Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1531381' date='May 17 2008, 11:24 AM']How Rude!

[img]http://www.rightwinged.com/images/photoshops/howrude.jpg[/img]
:whistle:[/quote]
:lol_roll:

[quote name='kujo' post='1531390' date='May 17 2008, 11:26 AM']So, based on YOUR definition, I am rude. I must ask, what is your definition?[/quote]
Well, it was based on YOUR definition that Mme. V was rude.

Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531397' date='May 17 2008, 01:30 PM']Calling people snooty??[/quote]

That was rude and I believe I apologized. If I didn't, I am sorry.

:taco:

Friends?

Posted

People should be charitable both when posting and when reading posts.

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531363' date='May 17 2008, 11:12 AM']The definition of what is or is not rude is somewhat subjective.[/quote]




[quote name='kujo' post='1531390' date='May 17 2008, 11:26 AM']So, based on YOUR definition, I am rude. I must ask, what is your definition?[/quote]


I was just agreeing that what is considered to be "rude" is quite subjective. It doesn't make anyone's definition right or wrong.


[sarcasm] would you like a chill pill? [/sarcasm]

CatholicCid
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531399' date='May 17 2008, 11:31 AM']The problem with any text messaging system is that the person viewing the message may read something into the post that the author did not intend.[/quote]
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/PhatmassWall/fatcat.jpg[/img]

:o

Edited by CatholicCid
MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531403' date='May 17 2008, 11:34 AM']People should be charitable both when posting and when reading posts.[/quote]
Hey! That was my idea first! :harhar: See?

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531384' date='May 17 2008, 11:24 AM']I think that some of it has to do with personal perceptions. If someone is in a bad mood when they read something, they're more likely to take something that may not have been a jab as offensive, and post a response to that, rather than what the person meant (and I do think some people go looking for something to be offended by). I think it's best, when in doubt, to give the benefit of the doubt to people, and assume that what they're trying to say isn't coming out properly, rather than jump on someone. IOW, reading with charity is necessary.[/quote]

Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531404' date='May 17 2008, 01:34 PM']I was just agreeing that what is considered to be "rude" is quite subjective. It doesn't make anyone's definition right or wrong.
[sarcasm] would you like a chill pill? [/sarcasm][/quote]

Haha. I think we shoud mandate that, when using sarcasm, we have to put the tags around it like you did. Maybe that would help.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1531421' date='May 17 2008, 11:42 AM']Haha. I think we shoud mandate that, when using sarcasm, we have to put the tags around it like you did. Maybe that would help.[/quote]
I think some people would still chose to be offended.

Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531436' date='May 17 2008, 01:48 PM']I think some people would still chose to be offended.[/quote]

You are probably right.

Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531419' date='May 17 2008, 10:41 AM']Hey! That was my idea first! :harhar: See?[/quote]
:blowkiss:

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531451' date='May 17 2008, 11:55 AM']:blowkiss:[/quote]


HEY <_< <_<


:bash: :bash:

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1531456' date='May 17 2008, 12:00 PM']HEY <_< <_<
:bash: :bash:[/quote]

Should he instead have blown you a kissy face? :topsy:

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531460' date='May 17 2008, 12:03 PM']Should he instead have blown you a kissy face? :topsy:[/quote]


perhaps, but I think MissScripture might have gotten jealous

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1531127' date='May 17 2008, 05:15 AM']It wasn't acted on because we disagree that it was racism. Mme V. may have said some "racist" remarks that we've missed in the past, but I don't believe that this is one of them. And your ranting on about how we mods don't censor racism is ridiculous. Do you realize that the majority of us are either multi-racial or married to someone of a race different than our own? If anything we're MORE sensitive to it than you are. Just because something gets reported doesn't mean we've got to edit it.[/quote]

Exactly...Jennie, for instance, is an Injun, aka "Native American" or "Savage" :indian:

:P

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' post='1531507' date='May 17 2008, 01:49 PM']Exactly...Jennie, for instance, is an Injun, aka "Native American" or "Savage" :indian:

:P[/quote]

Micah! I'm shocked at you!!!! How racist!!! I'm reporting you!!

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1531460' date='May 17 2008, 12:03 PM']Should he instead have blown you a kissy face? :topsy:[/quote]
No, then Joe would've been jealous. :ninja: *runs to hide from Roamin*

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1531399' date='May 17 2008, 10:31 AM']The problem with any text messaging system is that the person viewing the message may read something into the post that the author did not intend.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
exactly!

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Catholicinsd, will you answer a question for me?

Let's say we have a political candidate who was raised Christian and received a Catholic education, but stopped practicing his faith. Although he believes prostitution and pornography should be legal, he advocates many positive changes, such as direct democratic voting, that is, a system in which every vote would count, religious freedom, freedom of speech, a strong movement against government tyranny, and abolition of the death penalty. Despite coming from a wealthy political family, he strives to be modest and distances himself from his wealthy background. Despite being known as a liberal to the point where some want him dead or consider him to be in league with the devil, he is a patriotic man, even playing a role in establishing his national holiday.

Now...sound good to you? Would you vote for him, despite his falling away from the Christian faith, just because he would advance political freedoms, even if some of those freedoms are unrestrained?

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1531174' date='May 17 2008, 08:01 AM']As my dad says, "I wish Bush had all the power that people seem to think he has, because then he'd be able to do a LOT more." (That was after everyone started blaming him for the vaccine shortage and hurricane Katrina, etc)
Where is the honor in being a baby killer?
Yeah, he'll promote it and UNDO the strides Bush HAS made on the abortion front.
I think I was more of a part of history when I started laughing so hard I snorted at the Medora Musical, and almost threw off the performer, who then just incorporated me in his act!
OH MY GOODNESS! That post needs to be moderated! I am sooo offended, because I'm from Minnesota and we have Vikings in our history! How could she be so insensitive? :sadder:[/quote]


Because I'm a rascist of terrorists!! Okay??? :weep:

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531204' date='May 17 2008, 08:52 AM']He addressed the allegation that the President of the US made in front of the Israeli Knessett. And he did that in a livestock arena in Watertown SD.[/quote]

A: The President's statement was correct.

B: The President is [u]mildly[/u] guilty of the same.

C: What was historical about Obama addressing it?!

D: Nothing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...