An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dta's Randomocity Thread

Deus te Amat

Ahh. So that's why not so many papers. As a philosophy major, that's just about all we do! Congrats on nursing though! Tough field I've heard. Do you play piccolo too, or is that not the reference in your SN?

Deus te Amat

I play flute and picc too... SMM plays clarinet

We have a veritable band going on here-- all we need is a tuba and a sax and we're pretty much set.

One of my best friends from high school is a tuba player who just graduated from Mississippi State with his music degree, and my other best friend is, you guessed it, a sax player! I guess we would have a band if they joined!

Deus te Amat

Awesome!! My priest plays tuba, so we have him for backup too! Do we need a trombone? I'm thinking... NO. Trombone's are overrated.

• 1 month later...
Deus te Amat

Okay. So today I had my physical for college medical papers.

You should have seen the nurse's face when I told her not to give me the STD vaccination. She tried insisting, and then about fell over when I said I wasn't planning on having premarital sex. It was kinda funny, but really sad at the same time. Apparently a lot of girls my age go into the PEDIATRICS ward to get that vaccination. :ohno:

I did have to get the Meningitis shot though. <_<

But it did come with a Coyote band-aid, so I'm cool. :)

MissScripture

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1561077' date='Jun 6 2008, 12:01 PM']Okay. So today I had my physical for college medical papers.

You should have seen the nurse's face when I told her not to give me the STD vaccination. She tried insisting, and then about fell over when I said I wasn't planning on having premarital sex. It was kinda funny, but really sad at the same time. Apparently a lot of girls my age go into the PEDIATRICS ward to get that vaccination. :ohno:

But it did come with a Coyote band-aid, so I'm cool. :)[/quote]
By STD vaccination do you mean the HPV one? I don't like the thought of getting vaccines like that when they really don't know a whole lot about them.

I got powerpuff girl stickers once, when I was 16 or 17 and went to the Dr. I saw them in her drawer when she opened it to get a pen and asked if I could have them if I was good, lol. She laughed, and gave them to me. I think she felt bad for me, because I had hives down my eustachan tube, because of the eardrops she'd given me the week before.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1561077' date='Jun 6 2008, 01:01 PM']Okay. So today I had my physical for college medical papers.

But it did come with a Coyote band-aid, so I'm cool. :)[/quote]

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1561142' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:00 PM']By STD vaccination do you mean the HPV one? I don't like the thought of getting vaccines like that when they really don't know a whole lot about them.[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda don't know what to think with this one. They definitely pushed this one. I think but I am not sure but I think that there have been girls who have died...now I am going to have to look that one up.

However, something does need to be done about HPV. Abstinence is a must of course. However, HPV is now found on the fingernails of men...resulting in HPV infection of infants. I'll find the articles in a few days for you all :)

MissS, research never ends <_<

Deus te Amat

The drug hasn't been fully tested. There are alot of side affects and other unknowns that make it dangerous to give. I really don't understand why they were practically forcing me to get it... I didn't ask for it and they already had it ready! It was like any other standard vaccination., and when I said no, she tried giving me reasons why I should have it.

What does it mean for other girls? The side affects are scary.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1562082' date='Jun 7 2008, 01:35 AM']The drug hasn't been fully tested. There are alot of side affects and other unknowns that make it dangerous to give. I really don't understand why they were practically forcing me to get it... I didn't ask for it and they already had it ready! It was like any other standard vaccination., and when I said no, she tried giving me reasons why I should have it.

What does it mean for other girls? The side affects are scary.[/quote]

Right...I understand that...that is why I need to find the articles that disclaims the drug.

They were forcing it because it is an STD drug. Plain and simple. We live in a world where sex is ok whenever, with whomever, and however. A drug comes out and TA DA...instant gratification all over.

The others are stuck in a very bad position because how many people read the fine print?

Deus te Amat

Why is purity practically non-existant in today's society? :ohno:

Purity is good. Why is something good, something so pure and holy, rejected and stompled on? It doesn't make sense.... My virginity, my purity of mind and soul, is a treasure, a gift...

It seems that Virtues are now being treated in the same way that Jesus was treated. Has it always been this way? Or is it just prevalent in such an extant that it I am finally noticing it.

I really need to start keeping a journal.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1562094' date='Jun 7 2008, 01:43 AM']Why is purity practically non-existant in today's society? :ohno:

Purity is good. Why is something good, something so pure and holy, rejected and stompled on? It doesn't make sense.... My virginity, my purity of mind and soul, is a treasure, a gift...

It seems that Virtues are now being treated in the same way that Jesus was treated. Has it always been this way? Or is it just prevalent in such an extant that it I am finally noticing it.

I really need to start keeping a journal.[/quote]
:( I know what you mean :(

Deus te Amat

Why is it when I say something Theologically profound to my mother, she think's I'm being brainwashed by my friend's family?

Just wondering. It's not like I can think for myself, or anything.