/quote]

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1489201' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:01 PM']boys fight about everything; if it wasn't cross-dressing it would have been something else. I don't read any good in this story. murder is murder - there is no consoling.[/quote]

You're right - I jumped to a conclusion. I was thinking of putting a disclaimer about the fact that his homosexuality might not have been the motive in my message but I think my brain was elsewhere. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Totus Tuus

catholicinsd

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1489011' date='Mar 30 2008, 07:53 PM']I'm sad that violence was used, but the consoling part is that some boys are not being passive about this offense against natural law. They need to find a constructive way to deal with their frustration, but the fact that they HAVE frustration about the affront against their masculinity is a good sign to me.[/quote]

So you're glad they comitted a hate crime, just sad it ended in death?

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1489217' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:08 PM']So you're glad they comitted a hate crime, just sad it ended in death?[/quote]

You're either reading something I did not write, or I wrote what I intended to say completely wrong.

Edited by Totus Tuus

catholicinsd

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1489219' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:09 PM']You're either reading something I did not write, or I wrote what I intended to say completely wrong.[/quote]

Well that's I made out of it.

I think he meant to say that it's good to be offended by immorality... but not to react to the offense with immoral behavior.