An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Attended Obamaroma

catholicinsd

catholicinsd

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1531032' date='May 16 2008, 11:59 PM']Again, were you under the impression that the President of the United States has the power to override Supreme Court decisions and overturn Roe v. Wade?[/quote]

Bush had a Republican majority in Congress for the first 6 years. Together they could have gotten something done.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531033' date='May 16 2008, 11:02 PM']Bush had a Republican majority in Congress for the first 6 years. Together they could have gotten something done.[/quote]

Read post 89

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1530924' date='May 16 2008, 10:03 PM']How did you reach this conclusion?[/quote]

Rev. Wright is on the record saying it. He is proud of the fact that he preaches Black Liberation Theology. He has been preaching it since he was ordained.

catholicinsd

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531035' date='May 17 2008, 12:03 AM']Read post 89[/quote]

Partial birth abortion, is a issue His Honor and I disagree on. It should also be noted that this procdure is a very small minority of all abortions preformed.

CatholicCid

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531039' date='May 16 2008, 11:11 PM']Partial birth abortion, is a issue His Honor and I disagree on. It should also be noted that this procdure is a very small minority of all abortions preformed.[/quote]
Actually, it should be 0% of all abortions performed now... thanks to President Bush.

catholicinsd

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1530940' date='May 16 2008, 10:19 PM']Do not insult God Almighty by calling that man ANY kind of a [b]ch[/b]ristian![/quote]

Don't insult God by not capitalizing your religion.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1531044' date='May 17 2008, 12:17 AM']Actually, it should be 0% of all abortions performed now... thanks to President Bush.[/quote]

And how is that you expect that Obama would do better when he sees nothing wrong with partial birth abortion or any abortion for that matter?

catholicinsd

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1531046' date='May 17 2008, 12:20 AM']And how is that you expect that Obama would do better when he sees nothing wrong with partial birth abortion or any abortion for that matter?[/quote]

He's not lying about doing something about abortion.

CatholicCid

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1531046' date='May 16 2008, 11:20 PM']And how is that you expect that Obama would do better when he sees nothing wrong with partial birth abortion or any abortion for that matter?[/quote]

Is that directed at me? I'm against abortion. Obama is not. I cannot and will not vote for Obama.

If not directed at me, disregard ^_^

Edited by CatholicCid

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531039' date='May 16 2008, 11:11 PM']Partial birth abortion, is a issue His Honor and I disagree on. It should also be noted that this procdure is a very small minority of all abortions preformed.[/quote]

Your just being silly. You know there is no honor for one that supports partial birth abortion, no matter how rare.

I watched this town hall meeting on CNN today at the restaurant on campus, I wondered if you would be there. I was a bit scandalized by the old priest sitting behind where Barack Hussein Obama was talking. Additonally some things he did, won't end our problems. For example, let's get to use renewable energy by 20--, more ethanol, etc. Well, yes we need to cut our dependence from petroleum, but ethanol definitley isn't the solution. Ethanol is taking away corn, soy beans, etc. used to feed farm animals, which jacks up the price of beef, which jacks up the price of food, which leads to nutrional problems, and creates many more problems. So, not only do we have high gas prices but now we have an increasing price of food.

Please note, I only read the first two pages of this thread and then typed my post don't know if what I mention has already been said, (ie: priest or minister with collar).

CatholicinSD, I definitley think you need to take a class in American Politics and Government. You'll understand the roles and power of government. I say this as a former political science major.

catholicinsd

[quote name='the_rev' post='1531055' date='May 17 2008, 12:38 AM']I watched this town hall meeting on CNN today at the restaurant on campus, I wondered if you would be there. I was a bit scandalized by the old priest sitting behind where Barack Hussein Obama was talking.[/quote]

That priest is retired and a good friend of many of our civic leaders.

Ok, getting away from politics for quick second, I want to say something about the venue Sen Obama spoke in Watertown. We aren't that "hickish." I've live here in SD all my 18 years and I can't say I've ever felt so corny.

you really are that hickish

you were a part of history....

Seriously how does that not get guffaws?

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1530799' date='May 16 2008, 06:00 PM']When babies were being born alive after botched abortions, they were being placed in plastic bags and left to die in Illinois hospitals.[/quote]

That is hearbreaking. Do you possibly have a link or an idea where I can find articles or news clips about this? While I'm not surprised (and it makes me sad to say that), I haven't ever heard of this happening, and it seems like something to be educated about.

Christina.