An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Attended Obamaroma

catholicinsd

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='rhetoricfemme' post='1531067' date='May 16 2008, 10:50 PM']That is hearbreaking. Do you possibly have a link or an idea where I can find articles or news clips about this? While I'm not surprised (and it makes me sad to say that), I haven't ever heard of this happening, and it seems like something to be educated about.
Christina.[/quote]
[url="http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2008/01/top-10-reasons.html"]Here's a good piece from Jill Stanek. [/url] She has written a lot about Obama's support of this heinous act. if obama can't be trusted with just born babies, how can he be trusted at all?

catholicinsd

Did one watching the coverage see me? I was wearing a light blue shirt, sitting behind an older guy wearing yellow.

CatholicCid

Possibly... I had it on for a few minutes before switching to something entertaining, but I wasn't really watching the crowd.

catholicinsd

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1531073' date='May 17 2008, 12:56 AM']Possibly... I had it on for a few minutes before switching to something entertaining, but I wasn't really watching the crowd.[/quote]

What?

CatholicCid

I think I might have saw you. At least, I remember seeing a guy in yellow. Were you near a guy holding a sign?

I'm trying to grasp how a Barack Hussein Obama event was a part of history? You know how many campaign stumps he does in a day, and how many he will eventually do over the election season? By next week people will have forgotten about Watertown, South Dakota and will focus on wherever Obama is. Although, this was the first time he allowed people to share their stories, I don't see how that is "historical" its just good political strategy. Defintily that lady who talked about health care had no idea what she was talking about.

CatholicCid

[quote name='the_rev' post='1531084' date='May 17 2008, 12:03 AM']I'm trying to grasp how a Barack Hussein Obama event was a part of history? You know how many campaign stumps he does in a day, and how many he will eventually do over the election season? By next week people will have forgotten about Watertown, South Dakota and will focus on wherever Obama is. Although, this was the first time he allowed people to share their stories, I don't see how that is "historical" its just good political strategy. Defintily that lady who talked about health care had no idea what she was talking about.[/quote]

By refering to it as a part of "history", he can obtain a some emotional control. It gets people excited. They are doing something right now that will always be remembered... Even though, like you said, next week it'll be old news and forgotten. It's like his whole slogan of "Change". People hear change and assort it with the saying "Change is good" even though they may not know what the change actually is. Does any of it make sense? No. But, as a mob mentalitity, if everyone is excited and going with it, it doesn't have to.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1530985' date='May 16 2008, 10:12 PM']Because "terrorist" is a race??[/quote]

good point. :smokey:

goldenchild17

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1530995' date='May 16 2008, 10:23 PM']Well, where there's smoke there's fire. :shield:[/quote]

madame are you ripping on the Vikings now? tsk tsk

;)

goldenchild17

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531013' date='May 16 2008, 10:43 PM']Abortion is still legal 8 years into Bush.[/quote]

I certainly don't care for a lot of the things the guy did, but in regards to this issue Bush did what he could. I'm not convinced it was his main platform or his sole objective by any means and I think there is some left to be desired. But he did a lot of good nonetheless.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530812' date='May 17 2008, 10:18 AM']It's the newest fragrance... ObamAroma.. smells like BS.[/quote]
A particularly strong aroma of BS, I'm afraid. The fragrance gets on all his supporters and even if they stop supporting Obama the smell lingers on, and it's still very easy to confuse them as actual Obama supporters *cough cough* kujo *cough cough*.

While the treatment is still in it's experimental stages I would advise all former supporters of Obama to try a tomato sauce bath. It can't hurt.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530812' date='May 16 2008, 09:18 PM']It's the newest fragrance... ObamAroma.. smells like BS.[/quote]

I was going to say that this was easily the best post in this thread... then I saw Father Pontifex's post... you get to be #2 best post. lol

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530835' date='May 16 2008, 09:32 PM']This has reported, and you have failed to act on it. Racism in any form should not be tolerated on this phorum.[/quote]

It wasn't acted on because we disagree that it was racism. Mme V. may have said some "racist" remarks that we've missed in the past, but I don't believe that this is one of them. And your ranting on about how we mods don't censor racism is ridiculous. Do you realize that the majority of us are either multi-racial or married to someone of a race different than our own? If anything we're MORE sensitive to it than you are. Just because something gets reported doesn't mean we've got to edit it.

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1530840' date='May 16 2008, 09:35 PM']Obamaroma.... hmmm sounds like something I could time out of purgatory for going to. The agony of it all. Who cares if he wore an American Flag lapel pin. He's for abortion.

I certainly wouldn't agree that Obama is a terrorist. However, calling him a terrorist doesn't make one a racist. If I called George Bush a terrorist no one would accuse me of being racist. Just because Obama is black we shouldn't pull out the race card. I don't care if he's purple. I don't like man.[/quote]

AMEN. Obama makes me ill.

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1531003' date='May 17 2008, 12:37 AM']This all seems a waste of time. Obama ain't right, period. I believe I have the Holy Spirit in this one. Case closed.

:rolleyes:[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1531069' date='May 17 2008, 01:52 AM']+J.M.J.+

[url="http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2008/01/top-10-reasons.html"]Here's a good piece from Jill Stanek. [/url] She has written a lot about Obama's support of this heinous act. if obama can't be trusted with just born babies, how can he be trusted at all?[/quote]

I believe the correct answer to your question is "He CANNOT be trusted at all." :thumbsup:

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1531100' date='May 17 2008, 02:44 AM']I certainly don't care for a lot of the things the guy did, but in regards to this issue Bush did what he could. I'm not convinced it was his main platform or his sole objective by any means and I think there is some left to be desired. But he did a lot of good nonetheless.[/quote]

:yes: Better to have a little bit of progress than none at all, which is what we'd be facing if Obama got control. I really think he would actively do whatever he could to devastate the Pro-Life cause if he got elected.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531045' date='May 17 2008, 01:18 AM']Don't insult God by not capitalizing your religion.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure God will forgive a typo. I'm also pretty sure He will be more saddened by your active participation and support of a man who is in favor of slaughtering millions of innocents every year than He is over the aforementioned typo. The more I read this thread the more I am convinced you need a reality check.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531033' date='May 16 2008, 11:02 PM']Bush had a Republican majority in Congress for the first 6 years. Together they could have gotten something done.[/quote]

So you were under the impression that members of Congress could overturn supreme court decisions?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1531039' date='May 16 2008, 11:11 PM']Partial birth abortion, is a issue His Honor and I disagree on. It should also be noted that this procdure is a very small minority of all abortions preformed.[/quote]

Wow, you're really in deep.