An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Attended Obamaroma

catholicinsd

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531363' date='May 17 2008, 11:12 AM']The definition of what is or is not rude is somewhat subjective.[/quote]

I concur

CatholicCid

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531365' date='May 17 2008, 11:13 AM']I concur[/quote]

How Rude!

[img]http://www.rightwinged.com/images/photoshops/howrude.jpg[/img]

:whistle:

Edited by CatholicCid

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531365' date='May 17 2008, 01:13 PM']I concur[/quote]

So, based on YOUR definition, I am rude. I must ask, what is your definition?

The problem with any text messaging system is that the person viewing the message may read something into the post that the author did not intend.

MissScripture

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1531381' date='May 17 2008, 11:24 AM']How Rude!

[img]http://www.rightwinged.com/images/photoshops/howrude.jpg[/img]
:whistle:[/quote]
:lol_roll:

[quote name='kujo' post='1531390' date='May 17 2008, 11:26 AM']So, based on YOUR definition, I am rude. I must ask, what is your definition?[/quote]
Well, it was based on YOUR definition that Mme. V was rude.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531397' date='May 17 2008, 01:30 PM']Calling people snooty??[/quote]

That was rude and I believe I apologized. If I didn't, I am sorry.

:taco:

Friends?

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531363' date='May 17 2008, 11:12 AM']The definition of what is or is not rude is somewhat subjective.[/quote]

[quote name='kujo' post='1531390' date='May 17 2008, 11:26 AM']So, based on YOUR definition, I am rude. I must ask, what is your definition?[/quote]

I was just agreeing that what is considered to be "rude" is quite subjective. It doesn't make anyone's definition right or wrong.

[sarcasm] would you like a chill pill? [/sarcasm]

CatholicCid

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531399' date='May 17 2008, 11:31 AM']The problem with any text messaging system is that the person viewing the message may read something into the post that the author did not intend.[/quote]
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/PhatmassWall/fatcat.jpg[/img]

:o

Edited by CatholicCid

MissScripture

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531403' date='May 17 2008, 11:34 AM']People should be charitable both when posting and when reading posts.[/quote]
Hey! That was my idea first! :harhar: See?

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531384' date='May 17 2008, 11:24 AM']I think that some of it has to do with personal perceptions. If someone is in a bad mood when they read something, they're more likely to take something that may not have been a jab as offensive, and post a response to that, rather than what the person meant (and I do think some people go looking for something to be offended by). I think it's best, when in doubt, to give the benefit of the doubt to people, and assume that what they're trying to say isn't coming out properly, rather than jump on someone. IOW, reading with charity is necessary.[/quote]

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531404' date='May 17 2008, 01:34 PM']I was just agreeing that what is considered to be "rude" is quite subjective. It doesn't make anyone's definition right or wrong.
[sarcasm] would you like a chill pill? [/sarcasm][/quote]

Haha. I think we shoud mandate that, when using sarcasm, we have to put the tags around it like you did. Maybe that would help.

MissScripture

[quote name='kujo' post='1531421' date='May 17 2008, 11:42 AM']Haha. I think we shoud mandate that, when using sarcasm, we have to put the tags around it like you did. Maybe that would help.[/quote]
I think some people would still chose to be offended.

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531436' date='May 17 2008, 01:48 PM']I think some people would still chose to be offended.[/quote]

You are probably right.

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531419' date='May 17 2008, 10:41 AM']Hey! That was my idea first! :harhar: See?[/quote]
:blowkiss: